Thread: faction symbols

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default faction symbols

What a turn starts all factions in place move infront of you by their name and their symbol.
    Which symbol is this and in what folder?
    I made a correction to symbols 24 and 48 size folder but a single sympol apears "cut off"...
    Is there any other place that symbols placed ?
    In both foiders their are faction_symnol , faction_symbol_grey, faction_symbol_roll and faction_symbol select.
    Do i miss anything.
    Also where are the strat_map characters banner symbols placed (folder) because a faction of mine apears with wrong symbol when captain or genaral holds the banner.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Default Re: faction symbols

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    What a turn starts all factions in place move infront of you by their name and their symbol.
    Ehm, what?

Sorry WHEN a turn starts and all faction symbold and names apear in the turn carousel. One of the symbols is looking by 2/3 . In the folders symbols 48 and symbols 24 all symbols are perfect.
    The symbols that apears when a turn of the gamme starts are loacated in the UI /culture/ inteRface textures or eslewhere?
    The Banners start_map generals and captains hold on the map where are located to fix some symbols that are incorrect? For example in Symbols 24/48 folders Byz_reb have the proper symbols but the byz_reb generals(shadow faction = Roman Usurpers) have the symbol of Lombards in green!
    I have notticed that in the diplomacy menu also some symbols apear wrong. How can i correct them ?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

I apologise fr my double post but since my english are poor i post some clarifications of what i ask to fix:
    Here is the Venice faction symbol :

Here is how it looks when the turn carousel is in action

Nottice that parts of the symbol are missing. That symbol is in the UI/culture/interface or somewhere else?
    Last here is the Roman Empire official symbol.

The faction has a shadow faction _byz_reb (Roman usurpers) .
    In the descr_sm_faction entry :
    Code:
    faction                        byzantium, shadowed_by byz_reb
    culture                        romaic
    religion                    roman
    symbol                        models_strat/symbol_byzantium.CAS
    rebel_symbol                                    models_strat/symbol_rebels.CAS
    primary_colour                    red 145, green 7, blue 6
    secondary_colour                red 234, green 163, blue 17
    loading_logo                    loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_byzantium.tga
    standard_index                    15
    logo_index                    FACTION_LOGO_VENICE
    small_logo_index                SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_VENICE
    triumph_value                    5
    custom_battle_availability            yes
    can_sap                        no
    prefers_naval_invasions                yes
    can_have_princess                no
    has_family_tree                    yes
    can_build_siege_towers        yes
    can_transmit_plague            yes
    The proper symbol has to be the same in green and it has the name sicily but when the Roman Usurpers apear they use the Lombards symbol instead in green.
    Shoould i make a separate entry like:
    Code:
    faction byz_reb
    culture                        romaic
    religion                    roman
    symbol                        models_strat/symbol_sicily.CAS
    rebel_symbol                                    models_strat/symbol_rebels.CAS
    primary_colour                    red 145, green 7, blue 6
    secondary_colour                red 234, green 163, blue 17
    loading_logo                    loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_sicily.tga
    standard_index                    15
    logo_index                    FACTION_LOGO_VENICE
    small_logo_index                SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_VENICE
    triumph_value                    5
    custom_battle_availability            yes
    can_sap                        no
    prefers_naval_invasions                yes
    can_have_princess                no
    has_family_tree                    yes
    can_build_siege_towers        yes
    can_transmit_plague            yes
    If not what should I do?
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; June 25, 2022 at 05:00 AM.

I'd suggest checking out all these locations in your mod folder:

- data/menu/symbols/fe_symbols_80
    - data/menu/symbols/fe_buttons_48
    - data/menu/symbols/fe_buttons_24

- data/ui/southern_european/interface/sharedpage_01 (and variants)
    - data/ui/southern_european/interface/stratpage_01 (and variants)

- data/ui/faction_symbols
    - data/models_strat/textures
    - data/banners
    - data/menu/symbols

I found our that _tartaros_ created a stratpage_NEW_02 and placed the Venice symbol there.
    I tried to relocate its position with my 1st attempt to have only half of the symbol and the 2nd attempt almist same as _tartaros_ one!
    The VENICE SYMBOL also exists in a stratpage 4 but the game does not use it !
    I hate when _tartaros_ makes something withour inform me before he does it. I find my self make the same works again and again many times!

Should strat_map baner symbols look like these in theri folder?
    In the descr_sm_faction byz_ren has the right symolo entry (sicily) but it does not apear in game.
    EDIT: I GIVE UP! I just give up.
    In a previus data where the Mayars symbol was placed it apeaed both for Magyars and VENICE. I placed Venice in its place and now Magyars have the Venice symbol.
    I give up .I wished Cendric or Absinthia would be arround but they are not...._tartaros and I simply do not know where each symbol must be.
    I declair my wityhdraw from modding.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails strat_map_characters baner symbols.png  
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; June 25, 2022 at 08:52 AM.

I have seen Russichi mod that created more "sharedpages" like "sharepage_teutronic" and followed with an extesnsive stratpage3 that includes both mini UI symbols same side in sharepage and strapage symbols same size like strapage ones.

In vanilla M2TW/Kingdoms the sharepage 2 hosts 21 faction symbols.
    The Stratape 1 hosts 1 and stratpage4 hosts 3 and strapage2 hosts all the rest.
    If a mod has more than 21 factions what are the options to expand that limit?
    Create new stratpage ?
    Create new sharepage?
    Adds more symbols in sharepage2 and if yes in what positions?
    I followed The Rusichi mod example but the game simply did not start? Is any kind of coding to the symbols in interface pages?

In vanilla M2TW/Kingdoms the sharepage 2 hosts 21 faction symbols.
    The Stratape 1 hosts 1 and stratpage4 hosts 3 and strapage2 hosts all the rest.
    If a mod has more than 21 factions what are the options to expand that limit?
    Create new stratpage ?
    Create new sharepage?
    Adds more symbols in sharepage2 and if yes in what positions?
    I followed The Rusichi mod example but the game simply did not start? Is any kind of coding to the symbols in interface pages?
    Yes, you can create new sharedpage and stratpage files. However, you need to reference them (as well as the new faction icons within the new files) in the .sd files (battle.sd/shared.sd/strategy.sd) in the ui folder. But I believe you need to have the .xml versions of these files in order to modify them. When starting the game it will generate the proper .sd files.

This thread might be useful: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-and-battle-sd
    Last edited by Razor; June 26, 2022 at 09:19 AM.

Chinese writing is easier than this!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

The symbols in the 'roll over' are the symbols\FE_buttons_48 files. A 'cutoff' will happen if the file(s) used has dimensions that exceed the default measurement (59*59)

banner_symbol files: like any cas file there is an embedded texture - if you rename the cas file it will still use the original texture file. That can be established by opening the cas file with notepad and looking at teh very end of that file.

How to create custom faction symbols.
    Last edited by Gigantus; June 28, 2022 at 05:26 AM.

True...All symbols in the menu/symbols folders (24, 48,80) have the proper size.
    The problam starts in the sharepage2 and stratpage2 that all symbols are in proper places (24 in total including rebels).
    The problem starts with Venice (Poland in game name) symbol in sharepage2_NEW and Stratpage2_New that are not in proper places (co-ordinates) and the venice symbol apears cut off!
    If you have download the mod folder i posted in dev forum and watch those pages in interface you will understand. In the meanwhile i fixed the extra symbols _tartaros_created for East Frankia_reb (named East Frankia princes) , Rus_reb (named Rus_princes) and HRE_reb (named HRE Princedoms). Do you wish me to copy the messages that i sent to Razor to have a more complete vision of the problem? We will need (exept the proper placed 24 symbols )the symbol of Venice (named Poland), the symbols of the 3 reb factions , the symbol of Hungary (if we will make it replace Magyars after marriage event and Adopt Christianity) and a place holder symbol (for future use) total 29!

True...All symbols in the menu/symbols folders (24, 48,80) have the proper size.
    The problam starts in the sharepage2 and stratpage2 that all symbols are in proper places (24 in total including rebels).
    The problem starts with Venice (Poland in game name) symbol in sharepage2_NEW and Stratpage2_New that are not in proper places (co-ordinates) and the venice symbol apears cut off!
    If you have download the mod folder i posted in dev forum and watch those pages in interface you will understand. In the meanwhile i fixed the extra symbols _tartaros_created for East Frankia_reb (named East Frankia princes) , Rus_reb (named Rus_princes) and HRE_reb (named HRE Princedoms). Do you wish me to copy the messages that i sent to Razor to have a more complete vision of the problem? We will need (exept the proper placed 24 symbols )the symbol of Venice (named Poland), the symbols of the 3 reb factions , the symbol of Hungary (if we will make it replace Magyars after marriage event and Adopt Christianity) and a place holder symbol (for future use) total 29!
    Check your inbox. Venice being cut off was indeed the result of wrong coordinates in the respective .xml file. I've added the new symbols to the .tga files and referenced them in the .xml files accordingly.

The XML files DO not transfrom to .SD ones.
    Check your inbox how the Venice symbol looks like now.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

If you have a Steam version then you need to leave the old SD files in there - do not delete them after editing the XML file! The custom tga page needs to be present as well.
    Same holds true for text\battle, strat, shared and tooltips.string.bin