Thread: Adding the Italian flag to the Italian States republic government

Default Adding the Italian flag to the Italian States republic government

Hello.

I've trying to figure out the way of adding the Italian flag for the Italian States when its government is a republic. But, I haven't find a solution yet on it. I think the programs I need are GIMP, Paint and Pack File Manager, or maybe more. Also, if it is possible to change the name of the faction, to rename it Italy, it would be better.

I've been using this thread as help, but, still don't know what to do:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...lags-COMPLETED

Thank you!

Libertus

Default Re: Adding the Italian flag to the Italian States republic government

If you want to have a republican flag for Italian States, you will have to edit the existing flags of one nation that are not used (holstein_gottorp, mecklenburg, swiss_confederation or tuscany).
    Then all you have to do is assign them to papal_sates as republican flags:
    1. in startpos: CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS/ CAMPAIGN_ENV/ CAMPAIGN_MODEL/ WORLD/ FACTION_ARRAY/ FACTION_ ARRAY /FACTION (papal_sates)
    second FACTION_FLAG_AND_COLORS entry
    2. in your mod pack: db/ factions /papal_states add new republican_flag_path (copy-paste and edit any other faction entry)

You cannot have a different nation name for a monarchy and republic. The only way to do that as a sort of a 'trick' is: during your campaign when the faction turns to republic, you edit faction_screen_name in localisation.loc (in your mod pack).