Thread: Do minor bonuses in specific regions affect the entire province?

Icon5 Do minor bonuses in specific regions affect the entire province?

Those minor bonuses that specific regions have (industrial potential, farming potential, etc), are they effective for the entire province or just for building in that specific region? Arretium for example, has a -5% income from industry, and so all the industry buildings in the province suffer this penalty or just the buildings in Arretium?

Default Re: Do minor bonuses in specific regions affect the entire province?

Right, so I did some tests of my own and I'm 99% certain that they only apply to their own region, and not the whole province. I say 99% because I could have done something wrong, but I don't think I did. I compared two industry buildings in 2 different regions in the same province (with the 2 regions having a difference of 2% in industry potential) and then checked the bonuses that the income of the buildings got, in the province details screen. And guess what, one had a bonus of 23% and the other 21%, so I guess that is it.

This is my first ever thread in this forum so I don't know if I should delete it now that I found the answer. Guess I'll leave it here if anyone else has the same question.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

thanks for the report, this was known but practical confirmations are always welcomed

Quote Originally Posted by xX908Xx View Post
    Right, so I did some tests of my own and I'm 99% certain that they only apply to their own region, and not the whole province. I say 99% because I could have done something wrong, but I don't think I did. I compared two industry buildings in 2 different regions in the same province (with the 2 regions having a difference of 2% in industry potential) and then checked the bonuses that the income of the buildings got, in the province details screen. And guess what, one had a bonus of 23% and the other 21%, so I guess that is it.

This is my first ever thread in this forum so I don't know if I should delete it now that I found the answer. Guess I'll leave it here if anyone else has the same question.
    I have noticed that too, but thought it was a game's feature.