Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A help request.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default A help request.

I ask the artists a humble request,
    The shielf in the attchment has a golden patern.
    I wonder if that patern could become a "3d" some color metal addition on the shield's surface.

Cuting the metal piece we would have a triangle with thebase on the shield and the adge on top.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ανώνυμο-1.png  
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: A help request.

u want to extrude the yellow symbol on the middle so that it ll look as a 3d?

Yes a 3d metal one.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

I was misunderstood . I ment that this part should "look" like 3d in view like some decorative letters.
    Even so your 3d part could do the job of its cross section could be a triangle and not a square. That way as on .obj format i would resize it and addi it to the shield's surface that point its curved.

Quote Originally Posted by karaislam View Post
    I want a version with a cental nerve in each branch to ogive it a shape of edge in the middle.

Can a 2d artist make the patern look like a 3d metal part with a central edge (if you cut it you should look a triangle)?

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I think he wants something like this:

But maybe 3D would look more realistic? See the stars on this unit's sheilds, for example:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Yes if that sample would be 3d would be great!!! Thanks Araval!

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Sorry, I don't know how to make 3D models myself, I just showed an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post

But maybe 3D would look more realistic? See the stars on this unit's sheilds, for example:

I sent a message to Karaislam but he is not that active. Can a 3d maker create what ARAVAL shows here with the UV maps included?

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post

I sent a PM to Karaislam but he is not that active. Can a 3d maker create wahat Araval shows in his picture with the UV maps included?

Is there no 3d artist to make Araval's example 3d obj to allow me procced with TGC Muslim units?

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Can you upload just the regular shield mesh you are using as an obj?

Allow me to express my gratudute to those people:
    Paleologos that created the texture basis.
    Karaislam that made the 1st attempt to make this shield a reality.
    Araval that understood what i had in mind and created the 2d basis of the shield.
    Luis Lux that created the actuall 3d part of the shield!
    \
    Now its my turn to complete the shield and make those people proud that helped me.
    It is always a pleasant feeling to know that people are willing to help.
    I THANK THEM ALL.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; July 05, 2022 at 08:47 AM.

i am sorry for not completing the model antonius.i could not understand ur point about the shield.due to lack of my english skills.

i am sorry for not completing the model antonius.i could not understand ur point about the shield.due to lack of my english skills.
    Sorry ? NOOO! It was an honor for me that you offered your help...A REAL HONOR my friend.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

I just edited your existing model. I did almost no 3d modeling for the shield.

Once again I come to ask for a 3d part creation help.

I want that metal rim as 3d part (like in the Muslim shield before to add it on curved shields.

By creating this you will help not only TGC mod but SSHIP submod for their Georgian units because the final shield that will be emerged i will share it with them since the textures belong to a member of theirs.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; December 31, 2022 at 04:43 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast