Thread: a humble apeal for help

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default a humble apeal for help

Originaly posted in EBII in TW.Org but i recieved this answer:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    I am afraid that this particular forum is practically dead. You could try ask over at the EB2 forums of the TWC: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...-Barbarorum-II
    The original request was this:

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    I am AnthoniusII the mind behind the TGC mod , and i CAME HERE to ask your team a favor. You have done many unique features in the game including IWTE battlemap settlement modifications. In our time frame Rus , Slavs and East Franks have similar settlements with what you call Gualish ones.
    See this Ottonian (10th cent )invasion in Saxon town.

We would like :
    1: If possible to "teach" us how to separate the Roman (byzantine/greek in game) culture from south_european in order to have Roman (Byzantine) Unique Battle map settlements.
    2: How to chose from each culture a town or a city to rename and place it as Permanent Stone Fort because in TGC's timeframe there were no castles.
    3: Your permision IF POSSIBLE to use settlements of your mod that visualy fit to our mod too (see Roman, and thepicture above).

In return we are willing to contribute in any way you may need (unfortunatly i make only models and MARKA Horses).

Thanks in advance . AnthoniusII.
    For many years i help people in modding. Now I apeal for help my self. Unless the prospective of this team about spreading knowlege is that knowlege must be in close sekts.
    A moderator of this mod please answer if we have some hope for help.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: a humble apeal for help

1. & 2. - IWTE stuff - ask Mak and the gang
    3. Permissions - contact QuintusSertorius

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

See this Ottonian (10th cent )invasion in Saxon town.
    I mean, yes, for a small town that makes sense, but not for a minor city and certainly not a large city given contemporary grandiose urban building projects under Charlemagne and Carolingian Europe (preceding the Ottonian dynasty). For instance, the palace of Aachen and its cathedral in Germany built under heavy Roman (including Byzantine) influence as a prime example of Carolingian-Romanesque architecture.

Anyways, best of luck with your project! I hope you find what you're looking for, although it looks like Gigantus has already lent a helping hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    I mean, yes, for a small town that makes sense, but not for a minor city and certainly not a large city given contemporary grandiose urban building projects under Charlemagne and Carolingian Europe (preceding the Ottonian dynasty). For instance, the palace of Aachen and its cathedral in Germany built under heavy Roman (including Byzantine) influence as a prime example of Carolingian-Romanesque architecture.

Anyways, best of luck with your project! I hope you find what you're looking for, although it looks like Gigantus has already lent a helping hand.
    Gigantus was always there and still is when we need him in douzens of issues. What disapoint me though are two facts:
    IWTE tool experts prefer fantacy mods
    IWTE tool experts that work on historical mods simoly do not even answer in my apeals ! Negative of positive that answer might be it never comes. With my two old tutorials and constant help in the workshop i felt that knowlege must be shared. I helpe many mods, CBUR project is not part of Stainless Steel as many think but part in almost 60 mods! The ignorance is what makes me sad. Anyone has the right to chose the mod he/she would help but atleast an answer "sorry i can not help you" does not cost anything. Instead i had answers that said "join my discord channel or you wont get any help" ... TWC in the previus 14 (from 15 i am active) was not like this. Many HUGE names in modding were always available to help anyone in need. Gigantus and a couple of others are the last of that old guard. If they will leave no mod will ever finish.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Mak and wildog are usually very helpful - and they are the creators of the IWTE tool. But there aren't many around that actually create a full settlement set, not only does it require a good knowledge of creating 3D models but also how to integrate them.

If you get permission to use the settlements you want, then these points:
    1: If possible to "teach" us how to separate the Roman (byzantine/greek in game) culture from south_european in order to have Roman (Byzantine) Unique Battle map settlements.
    2: How to chose from each culture a town or a city to rename and place it as Permanent Stone Fort because in TGC's timeframe there were no castles.
    aren't too hard to do - it's mainly just making new .worldpkgdesc which point to the correct files - getting Greek culture to use their own settlements instead of south_european just needs each faction in the culture to have it's own faction specific .worldpkgdesc

Some of the EBII settlements (I don't know which) were from De Bello Mundi & up to version 1.2 De Bello Mundi is available to use

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    If you get permission to use the settlements you want, then these points:

aren't too hard to do - it's mainly just making new .worldpkgdesc which point to the correct files - getting Greek culture to use their own settlements instead of south_european just needs each faction in the culture to have it's own faction specific .worldpkgdesc

Some of the EBII settlements (I don't know which) were from De Bello Mundi & up to version 1.2 De Bello Mundi is available to use
    DBM 's models are too small for M2TW mod based on Rome I models.
    _tartaros_ tried to do what you said with two side effects
    Large towns either are invisible or cause CTDs when a battle is loading
    Huge cities use Aztec models
    Alien_t the creator of Turnovo that BTW mod and Tsardoms mod use simply stoped moidding while he was about to make our minor changes.
    I am sorry that i can not understand complicated tools in my age. If it was in a format like CA/SEGA made to create Castles in Shogun II ,where houses, buildings , walls , towers etc would be available as models inorde to make unique cities I would not ask for help.
    Thank you anyway.
    I prefer to see TGC a custom battle ONLY mod than continue beg for help.
    This apeal is ended.
    EDIT: Can a local moderator close this thread please?
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; May 20, 2022 at 09:36 AM.