Thread: Does the EB2 team have any plans to develop a EB2 mod based on RTW Remastered?

Default Does the EB2 team have any plans to develop a EB2 mod based on RTW Remastered?

EB3 to be based on RTW Remastered? I know its next to impossible since EB2 has taken more than a decade and still unfinished (understandably) but if one is allowed to dream and if manpower, commitment, talent is not an issue, how would it look or feel like and how long would it take?

I love EB2 btw.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Does the EB2 team have any plans to develop a EB2 mod based on RTW Remastered?

No. An EB3 on RTW Remastered would be somewhat of a downgrade overall (aside from the extended region possibilities). But if M2TW remastered did release one day, we might be interested in moving EB2 to that and continuing work.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Default Re: Does the EB2 team have any plans to develop a EB2 mod based on RTW Remastered?

The only thing that's better about RTW than M2TW is the battle engine. It's a no from me.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

I think all remaining modders of the Med2 mods would welcome a Med2:Remastered!
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

How is the battle engine in Rome superior to the one in Medieval 2?
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
    How is the battle engine in Rome superior to the one in Medieval 2?
    Mostly because Phalanxes can actually fight properly in RTW compared to medieval 2 where they fight and march awkwardly.
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

I also like RTW engine more than M2TW, not just because of the phalanxes but many reasons. Being more easily moddable being one. However M2TW has features that makes it more complex. Anyway i liked EB1 more than EB2, mostly because units ( less historically accurate in EB1 but also more cool and stat-wise more balanced )
    Last edited by randy_cat; June 29, 2022 at 03:45 AM.

IIRC, there is an official port of EB1 to RR currently in development (Has nothing to do with the unofficial one currently on steam). Their dev updates (something close to it) are on the EB Online discord.
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu