Hi, I recently came back to playing Third Age TW after a long time and decided to go with some old modding ideas I had. I made some progress and wanted to create some historic events for the campaign script but every time I edit historic_events.txt the game crashes. If I type a new entry or even if I just erase a letter from the text of a previous entry I get a CTD (even if I just edit the text and leave the original title and body entries).

Is there a maximum limit for historic events / entries in this file? I have searched for it but never saw it mentioned.

It's even stranger because if I go back and revert changes liveing de file as before it will keep crashing! If I paste the back up file of historic_events.txt it still crashes!

I have come accross this thread and tried Withwnar's solution editing the export_building.txt and adding his extra lines to no avail :

CTD after editing "text" contents (twcenter.net)

The only way I can make my file to work is to copy everything in text files from a backup and paste them to my mod. I tried deleting historic_events.txt.strings.bin and strat.txt.strings.bin but was of no use.

So in summary: editing historic_events.txt leads to CTD. The CTD the can't be fix reverting the changes.

I would appreciate any help you could give me. Kind regards.