Thread: Help for Editing db tables in DeI

Default Help for Editing db tables in DeI

Hi all.
    I'm trying to make a simple mod to change cavalry charge impact in DeI. I'm aware that there's two popular ways to do it: either by changing collision_damage in kv_rules_tables or by increasing unit mass in battle_entities_tables.
    But the main problem I'm facing is that my changes don't take effect in the game. I've done some detective work and so far I've found a few weird things:

1- If I name my own tables differently (i.e. no conflicts) NO changes take effect in the game.
    2- If I don't change the names of any tables so that they completely overwrite, only some of the changes take effect while others don't ( i.e. changes made to damage in land_units_tables DO take effect ONLY if the name of the new table is the same; kv_rules_tables and battle_entities_tables don't take effect no matter the naming)

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I've looked at all of my loaded packs side by side, and I'm positive that both of those tables should be overwriting and be read by the game.
    Any help/ideas are very much appreciated.

Also here's my submod and load order just in case.

submod
    Attached Files Attached Files

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Help for Editing db tables in DeI

I've never worked on battle stuff so I wouldn't know in that regard

your pack seems fine, be sure to load it above DeI so to overwrite
    if you wanna be 100% sure, jsut put a @ before your string name
    something like @_pre_DeI_kv_rules

Default Re: Help for Editing db tables in DeI

Thanks for checking it out.
    Yeah I figured out problem number 2. I was just being a dummy and editing wrong entities (and tbh CA could use a bit of organization in their data).
    But problem number one still persists. I tested it what you suggested too. I don't know why my tables don't overwrite DeI tables if they're not the same name, maybe I should test to see if it's the same with vanilla tables as well. But I guess it's not a big deal and I sure can live with it.