Thread: Intel Iris MAX Xe cannot run the game

Default Intel Iris MAX Xe cannot run the game

This discrete laptop vga, bundled with 11th gen intel core i7 has 4gb of dedicated memory + 8gb shared memory (notebook has 16gb ram)
    The game, with tweaking the preference script file, sees 4gb, but it cannot start a campaign even with minimum graphic settings. I can play historical battles, even on high settings and full hd resolution, but campaign has no hope to play on this laptop. Always ctd after loading screen or goes to black screen with only audio.
    Shogun2 runs well on same notebook.
    Since the game seems already abandoned from developer, I ask community if someone has found a solution/workaround to this problem, to share with others unfortunate buyes of this gem.

Default Re: Intel Iris MAX Xe cannot run the game

Quote Originally Posted by itkampf View Post
    This discrete laptop vga, bundled with 11th gen intel core i7 has 4gb of dedicated memory + 8gb shared memory (notebook has 16gb ram)
    The game, with tweaking the preference script file, sees 4gb, but it cannot start a campaign even with minimum graphic settings. I can play historical battles, even on high settings and full hd resolution, but campaign has no hope to play on this laptop. Always ctd after loading screen or goes to black screen with only audio.
    Shogun2 runs well on same notebook.
    Since the game seems already abandoned from developer, I ask community if someone has found a solution/workaround to this problem, to share with others unfortunate buyes of this gem.
    Hello! I signed up to help you out with this.

I had the same issue but found another who had solved it on a intel forum. All they had done was to update the drivers for the graphics card. I tried mself by googling "Intel Iris XE Max Drivers" and downloading them from intel's own website. Now it works like a charm to start "Age of Charlemagne"