Thread: Immortal Empires map and Preview of v1.3

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Immortal Empires map and Preview of v1.3

Have you seen the reveal of the Immortal Empires map and the preview of v1.3 of Warhammer III? Any thoughts on these plans?

I like the sounds of the Sea Lanes mechanic and will be interested to see whether the AI uses it (and what differences this leads to in areas that were in Mortal Empires). In 1.3, a reduction in the impact of plague attrition sounds helpful.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Immortal Empires map and Preview of v1.3

Better than I expected but large areas are probably still going to be crowded and with little room for mods sadly.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

AI won't use the Sea Lanes at start (from a discussion with dev). There is a small "canal" crossing Lustria at its narrowest point, allowing navigation from East to West (and I suppose the AI can use it).
    Chaos Rifts won't be there at start either. And no Chaos Realms.

Map is really huge. It covers the whole world (except Nippon), and some areas have been expended. Cathay has a lot more provinces, but also Estalia, Tilea and Western Border Princes. Does it mean.... Southern Realms DLC in a few months?

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Good thinking, a Southern Realms DLC sounds like a possibility and it could be interesting.

I like the idea of mid-game and late-game events appearing to challenge the player - and to provide more variety compared to Mortal Empires where the end-game challenge was always a Chaos invasion. The option they added to choose the difficulty level of Chaos invasions, or to turn them off, was a good one and I hope that they offer something similar for the challenges in Immortal Empires.

Having said that, I also hope that AI factions will be capable of expanding to much larger nations in Immortal Empires, through expansion as well as confederation. For me, that would provide an even more satisfying mid-game and late-game challenge. The player have some interesting choices - do you send an expedition to try to slow the expansion of a potential late-game enemy (and, if so, which of several possible late game rivals do you attack), or do you keep that army close to home to defend and expand the core of your empire?

Zerkovich's video was helpful for me, as he zoomed in to show how the Immortal Empires map differs from Mortal Empires.
    Last edited by Alwyn; June 26, 2022 at 02:15 AM.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

His video is not very good IMO, it didn't get in details about the changes (for exemple, he didn't notice the new Middle mountain in the Empire, or the extra provinces in the Southern Realms).