Thread: I have finally witnessed greatness...

Default I have finally witnessed greatness...

Over 1000 hrs spent on RTW 2 (and 1000 trying to make this post 3 times...) pretty much all on DEI submod since its conception. Which has always brought a tear to my eye with this masterpiece. Anyways i've tried the majority of submod's which they all in their own right are absolutely phenomenal! Thank you everyone for the hard work! But i recently decided to try a with an old mod i use to use that absolutely changed my life when it first dropped.... Realism 1.6 by Scipio. Without going too deep im in love with the Economy overhaul which i believe is based on KAM's alternate economy cannot live without that now, but also with the official dei 12 turn per year mod "if u font use this download now your welcome"... The AI is much more aggressive and your allies are much smarter with attacks and defenses and they actually for the most part or more so than before, attack your coordinated target location....

- Now during my most recent play through as Macedon "which ive done 100x" the battle for Greece was incredibly refreshing, and after i subjugated Sparta.... This is where the legend begins... After Subjugating Sparta, they built up 2 stacks and went on an onslaught to take Knossos, After taking Knossos a Spartan army.. The Sons of Rhea, Went on a Odyssey like adventure..... Leading a single stack across the Mediterranean Sea, up the Nile River, all the way to Southern Egypt where Medewi was at war with egypt "my defensive alliance," to Diospolis........ of which had been taken by the medewi Sparta came and took the city which they held for like 10 turns until the death on the battlefield, in service to Sparta was the greatest glory he could achieve in this life ~ 300 Movie They eventually fell to a horde of enemies from the Medewi accomplishing their greatest glory... Death in service of Sparta.

Thinking about a rogue spartan army going to the edge of the known world to hold an egyptian city literally seemed like a movie scene to me lol

- *Caution* Realism 1.6 hasent been updated in a long time and im sure there are some bugs... but loading the mod under the official DEI part 1/2 mod work fine for me. and im having one of the most exciting campaigns in a long time. Might need the UI mod too, but he has various other submmods to add such as roads and music mods.

-Most campaigns sparta just sits 2 stacks and never moves so when i saw them start to head to egypt than the nile i said if they really make it to diospolis i would honor them in this post......

The Mod
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1445495370

- Here are some screen shots of the Glory....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20220509154825_1.jpg   20220509155613_1.jpg   20220509160241_1.jpg  
    Last edited by gabelo01; May 11, 2022 at 08:41 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: I have finally witnessed greatness...

What other realism mode have you tried along with the official DEI Realism by Scipio? Also can you share your mod load order? I have been looking at ultra aggressive and smart AI(Dei version), have you tried this? Is there also a good battle ai mod which can make battles more challenging?

Sorry for so many questions. I am returning to playing total war after a long time so looking for a good combo of mods.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

There are no battle AI mods as you can't mod AI. What we did for AI in DeI is max you can get out of it in Rome 2.

Loading realism 1.6 under DeI means it just does not work since DeI entries simply overwrite it.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    There are no battle AI mods as you can't mod AI. What we did for AI in DeI is max you can get out of it in Rome 2.
    Thanks for the reply, I will not waste time looking for something then.

Loading realism 1.6 under DeI means it just does not work since DeI entries simply overwrite it.
    I am not very clear with mod load order. If mod A is load order = 1 then it will overwrite mode B in load order =2 or mode B will overwrite A? Is it same in attila?

@KAM
    Well, I just installed the mod and loaded it under DEI. What can I say. It works. All of a sudden it plays completely different. I can't say yet whether it's not too hard and almost unfair - but the campaign is definitely more demanding. The maintenance of the units is higher, the buildings are more expensive, research takes longer, the AI acts differently. As a Rome 2 connoisseur and mod amateur, I notice that.

Since DEI has developed further, there are certainly some stats that no longer fit - perhaps also bigger problems. I can't judge that, as I've only been playing for a few hours. But with Rome, it's an extremely tough challenge.