Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: The Islamic dilemma.

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: The Islamic dilemma.

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Jesus didn't have the power to stop the sacrifice?
    PointOfViewGun,

Oh He had the power all right but like any good son He was One with the Father in all Godly ways as are Fether, Son and Holy Spirit, the One Being with Three distinct Personalities.

conon394,

Luke 4:1-14 is all about Satan trying to get Jesus to disobey His Father which failed why? Satan knew what the purpose of the cross was and if he could derail it in any way that was his object, why? Because the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ would be his deathknell.

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    PointOfViewGun,

Oh He had the power all right but like any good son He was One with the Father in all Godly ways as are Fether, Son and Holy Spirit, the One Being with Three distinct Personalities.
    That brings us back to the fact that Jesus had control over his crucifixion. That fact nullifies the sacrifice aspect. It was his choice to let it happen. It didn't cost him anything as he had the power to get his worldly presence at any point in time.
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

"We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

PointOfViewGun,

conon394,

Luke 4:1-14 is all about Satan trying to get Jesus to disobey His Father which failed why? Satan knew what the purpose of the cross was and if he could derail it in any way that was his object, why? Because the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ would be his deathknell.
    I realize why the story exists but by your way of thinking per #98 it is a pointless. There was no temptation if the event was for ordained, in fact there was no sacrifice. Jesus is just god's automaton
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

That brings us back to the fact that Jesus had control over his crucifixion. That fact nullifies the sacrifice aspect. It was his choice to let it happen. It didn't cost him anything as he had the power to get his worldly presence at any point in time.
    PointOfViewGun,

In trying to make your point you're admitting that Jesus is God so we must be getting somewhere at long last. He became a sinful man in my place on the cross meaning that whatever He suffered was for me, the punishment I deserve for my sin and did so for all that the Father by Grace had elected to be saved. So, in those hours on the cross He bore what I was due as well as the others of the elect. Those therefore that don't believe in His atonement will suffer much much more and not for a few hours of horror, rather an eternity of wrath for which there is no mercy. Therefore once again, how does a Muslim get saved from his sin?

PointOfViewGun,

In trying to make your point you're admitting that Jesus is God so we must be getting somewhere at long last. He became a sinful man in my place on the cross meaning that whatever He suffered was for me, the punishment I deserve for my sin and did so for all that the Father by Grace had elected to be saved. So, in those hours on the cross He bore what I was due as well as the others of the elect. Those therefore that don't believe in His atonement will suffer much much more and not for a few hours of horror, rather an eternity of wrath for which there is no mercy. Therefore once again, how does a Muslim get saved from his sin?
    Saying that I'm admitting Jesus is God is a straw man argument that is simply not true. You are continuing to not address what is pointed at you. Repeating the same question that has been answered multiple times in this thread alone doesn't add much. Is faith in Jesus as God so weak that it can not be defended? I do understand the hardship of it. Yet, you are free to acknowledge the illogicality of what you're suggesting.
    The Armenian Issue

PointOfViewGun,

That Jesus Christ is God was written of by the prophets and His disciples and believed by me because He alone turned my life around just as is written about them. He is going to be your Judge when He comes back and so Who else could be your Judge if He was not God? So, again I ask you how is it that someone who believes otherwise can be saved ?

PointOfViewGun,

That Jesus Christ is God was written of by the prophets and His disciples and believed by me because He alone turned my life around just as is written about them. He is going to be your Judge when He comes back and so Who else could be your Judge if He was not God? So, again I ask you how is it that someone who believes otherwise can be saved ?
    Should I take your refusal to acknowledge simple facts about Jesus' "sacrifice" as a proof of its lack of merit? This is such a fundamental issue yet you are running away from it.
    The Armenian Issue

Should I take your refusal to acknowledge simple facts about Jesus' "sacrifice" as a proof of its lack of merit? This is such a fundamental issue yet you are running away from it.
    PointOfViewGun,

What are these facts that you dispute? I can assure you I am not running away from anything concerning Jesus Christ.

PointOfViewGun,

What are these facts that you dispute? I can assure you I am not running away from anything concerning Jesus Christ.
    Aaaaaand we're back to post #102...
    The Armenian Issue

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456