Thread: The Add Money Cheat Doesn't Work in THERA?

Bellus88's Avatar Ducenarius

Icon4 The Add Money Cheat Doesn't Work in THERA?

add_money cheat? I tried add_money Kingdom of Avalon 99999 and I also wrote that without spaces , without caps, still won't work. Does the add money cheat not work for this mod? I wanted to add money to every faction except the one I am playing to make it harder so the AI makes more large armies.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: The Add Money Cheat Doesn't Work in THERA?

Having played Thera for many, many, many years I can confirm that it does indeed work.
    When using the 'add_money' console command on yourself you don't need to add the name of your faction. So when you type it into the console should look like this "add_money 5000" (without the quote marks of course). If you're trying to give money to another faction then I'm pretty sure console commands don't work. Try just gifting them cash through diplomacy.
    Good luck.

The highest amount of money that you can add to your faction would 40000 and not anything higher than that bc I have tried that too in the past and it did not work. You can also go to your descr_strat file and change the kings purse for all faction. It does do wonders for your economy.

Bellus88's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    The highest amount of money that you can add to your faction would 40000 and not anything higher than that bc I have tried that too in the past and it did not work. You can also go to your descr_strat file and change the kings purse for all faction. It does do wonders for your economy.
    Would doing this still make it work for a campaign in progress? Or I would have to restart? Since I have current saves for my Roman campaign.