Thread: The Synhendrion ton Hellenon disappeared from my building options

Default The Synhendrion ton Hellenon disappeared from my building options

I'm playing a KH campaign for the first time, having a lot of fun with this faction.

I just reached the time for the first reform, to build the Synhendrion ton Hellenon. I clicked to add it to the queue in two different cities, but then removed it from the queue, wanting a little time to think about where to build it. But then it disappeared from being available from my building queues altogether! I have checked all my cities, nope, not there. I waited many turns, but it never appeared again. However, after a while the Symmachikon Koinon started to become available in all of my settlements, except Dardanion. And my faction leader has now become a Strategos instead of a Hegemon, i.e the faction leader title after that first reform.

What happened here? Can I start to build Symmachikon Koinon even though I don't own any Synhendrion ton Hellenon, or will it negatively affect my gameplay further down the line? Is there any way to get the Synhendrion ton Hellenon available again?

Another thing, in Dardanion I built a Strategia as the Polis en Symmachia kai Philia was not available there. If I destroy the Strategia, will I then be able to build a Symmachikon Koinon there? I'm not sure what counts as a minor Hellenistic polis, around 35% of the culture there now is Hellenistic, and even at the game start there a significant Hellenistic minority culture in that settlement.

Default Re: The Synhendrion ton Hellenon disappeared from my building options

If you queue up a scripted building, never unqueue it. The script takes your building point away from you and when you unqueue it you don't get that point back. Eventually, turns later, there is a fall-back script that continues you to the next building anyway which is what I suspect happened to you. It shouldn't negatively affect your campaign because your best governments come from the later levels of the script anyway. The only problem is you might need to wait for the fall-back scripts to fire instead of being able to do things yourself. Takes longer but it will get you the same results.

As to your Minor hellenistic polis, it is its own building in the colonization chain. Athens starts with a polis 3, Sparta with a polis 2. I would recommend you look at the campaign guide on one of the pinned threads and the colony page for the KH. If I remember right, KH can't build any new minor hellenistic polis buildings because their "time of colonization was over by this time period" or some such silliness. If Dardanion has no hellenistic polis building to start with, you can only get the Strategia/Epimeleteia epi Laous in that city.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Yeah, that's the one building that you should never, ever, ever remove from the queue once you've added it. It never reappears and you have to wait a gazillion years just for the fallback trigger for the reforms. I guess in future campaigns you'll keep that in mind, but hopefully you can rely on a recent previously saved game? I usually keep multiple save point backups just in case anything goes wrong with the game like technical CTD bug issues.

Quote Originally Posted by King Shoshon View Post
    If I remember right, KH can't build any new minor hellenistic polis buildings because their "time of colonization was over by this time period" or some such silliness. If Dardanion has no hellenistic polis building to start with, you can only get the Strategia/Epimeleteia epi Laous in that city.
    The KH governments are deliberately designed to take this into account, which is why the kh6 is so generous in the recruitment it offers in places like Dardanion.

It's not hard to mod your own game to allow them to build their own polis', but if you do that you also need to adjust the kh1 and kh6 accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    The KH governments are deliberately designed to take this into account, which is why the kh6 is so generous in the recruitment it offers in places like Dardanion.

It's not hard to mod your own game to allow them to build their own polis', but if you do that you also need to adjust the kh1 and kh6 accordingly.
    It's not and I have. I'm not criticizing the decision as it makes the KH have a few different goals than the other Greek factions which is fun. I just don't think the Greeks would ever stop colonizing as long as there is an open stretch of the Mediterranean coastline. Or semi-occupied stretch.

Thank you for the answers. I did not have a save game back-up, but continued anyways. I was not far away from the year 243 BCE, when the trigger applies anyways.

Will this affect further reform triggers in this campaign?
    Last edited by Calypze; May 28, 2022 at 03:58 PM.