Thread: Highway Textures Bugged

Default Highway Textures Bugged

Highway (road_level 2) textures on the strat map appear to be bugged in two ways.

1) If you skip road_level 1 then the highway textures won't show up in the region until any building is completed in any region. It doesn't matter what building is completed or in which region, but the highway textures will never show up until that happens. Reloading the map and the whole game doesn't change this - you have to build something. Again, this only happens when you skip road_level 1 going directly from no road or road_level 0 to level 2. This also affects the bridge. I tried reproducing this for road_level 1 (that is, skipping road_level 0) but it isn't bugged in this way.

2) Adding highways to the map in descr_strat only works for the first faction (index 0) in the campaign. England is the first faction in the vanilla campaign, so if you add a bunch of road_level 2 buildings around the map you will see that only england's regions have the correct textures and bridges.

I tested these findings in multiple mods including geomod. I'm hoping someone else can confirm or even offer a solution or workaround.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Highway Textures Bugged

A possible solution might be to add the highways via first turn script - don't add other roads in descr_strat as you will most likely end up with two types of road otherwise.

create_building adds the highways building (or any other building you like with road_level > 1) to the settlement but it doesn't actually upgrade the roads in the region in terms of move point bonuses or textures or bridges. The roads must be one of those hard coded effects like upgrading the settlement, farm textures, etc. that only work when you actually construct the building from the queue.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

That's possible. I wonder if the same issue existed in RTW? After all they had highways there.