Thread: The Hellenic Philometor trait

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default The Hellenic Philometor trait

I never had this issue in the past until playing the latest version of EBII. I am now on turn 925 in the game (42 BC) playing as Koinon Hellenon. I have a huge empire with a long, prestigious series of elected strategoi as great faction leaders. However, the game has an obnoxiously consistent habit of attempting to name each and every one of them with the epithet of "Philometor" (love of the mother, or...mother lover ).

The game does this instead of choosing a wide variety of other epithets that are available. When it did this with the first two I thought it was an odd coincidence. Yet when it attempted to do it again with my third faction leader I would have none of it and forcefully changed his name to something else using the "give_trait" shell command cheat code (after looking over the traits file in the data folder). Needless to say, I was annoyed.

I've had to do this with every single faction leader since then. I had one faction leader who achieved "Aniketos" (Invincible) on his own and another who was even "Megas" (the Great, like Alexander), and yet the game thought it would be neat to poke a stick in my eye and attempt to rename them "Philometor" anyway at a later date. Nope! I changed it right back to their deserving titles.

I guess I don't mind using the shell command to correct this and provide a bit of variety for epithets, but not everyone is as savvy as me when it comes to using cheats; some players refuse to use cheats at all out of principle. My suggestion would be to fix this issue somehow with triggers in the traits file, since it is a rather annoying one. It's ahistorical and downright silly to say that each and every faction leader in a row is a momma's boy.

Default Re: The Hellenic Philometor trait

"Greek, philometor, do you speak it?" That would be a wonderful quote for generals