Thread: Do the victory conditions affect your plans?

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Do the victory conditions affect your plans?

Do the victory conditions affect how you plan your campaigns? Do you choose one of the victory conditions (military, economic or cultural) at the start and plan for that, or do you just play the campaign for a while and then see which victory condition you're closest to, or do you ignore the victory conditions? In my current campaign as Cimmeria, I just played for a while and then chose the victory condition (cultural, in this case) that I was nearest to.

Default Re: Do the victory conditions affect your plans?

In my case it depends on how things are once I accomplish the almost last chapter main objetive. I normally ignore the bonus objetives of each chapter because they aren't mandatory to accomplish them.

I don't see much point in planning for a type of victory unless you really want to up the challenge level by committing to it. Like you said, I'll play for a while and then see what the best option is for me. I do try to complete the bonus adjectives for the extra cash early on, plus it actually helps with the roleplay IMO.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Yes, the bonus objectives are handy for cash (even though, as twgamer20197 said, they're not mandatory) in the early game.

The money from bonus objectives is sometimes handy in the late game too, at least for me, when I reach higher Imperium levels - as corruption and the loss of trading partners reduces my income, while my armies become more expensive as I'm adding some high tier units.