Thread: How to start a hotseat campaign help?

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Primicerius

Default How to start a hotseat campaign help?

Hello Comrades I was about to start a new fresh hotseat campaign, but alas there is no option in the menu
    Would any of you happen to know how to get around this please? Thank kindly

Gigantus's Avatar I don't get worked up over people anymore: they get a post-it with 'ridiculous' on their forehead and that's it.
    Patrician Citizen Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: How to start a hotseat campaign help?

You require a set of menu graphics and some CFG file settings. Both of which you can find in my Bare Geomod setup and copy over into TGC.

Simply check which of BG's graphics (data\menu - ignore 'texture' sub directory) are not present in TGC and copy them over.
    Then in the CFG file replace TGC's [multiplayer] and [hotseat] section with BG's

You should now be fine to get into hotseat mode.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Primicerius

Thanks very much Gigantus you the man

Gigantus's Avatar I don't get worked up over people anymore: they get a post-it with 'ridiculous' on their forehead and that's it.

Blog Entries

Hi Gigantus,
    I tried to follow your instructions to get the hotseat campaign for the mod.
    It works with the multiplayer menu but when i want to start the hotseat campaing i have a pop up message saying that i should only play with one nation and it prevent me to play.
    Do you know how to solve this issue ?
    Thank you.

Blog Entries

The pop up happens after you start the campaign? If so then the mod you are playing is already set up in hotseat mode (but is supposed to be single player) and hence has a script section that disables the game.

You will need to trace that section. If you upload the campaign script I can have a look at it.

Hi Gigantus,
    Thank you for your quick answer. Yes i had the problem after i start the campaign. You were right, i deleted the Choose only one faction script in the campaing scrip and i can now play the hotseat campaign.
    Thank you for your help and thank you for your work for the community on all the other mods, it is very much appreciated.

Blog Entries