Thread: Volga Bulgaria Preview

Default Volga Bulgaria Preview

New faction Volga Bulgaria replacing The Seljuk Empire.
    Starting area

Bodyguard

crossbow

archers

spearmen

more spearmen

light archers

Heavy ax

random battle

feedback is always wanted... thanks

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: Volga Bulgaria Preview

My friend you use TGC shield paterns (islamic Factions) that were made spesifiucaly for TGC by Leif Erikson and Pacco and I do not remember that I gave you such a permision.
    Because TGC has this policy for permisions.
    Please REMOVE those shields from your mod untill TGC will give you the proper permision.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    My friend you use TGC shield paterns (islamic Factions) that were made spesifiucaly for TGC by Leif Erikson and Pacco and I do not remember that I gave you such a permision.
    Because TGC has this policy for permisions.
    Please REMOVE those shields from your mod untill TGC will give you the proper permision.
    They are not in any released version of the mod. Sorry but I borrowed those assets from broken cresent and reached out to them for permission but never heard back. So I'm a little confused if those are specifically for TGC. Regardless if those are your material and I cannot borrow I will remove from future release and find other patterns. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I'm assumming your referring to the bodyguard unit shields.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt2013 View Post
    They are not in any released version of the mod. Sorry but I borrowed those assets from broken cresent and reached out to them for permission but never heard back. So I'm a little confused if those are specifically for TGC. Regardless if those are your material and I cannot borrow I will remove from future release and find other patterns. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I'm assumming your referring to the bodyguard unit shields.
    Briken Cresent ....Creator Koultouras
    Permision to use TGC material ONLY for submod for Broken Cresent:
    CREDITS
    Models and Textures/ Preview Art :
    koultouras

Miscelaneous:
    ALFAJI: Roster Concept & Unit Info Descriptions
    Maximinus Thrax : Historical Info
    Broken Crescent Development Team: Shields' Textures
    Lord_Calidor: Spear Models and Textures

Special Thanks:
    TGC team for letting me use parts of my TGC work.
    Ruschichi Mod for letting me use parts of their work.
    sumskilz and _Capper_
    jermagon for translating stuff from Arabic into English

ENJOY!
    Since you are a new modder in the future becarefull what material you use to make sure that you have the proper permisions. If a mod uses TGC material this does not mean that anyone that plays that mod can use that material. That is why CREDITS exist.
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; May 30, 2022 at 01:49 PM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Unfortunately these kind of permission issues can easily happen if it is not specified in the credits what items have been used from other teams (even I can't recall the extent of Koultouras' work). I do not see an intent here to use without appropriate permission.

Now that the original ownership of the item is clarified would the TGC team agree to allow use of specific\detailed items provided a formal request is made by Curt2013?
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 31, 2022 at 01:14 AM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Now that the original ownership of the item is clarified would the TGC team agree to allow use of specific\detailed items provided a formal request is made by Curt2013?
    I would also ask you, @AntoniusII, to give this agreement. I imagine it would be very disheartening to remove that work somebody (Curt20213) has already made for his mod.
    JoC

My interfearence here has to do to allow the modder learn how to proper ask permisions and learn what material is permision free and what is not.
    He played Briken Cresent. Koultouras created the bodies but the shields paterns were of Leif Erikson and Pacco (known that almost never gave permision for his works) . But those shield were part of Koultouras' TGC faction rosters and FORMALY asked permision INSIDE TGC dev forum to allow him use not only his TGC work but also work of others being already a member of TGC!
    Conclusion.
    A modder finds something interesting to use for his own mod. He searches for CREDITS...Then he asks the members/teams on the credits list for permision. "I found those Arabic units and i want to use their shields, what do I have to do to use them?"
    Even myself I asked permisions inside TGC dev forums plus i keep a separate folder in my inbox with all positive and negative answers of permisions given to me all these years.
    Other wise we must stop ussing Credits and we can use any material we see that fits to our mods from other mods without asking anyone.
    See King Kong's permision policy about TATW. "NO new version of the mod is allowed but only sub mods".
    We all respect that desision of his....That is the way it is.

Blog Entries

'Proper asking' is a bit difficult in this case as I mentioned: there is no detail about the TGC work in the credits of Broken Crescent other then a general credit. And he did not manage to get hold of someone from BC to tell him that the model he was looking for was from TGC.

In an ideal modder world the author of a mod is always available so a request can be handled properly. Reality is that the older mods are the rarer it is to get a response for permissions.

So - will you give permission if you get a formal request from him? After all he willingly agreed to remove any TGC material that he may have planned to use.
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 31, 2022 at 02:49 AM.

Yes if we will have a formal request. In the Permisions Policy thread of ours we set up the requirments.

Blog Entries

Thank you, hopefully you will hear from Curt soon.

I have already addressed the shield textures so its all good. Elvasat's Shield Textures Pack

I'll make sure and give him credit with next update.

Great never forget the CREDITS. Once you will go deeper to modding you will realise that your creations are like your children...That is the purpose pf CREDITS, a modder that feels that his efforts acnowleged by others. On the future we may co-work together and you may have material of ours too (read again your PMs). But each step you make , make sure that you do not make someone unhappy.

I'm looking forward for this faction, seems interesting

Thanks umbracatervae777 hope you had a chance to play it. and found it enjoyable.