Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Islam and Christianity's views on Jesus Christ and salvation.

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Islam and Christianity's views on Jesus Christ and salvation.

Axalon,

So, if the Gospel tells us all that it contains the power of God unto salvation and it does, don't hang around, grab a Bible and get reading.

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Default Re: The Islamic dilemma.

You are missing the point here guys...

What would you do if you have too face the Islamic dilemma? Just imagine if you have invested some 10,12 or even 15 years into Islam, studying the Koran(s), possibly even learnt some arabic and so forth. Then suddenly one day, you end up discovering the Islamic dilemma and you can not escape it. What would you do? How does one deal with that circumstance? Can one really continue to ride "the Islamic train" after it? Or is it "apostasy, here I come!" all the way? Well, what do you think? What would you do?

- A
    --------------------
    (yes, David Wood, is brilliant at what he does, I agree)

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

• How does one deal with this absurd circumstance in Islam?
    • What would you do, facing this dilemma?
    Not worry to much since the first two books are filled with contradictions or parables/stories that contradict reality... so if you are a believer why worry about more?
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

If the Torah is the Law how does a Muslim get into paradise? The reason I ask this is because no man has ever kept it other than the God/man Jesus Christ and on Whom is the Gate to Heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    If the Torah is the Law how does a Muslim get into paradise? The reason I ask this is because no man has ever kept it other than the God/man Jesus Christ and on Whom is the Gate to Heaven.
    What do you exactly mean by "if the Torah is the Law"?
    The Armenian Issue

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

I assume he means if don't follow Paul's alterations than you have to default to just the OT. But if Paul can alter the law seems like alter changes are possible.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

They literally must be thinking when someone says god's words can not be altered they somehow mean that if you try to print or say something different you will be hit with a lightning...
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    PointOfViewGun,

I take it that you know the Law is what Moses brought down from the mountain known as the Ten Commandments so, since only Jesus ever fulfilled them how does a Muslim get into heaven? As Jesus is the One Who will come to judge all things how is He only a prophet when He Himself said that He is God? So, once more how does a Muslim get into heaven?

PointOfViewGun,

I take it that you know the Law is what Moses brought down from the mountain known as the Ten Commandments so, since only Jesus ever fulfilled them how does a Muslim get into heaven? As Jesus is the One Who will come to judge all things how is He only a prophet when He Himself said that He is God? So, once more how does a Muslim get into heaven?
    Do you understand the logic jumps you are utilizing there in your statements?
    The Armenian Issue

Do you understand the logic jumps you are utilizing there in your statements?
    PointOfViewGun,

How then logically does a Muslim get into heaven?

PointOfViewGun,

How then logically does a Muslim get into heaven?
    By having faith and being a good person.
    The Armenian Issue

PointOfViewGun,

Having faith in what though? Your prophet Jesus Who is my God and Saviour said that, " Only God is good." Therefore being a Prophet of God as well as being God how can His words be untrue? Before He said those words which were in answer to someone calling Him good He first said, " Why do you call Me good?" and then, " Only God is good." was in his manner also asking that person, " Do you believe then that I AM God?" Of course the man couldn't answer, why? Because he didn't have the faith to know and believe Who Jesus was. That Faith is God given and only God given.

PointOfViewGun,

Having faith in what though? Your prophet Jesus Who is my God and Saviour said that, " Only God is good." Therefore being a Prophet of God as well as being God how can His words be untrue? Before He said those words which were in answer to someone calling Him good He first said, " Why do you call Me good?" and then, " Only God is good." was in his manner also asking that person, " Do you believe then that I AM God?" Of course the man couldn't answer, why? Because he didn't have the faith to know and believe Who Jesus was. That Faith is God given and only God given.
    Once again, you are introducing a bunch of logic jumps. What you say has no coherent train of thought. It's a series of assertions held by your own assumptions. It's completely moot.
    The Armenian Issue

PointOfViewGun,

No, I am telling you what is written about saving Faith. If sin is punishable by death and we are all sinners how does a Muslim enter heaven if he or she dies in their sin? You see your problem is that you hope that God will have mercy on you at death whereas what is written tells us that that mercy must be applied before death and that through Jesus Christ.

PointOfViewGun,

No, I am telling you what is written about saving Faith. If sin is punishable by death and we are all sinners how does a Muslim enter heaven if he or she dies in their sin? You see your problem is that you hope that God will have mercy on you at death whereas what is written tells us that that mercy must be applied before death and that through Jesus Christ.
    Whats written for you is not written for everybody. You rely on the concept of Original Sin which is primarily a Christian concept. It's a self contradictory concept.
    The Armenian Issue

Praeses

Whats written for you is not written for everybody. You rely on the concept of Original Sin which is primarily a Christian concept. It's a self contradictory concept.
    The word sin does not appear in the narrative of the Eden story, but it seems to be a part of Paul's teaching, so while its not scripture, its "second generation" Christian doctrine.

Likewise the notion of the trinity is a much later development and only theological gymnastics delivers hints of trinitarian thought in the Bible.

There's a serious question as to whether the NT is scripture. One of the letters mentions "all scripture is inspired", but it is a work of dubious authorship, and in any case the scripture is speaks of has been known to the recipient since they were a child so it cannot be any of the New Testament. The Christian assertion that the new Testament is Scripture is not supported by the New Testament itself.

I think OP does not present a "gotcha" at all, as it projects into the Torah doctrines not at all apparent unless you begin with the premise that protestant theology and edited scripture, as currently glossed, is The Truth. So I appreciate belief in Islam might be paradoxical for a Christian, but its hardly so for a Muslim.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

PointOfViewGun,

Well ole fella, sin must have had an origin somewhere else mankind wouldn't do it, so where did it come from? Why are you on your knees so many times a day if you were not a sinner?

PointOfViewGun,

Well ole fella, sin must have had an origin somewhere else mankind wouldn't do it, so where did it come from? Why are you on your knees so many times a day if you were not a sinner?
    See? The logic jump. Somehow sin must come from somewhere. A logic jump you're utilizing to make sense of the original sin concept. Muslims do not pray 5 times a day to ask for forgiveness for sins they had no part in making.
    The Armenian Issue

See? The logic jump. Somehow sin must come from somewhere. A logic jump you're utilizing to make sense of the original sin concept. Muslims do not pray 5 times a day to ask for forgiveness for sins they had no part in making.
    PointOfViewGun,

Then why do they pray at all?

PointOfViewGun,

Then why do they pray at all?
    Why would you think people would only pray to save their ass? It baffles me that you ask that question.
    The Armenian Issue

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast