Thread: Export_Buildings.txt File Stopped Showing Changes

Icon5 Export_Buildings.txt File Stopped Showing Changes

Hi everyone!

I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem. I am modding Stainless Steel 6.4 for some time now and suddenly the text file for building descriptions has stopped accepting my changes. This was not a problem before. The strings.bin file accepts the script change, as in the below test where I changed "first" to "second", but it will not show up in the game anymore.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Strings.bin.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	253.8 KB 
ID:	367590

How can a strings.bin file become locked or overwritten by the main SS 6.4 game when there was no problem before? Does anyone know?

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Export_Buildings.txt File Stopped Showing Changes

SS can be a bit weird with all it's file shuffling\amending. I would suggest to use the BinEditor to import and then export the TXT file to make sure the formatting is fine and then delete corresponding the string.bin file to force generating of a new one.

Okay, yeah, I also feel like this has some kind of hidden connection issue to it. I even found a third text folder that held my latest changes and copying and pasting the file failed to bring up the changes again. Each new attempt generates the strings.bin file with the new changes, but they don't show up in-game anymore.

It's strange. I'll try what you said. thanks!

Well, I tried it, but it didn't work. There is a brief stall now, and then it crashes. It's trying to work, but it can't. Something catastrophic happened.

I'm really angry with Steam right now. I had no idea it could just come in and change my game files like that. I have some questions if you don't mind:

1) Can Steam damage Bare Geomod files?

2) Can stone forts be created in Bare Geomod?

3) Can some units from the Kingdoms mods be imported into Bare Geomod?

4) Can Volcanoes be created on the map of Bare Geomod, i.e. can the terrain be changed?

5) Can new events be created and triggered in Bare Geomod?

Thanks for your time in helping me with Steam's stomping of my mod and also answering my questions. I appreciate it.