Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Early versions data screenshots. Feel free to post your own.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Early versions data screenshots. Feel free to post your own.

Adding the new Islamic units in game i was in a temptation to start a new campaign. I have a lot of CTDs durring the first 120 turns but sinse then all go smoothly , events, wars etc.
    Abbasids gave me a lot of defeats. Lombards are harder to defeat though.
    In this period Abbasids were quite untill they sent a new army to check the Tarsos armies reflexes. I have chosen the one with the less expiriense to engage inorder to use the two better armies if a bigger threat apears.
    Abbasids use alot of swordmen and that puts my speamen lines under huge preasure. But i have my cavalry to turn the tide of the battles.
    Abbasids saw this:

They fell to see the cavalry ranks and made a furius assault in my infantry line. Romans use infantry for defence mainly. Cvalry is what deterins the victory or defeat.
    After the hold of my infantry line the cavalry counter attack broke Abbasids morale and since that momment this became a hunting field!

What i still like in this game is the natural animation movements of the models of all kinds!
    Last i saw this guy.

The way he looks the retreating Abbasids make you wonder what he migh think. itty for those that running for their lives? Relief for the victory that is close enough?
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; May 27, 2022 at 09:32 AM.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Default Re: Early versions data screenshots. Feel free to post your own.

Another great defeat. Hunting down the Usurperd Heir and his expirient army i "closed" him on a hill. Great mistake!
    He took advandage of the high ground and my army fled in a very short time!

For a reason unknow to me he joined the Imperial ranks after 2 turns!!!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Just before the clash of warriors.

Players that will play Romans (Byzantines) will soon realise that they have a huge disadvandage , the lack of a pure melee combat unit...They must wait to have access to mercenaries for that.
    Also some asked me why i made such detailed strat_map models of settlements.

Because i play the game in FHD 40' TV!

This old Lithovolos can smash all walls!

Awesome pictures Antonius!

I play Med2 in 4k, so the high resolution really makes it look like a brand new game

Normans -as i preticted - declaired war on me.
    They besieged a city of mine with two full stack armies. The 1st one had the less expirient soldiers and with a superiority 2.5 /1 i won quite easily.
    Then -with my most expirient units under heavy loses from the 1st battle- i turned to confront the 2nd one ! Big mistake!They have too many heavy cavalry and heavy infantry.
    They opened the battle quite predictable:

And then th elaunched a full scale assault to my line of defnce that most soldiers had no battle expirient!

Roman medium cavalry is no match to Norman knights and flanks colapsed and the formation was overruned!

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

excellent looking anton.when u ll load new version of the mod?

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Excellent screens my friend, I am looking forward to combating the Norman. It just seems the Roman thing to do

In my experience i would argue that the emergent factions should be a bit stronger.

The Normans had good armies, but when they arrive you probably have enough armies that can hold them quite easily, even if you lose a few battles. I played very historically, not over-expanding, but there was never a real threat of the Normans conquering South Italy from me.

Also the Fatimids expended a bit, but they never became really strong. They never reached Egypt and i never had any battles with them in the East.

Did you address the AI rebellions? In my Roman campaign for example Bulgaria was destroyed by rebellions before they could be any serious challenge to me, which made me quite sad, i really wanted some great wars with them

Quote Originally Posted by karaislam View Post
    excellent looking anton.when u ll load new version of the mod?
    Soon as long as all Islamic units wil be ready. No left overs again. Units, Portraits, UI cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    Excellent screens my friend, I am looking forward to combating the Norman. It just seems the Roman thing to do
    Normans are quite hard to win .
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis88 View Post
    In my experience i would argue that the emergent factions should be a bit stronger.

The Normans had good armies, but when they arrive you probably have enough armies that can hold them quite easily, even if you lose a few battles. I played very historically, not over-expanding, but there was never a real threat of the Normans conquering South Italy from me.

Also the Fatimids expended a bit, but they never became really strong. They never reached Egypt and i never had any battles with them in the East.

Did you address the AI rebellions? In my Roman campaign for example Bulgaria was destroyed by rebellions before they could be any serious challenge to me, which made me quite sad, i really wanted some great wars with them
    It depends.
    In a previus campaign test Bulgarians crashed all rebelions quite easy. Also if they lose some battles with Romans they tent to expand north.
    Fatimids in my curent campaigh were defeated because i finaced Achabids after i took Sicely from them.But in previus campaigns they were expanding even eastern to Tulunids areas.
    Normans had a summary of 8 armies (i needed a spy to realise the actuall number of them despite the fact i frequently build watching towers).
    In the future Kometopouloi rebalion will be a dynasty change that -of player will agree with it ) it will triger a Bulgarian civil war (like it did in reality. But accepting Kometopoyloi dynasty player will have Samouil and his brother (exelent generals both).
    About Normans..They landed in south Italy but they were in war with Achabids, so they turned to Sicely. When they "saw" that entire sicely was mine they started a war with me. so far one victory and 2 defeats.

Though not entirely accureate, perhaps the Fatimids need armies spawned in Aigytos. The Fatimid presence in Aigytos is just too important historically to allow the AI to ruin it

Quote Originally Posted by Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    Though not entirely accureate, perhaps the Fatimids need armies spawned in Aigytos. The Fatimid presence in Aigytos is just too important historically to allow the AI to ruin it
    We will fix that too.

Romans-Mormans 1-4

I'm almost tempted to ask you for a copy of your save game

Normans elliminated. Luckily because of teh previus wars with Achlabids all Sicely cities were full of soldiers.
    Attack by attack and defeat by defeat , I had the abillity to raise new armies . Normans depited their small loses they could not replesnish them since they had no settlement under control.
    I loast 12 battles and 8 ganerals but Normans are our of the screen. Now HRE invaded Magna Grecia!

What are the triggers for the HRE to appear? They never did in my game

Otto; time and the Magyars if I'm not mistaken, though it has been ages

Άνθρωοι ποΰ βάσίλέως
    Just one image I remembered to take, I will try and remember to take more next time.

The year begins with Arab coastal raids, especially around the Peloponnese the Vasileos sent the stategos Diioskonis to drive off the corsairs with some success.
    Meanwhile; in the region of the Haemous, near Philippoupolis a local insurrection has turned into a war between Rhomania and Bulgarian Tzar.
    (pictures on the way )

Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; June 06, 2022 at 03:54 AM.

What I like i TGC is the often battles with diffrent light or often night battles in such extend that I haven't seen in an other mod all the years I play this game.I am not sure if this is random or result of XAI 4.1 i use but its defently gives another flavor in game. Germans prefer to confront me in nights or in late evening.
    That was such a battle.:

On the other side my general waits but nottice why i play this mod on the ground. Because we added do much detail on it. Nottice the graved Lion of general's shoulder armor:

Imagnine how the EMPEROR's armor will look like!

The Germanic Horde (we hope we will fix that issue) was huge. Douzens of small armies plus 8-10 full ones. By the time Germans lost their last stranghold and they could not replanish their loses.
    I has a number of night attacks in small armies with minimum loses plus my diplomat bribed few of them. In the end 10 armies spoted soouth of Ancona with the 3 bigest ones to gather all German characters 6 in total. It was the time to"cut the sepreant's head"aka King Otto . My army had also 3 generals in its ranks but i had no time to retrain the units from the previus battles loses. So I attacked directly to King Otto and for his help 2 armies with the rest of his nobillity arrived to help him.
    And so the "Battle of the 9 generals" bigan!

I advanced forward to show that i chase the 1st Gewrmanic army in their fake retreat. But this time i kept the best of the anti-cavalry units in reserve. When all 3 Germanic armoes apeared they launched full scale attack with their general to give their example. The preasure begane in my left wing so i move the right wing reserves to the left ...
    One by one the German Generals fell by the spears of Menaulati and the axes of Italian Militias that have AP abillity!
    Last fell King Otto then it became a slauter!
    The Roman generals.

The one in the middle was in charge. Exelent tactician but worst governor!

The last one is a dormer German general that bribed. I wonder how he felt hiding his face from his fellow country men with the chain hood.
    Withour leading all the rest armies became rebel.

Serbia was a trusted ally for 552 turns. Then when Serbs saw my dificulties in italy they declared war on me. In Lighting attck I took Kattaro from them and gave them money to stop the war.
    But the Empire never forgets who is betraying it...My only fear is the huge Croatia next to me!
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; June 07, 2022 at 04:54 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast