Alright, first, I will explain to you what I'm trying to achieve, and afterwards, I'll explain, every single step I took to "try" and get the model to work, so that you can tell me what steps I've missed or what steps I did wrong, sounds good?

Okay, let's go.

What I want to do is turn a strat map model into a battle map model. The model that I want to use is the southern general. Now, I know that someone else has already done that, BUT I want the model to use it's original textures, so I'm afraid I have to make it myself from scratch.

Anyway, here's what I've done to try to get it to work.

-I used GOM's mesh converter to turn a mesh file into a ms3d file. (I used the one of the "crusader captain" from the Stainless Steel Mod).

-I used M2TW Modeler's Toolbox to turn the southern general CAS file into a ms3d file.

-I open the converted CAS file with Milkshape3d, and export it into an Autodesk3DS file.

-I open the converted MESH file with Milkshape3d and delete the crusader captain's model (and also it's "figure" and "attachments" entries from the materials section).

-I import the Autodesk3DS file of the southern general.

-I carefully assign every vertice to the correct bones.

-I change the comment in the group section.
1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 % 0
To:
Body
Knight

-Then I save the changes.

BUT THEN, when I go and check the model in the game, it's all ed up, EVEN THOUGH I assigned all of the vertices perfectly. I don't understand!

Please, if you have any idea what I need to do, just tell me. I would really appreciate it.