Thread: No Mercenaries In THERA REDUX? What Is Going On?

Bellus88's Avatar Ducenarius

Icon8 No Mercenaries In THERA REDUX? What Is Going On?

I have been playing THERA Redux as the Romans and in all the regions I have been in so far, there are no mercenaries to recruit at all. I just started the campaign and the regions you start off with there are non and neighboring regions my armies have been in, there are none. In THERA V4 there are many Mercenaries in the Roman starting regions. The mod itself says it has mercenaries so where are they?

"Regional/factional specific mercenary units recruitable in small numbers in many areas"

https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: No Mercenaries In THERA REDUX? What Is Going On?

Mercenaries take a lot of turns to show up, even in vanilla. Give it 30-40 turns and then check. And check often because they replenish very slowly and the AI may pick them up.
    Last edited by alhoon; May 09, 2022 at 01:15 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Bellus88's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: No Mercenaries In THERA REDUX? What Is Going On?

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Mercenaries take a lot of turns to show up, even in vanilla. Give it 30-40 turns and then check. And check often because they replenish very slowly and the AI may pick them up.
    That is not true, I started THERA V4 yesterday just to see if there are any starting out and there was many Mercenaries available in every single region. So after 30-40 turns Mercenaries should show up for sure in every single region for THERA REDUX?