Thread: Lithuania shrine/temple questions

Default Lithuania shrine/temple questions

So I never bothered with the Teutonic part of Kingdoms and never paid much attention to Lithuania in general, but having started a SS campaign and playing through and doing a bit of research on it, a couple questions.

Shrines/temples...public order is nice but so is health bonuses. Is there a recommended x:y:z ratio of shrines or does it largely come down to personal preference and playstyle? Personally I'd rather build shrines to Perkunas because I like healthy, growing settlements, but I'd also rather have the Giltine's Chosen and Dievas's Guard, so is it better to 'sacrifice' a few cities to get them, or just demolish Perkunas shrines once a city reaches the right development level and replace with one of the other two?

And units...I know each temple gives a unique unit, but the vanilla game had a few extra units available through each temple that didn't seem to make it into SS. Were these cut for balance reasons and replaced with the Lithuanian Regular units, or was it due to unit slot limitations in the game code?

Default Re: Lithuania shrine/temple questions

I always build Perkunas in Castles, because you can't lower taxes in them to boost the growth rate. Dievas is more desirable in Cities for the powerful Dievas' Guard, but also more expensive, and you can't recruit out of them until your cities grow a bunch anyway. I'd pick Giltine for the public order bonus if you prefer raising taxes as high as possible.