Thread: [SUBMOD] Actually Persian main menu background for DeI

Default [SUBMOD] Actually Persian main menu background for DeI

Hey folks

As we all already know, DeI is one of the most historically well researched mods for any Total war game out there, and imo, for any game ever made. One thing has bugged me for a long time tho. The Persian main menu background in DeI is more on theme with Prince of Persia or popular western depictions of 1001 nights than the Persian aesthetic of the classical-antiquity. It's even more painful to see the effort the DeI dev team has clearly put into customizing the Persian DeI emblem, but the iconography is more in line with Hollywood presentations of the Middle-East than with the reality of the era relevant to the game.

That being said, I have made a tiny little submod to replace the Persian background and emblem to a much more culturally accurate one.

Preview:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Download: Mediafire
    Load it after DeI. It only overwrites the Persian background, so it is compatible with mods that alter other backgrounds.

Credits:
    Background image is an artwork of the ancient city of Yazd, by Ehsan Dabbaghi. Permission to publish was graciously granted.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Actually Persian main menu background for DeI

Nice background pic!

Pardon my brain stutter but I have no idea what you mean Persian main menu background in DeI. I work on the mod since 2014 and I am not aware we ever had one?
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

really nice pic, well balanced

you can set different pics that will be showed if you scroll the campaign options with the bottom right arrows
    just a visual addition added while dlcs were released
    DeI has a custom eastern one iirc

Hey hey, I'm originally from Persia(Iran) and just gonna say, Good one!

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Nice background pic!

Pardon my brain stutter but I have no idea what you mean Persian main menu background in DeI. I work on the mod since 2014 and I am not aware we ever had one?
    Thanks!
    As Jake Armitage said, the Emperor edition has the option to switch between a few backgrounds which DeI utilized for adding custom backgrounds for a few civilizations.

really nice pic, well balanced
    Hey hey, I'm originally from Persia(Iran) and just gonna say, Good one!
    Thanks a bunch!

Looks fantastic mate, this always bothered me too