Thread: Adding unused accents to a mod?

Default Adding unused accents to a mod?

Hi guys. I recently downloaded the Bulat Steel mod which, as many would already know, was originally Russian but was translated to English. However I have noticed that many of the accents from vanilla Med2 have not been used. For example Scotland uses English accents and all the Eastern European factions use the Mediterranean accent. I tried making simple changes in the descr_sounds_accents.txt file to match the factions with their correct accents but that seems to be making no difference. I spoke briefly with one of the mod creators about this issue but he seemed to be unaware that Scotland, Eastern European and Nomad factions even had their own accents in the English version of Med2 and thus it wasn't given any thought. Is there a way that I could add these missing accents manually to the mod myself that I am not aware of? It's honestly the best mod for Med2 that I've played but the mismatch in accents really irks me!

Callistonian's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Adding unused accents to a mod?

See this guide on how to add an accent. I don't know how much of the vanilla infrastructure is still in place in that mod; you may have a really easy time or be basically adding accents from scratch. Remember that the sounds text files get packed into events.dat, saving the text files by themselves doesn't do anything (the game only uses them to build events.dat). And you must have all the sounds text files in the data folder in order for events.dat to rebuild correctly.