Thread: Hayastan reform question

Icon5 Hayastan reform question

After finished the condition of imperial seat, I want place it in Sardis, and wait a few of turns for it.but after6-7turns the limit of government is gone. Hayastan loss the seat of empire forever, eventhough I completed the condition again.

Default Re: hayastan question

Hey, sorry to hear that. Could you describe more in detail why the building option disappeared? Was it available for some time before disappearing? Did you cancel the building at one point? Anything helps. Meanwhile, there is no way to regain the ability to build the Imperial Seat UNLESS you modify the mod code. Here's what you have to do
    1. Locate on your computer where you installed Europa Barbarorum II
    2. Find data/export_descr_buildings.txt and make a copy of it, and store it somewhere safe. You want this backup version in case the modification goes wrong
    3. Open the mod's export_descr_buildings.txt and Ctrl+F (use the search function) to quickly locate this code line
    Code:
    hay_imperial city requires factions { f_hayasdan, } and not building_present govallied and region_religion rel_c 30 and event_counter ecHayasdanImperial 1 and event_counter ecHaySecondCapital 1 and hidden_resource caucasus or hidden_resource eastern or hidden_resource anatolian
    Do you see the red highlighted code? That one forces you to be able to build the Imperial Seat only when the size restriction is obeyed.
    4. You need to delete the red underlined code and then save the file. The result should look like
    Code:
    hay_imperial city requires factions { f_hayasdan, } and not building_present govallied and region_religion rel_c 30 and event_counter ecHayasdanImperial 1 and hidden_resource caucasus or hidden_resource eastern or hidden_resource anatolian
    5. Once you load your campaign, the Imperial Seat should be available in ALL cities formerly under the Persian Empire. You can now build it without worrying about restrictions.

It sounds like you're pretty deep into your Hayastan campaign, so it would be a shame to restart it due to a scripting limitation. This modification will salvage your campaign, but it would give you too much power since the Imperial Seat gives very good recruitment, as well as ruin the immersion since the Imperial Seat is not supposed to be built everywhere. If you want to make this building more restrictive, you can replace that same code line
    Code:
    hay_imperial city requires factions { f_hayasdan, } and not building_present govallied and region_religion rel_c 30 and event_counter ecHayasdanImperial 1 and event_counter ecHaySecondCapital 1 and hidden_resource caucasus or hidden_resource eastern or hidden_resource anatolian
    with
    Code:
    hay_imperial city requires factions { f_hayasdan, } and not building_present govallied and region_religion rel_c 45 and event_counter ecHayasdanImperial 1 and hidden_resource caucasus or hidden_resource eastern or hidden_resource anatolian
    or
    Code:
    hay_imperial city requires factions { f_hayasdan, } and not building_present govallied and region_religion rel_c 30 and event_counter ecHayasdanImperial 1 and hidden_resource royal_core and hidden_resource caucasus or hidden_resource eastern or hidden_resource anatolian
    You can choose which restriction makes more sense to you. The first one requires that you reach 45% Eastern Imperial culture, which is achieved by building a level 2 foreign military colony and waiting for the culture to convert. The second one restricts the Imperial Seat to any "royal_core" province. Basically, provinces that were significant individual kingdoms at some point in the past or present. These provinces are:

Nikaia
    Sardis
    Pergamon
    Antiochea
    Kutatsi
    Msteilika
    Kabalaka
    Shamusat
    Arbela
    Sousa
    Seleukia
    Persepolis
    Ekbatana

Again, do whatever you want to do to salvage your campaign

Default Re: hayastan question

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    Hey, sorry to hear that. Could you describe more in detail why the building option disappeared? Was it available for some time before disappearing? Did you cancel the building at one point? Anything helps. Meanwhile, there is no way to regain the ability to build the Imperial Seat UNLESS you modify the mod code. Here's what you have to do
    1. Locate on your computer where you installed Europa Barbarorum II
    2. Find data/export_descr_buildings.txt and make a copy of it, and store it somewhere safe. You want this backup version in case the modification goes wrong
    3. Open the mod's export_descr_buildings.txt and Ctrl+F (use the search function) to quickly locate this code line
    Code:
    Do you see the red highlighted code? That one forces you to be able to build the Imperial Seat only when the size restriction is obeyed.
    4. You need to delete the red underlined code and then save the file. The result should look like
    Code:
    hay_imperial city requires factions { f_hayasdan, } and not building_present govallied and region_religion rel_c 30 and event_counter ecHayasdanImperial 1 and hidden_resource caucasus or hidden_resource eastern or hidden_resource anatolian
    5. Once you load your campaign, the Imperial Seat should be available in ALL cities formerly under the Persian Empire. You can now build it without worrying about restrictions.

It sounds like you're pretty deep into your Hayastan campaign, so it would be a shame to restart it due to a scripting limitation. This modification will salvage your campaign, but it would give you too much power since the Imperial Seat gives very good recruitment, as well as ruin the immersion since the Imperial Seat is not supposed to be built everywhere. If you want to make this building more restrictive, you can replace that same code line
    Code:
    with
    Code:
    hay_imperial city requires factions { f_hayasdan, } and not building_present govallied and region_religion rel_c 45 and event_counter ecHayasdanImperial 1 and hidden_resource caucasus or hidden_resource eastern or hidden_resource anatolian
    or
    Code:
    hay_imperial city requires factions { f_hayasdan, } and not building_present govallied and region_religion rel_c 30 and event_counter ecHayasdanImperial 1 and hidden_resource royal_core and hidden_resource caucasus or hidden_resource eastern or hidden_resource anatolian
    You can choose which restriction makes more sense to you. The first one requires that you reach 45% Eastern Imperial culture, which is achieved by building a level 2 foreign military colony and waiting for the culture to convert. The second one restricts the Imperial Seat to any "royal_core" province. Basically, provinces that were significant individual kingdoms at some point in the past or present. These provinces are:

Nikaia
    Sardis
    Pergamon
    Antiochea
    Kutatsi
    Msteilika
    Kabalaka
    Shamusat
    Arbela
    Sousa
    Seleukia
    Persepolis
    Ekbatana

Again, do whatever you want to do to salvage your campaign
    No,I never cencer the building.I once had a hayastan campaign in EB 2.3, and I cancer the building and lost it. I don't make the same mistake.

When I get the government limit, I reserve it for a few of turns, for wait the culture transform, at this moment, the King is dead, it's disappeared.

Default Re: Hayastan reform question

Thank you for the info. You get a single Imperial Seat option for fulfilling each one of these conditions:

At least 15 regions and at least 6 Authority
    At least 21 regions
    At least 8 Authority

It's possible that you have an empire of less than 21 regions, and when your King died, the new King had low enough authority that you fulfill none of these conditions. This caused the script to prevent you from building the Imperial Seat altogether, which actually does count as "canceling" your building. This means that although everything is working as expected, your Imperial Seat point is lost forever. If you want to salvage your Imperial Seat, please follow the steps I outlined and let me know if it works

Thank you for the info. You get a single Imperial Seat option for fulfilling each one of these conditions:

At least 15 regions and at least 6 Authority
    At least 21 regions
    At least 8 Authority

It's possible that you have an empire of less than 21 regions, and when your King died, the new King had low enough authority that you fulfill none of these conditions. This caused the script to prevent you from building the Imperial Seat altogether, which actually does count as "canceling" your building. This means that although everything is working as expected, your Imperial Seat point is lost forever. If you want to salvage your Imperial Seat, please follow the steps I outlined and let me know if it works
    No,I finished all condition
    I modify the code with method you provided, whenever load the game it is CTD.Archive is not corrupted

Any changes to the campaign script will require a new campiagn to come into effect.
    To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    - Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by naoekanetugu View Post
    No,I finished all condition
    I modify the code with method you provided, whenever load the game it is CTD.Archive is not corrupted
    Could you show what your modified line looks like? You'll have to search for

Code:
    hay_imperial city requires factions
    and copy and paste the entire line for me to see where to fix

Code:
    I guarantee I just deleted red underlined code with your method.And realm56 think if script is changed, it need work in a new campaign.

Code:
    I guarantee I just deleted red underlined code with your method.And realm56 think if script is changed, it need work in a new campaign.