Thread: Medieval Total war 2 , Unlimited Men on Battlefield Freezes / Crash when change

Icon1 Medieval Total war 2 , Unlimited Men on Battlefield Freezes / Crash when change

Hi Guys!

I know its an old game, but I feel like playing Medieval Total war 2 now since I know my computer can handle it now even if there are a lot of Units on the battlefield.

My problem is that everytime I modify the preference and change the unlimited_men_on_battlefield = 1 , I indeed have a lot of army and the reinforcements are not delayed anymore, but after a few minutes playing it always freezes and nothing happens anymore. no error message or so.

not sure what is the problem though, I tried 2 different computers but the freeze always happen when there are too many armies.

I'm sure my pc can handle it I have:

i5 11600k
    3060 ti
    32gb ram
    700w PSU

can someone help me fixing this? I want to enjoy the war with a lot of units.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Medieval Total war 2 , Unlimited Men on Battlefield Freezes / Crash when change

The game only uses 2GB RAM by default and uses only the first core of your processor.

The first can be increased by another 2GB following this instruction.
    The second can be improved by closing unnecessary running third party programs.

Default Re: Medieval Total war 2 , Unlimited Men on Battlefield Freezes / Crash when change

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    The game only uses 2GB RAM by default and uses only the first core of your processor.

Thank you! I will try this

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post

Unfortunately, after patching the medieval total war 2, the application does not run anymore. It seems to be not compatible for this app.

Do we have any other option?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

That is curious, never heard of a n issue like that, unless you have the Mac version** - which file did you apply the patch to? It should have been only to the executable file(s) in the root of the game.

The executable in the Mac version is already 64bit and does not require this 'patch'.

The patcher creates a backup of the original executable file so you should not have an issue to reverse the changes.

I have tried Medieval Total war 2 and It's still very addictive.