Thread: Raised by Wolves TV Series (HBO)

Default Raised by Wolves TV Series (HBO)

Anyone following this show? I'm surprised there's no thread on it honestly. Show has some bizarre and mysterious touch to it that really kept me hooked during lockdown and finished season 2 just today. Amazing stuff and 100% recommended.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9170108/
    Story is basically finding a new planet Keplar 22B since earth has been destroyed by Human factions. Atheists and Mithraics that follow a God named Sol. Season 2 ending has me confused so have to figure some things out but can't post in detail in the opening post since it's heavy spoiler.
    Very unique show, every Sci-fi should give it a shot.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Raised by Wolves TV Series (HBO)

Yeah, season 1 was definitely better than season 2. The problem with season 2 was same as Witcher 3 and many other shows, where the female lead randomly loses powers and has to get them back for a whole season.

But aside from that problem it was mostly watchable and fine, just not as good was the first season.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Season 1 is definitely phenomenal for new watchers. I was totally off-guard. And the whole season is discovery, trying to view challenges they're having and what is the whole about. On Big screen 4K it felt really good. The SFX felt great as well.

Season 2 was already established. And the power losing thing made sense since Necromancer is way too OP. And I think the whole COVID thing messed with season 2. 8 episodes was too much cramped and some of the highlights and key things were too easily discovered and 1 scene in particular was way too rushed.

Argh, I'm stuck at season 1, a couple eps after our favourite Viking goes crazy. I'll get back at it, I promise!

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Damn... how is the ending of season 2? Does it end in a cliffhanger? I hate those.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind

Yeah it's another cliffhanger from what I recall, very short season imo. They did say they will make all the seasons that short as well, but maybe it will be released faster.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

They cancelled it on HBO max. There wont be a season 3.

Maybe there is a chance to be picked by another streaming service, but looking at the state of them right now, with a few exceptions i think it is unlikely.

I understand WB currently is being acquired by Discovery, and raised by wolves is quite an expensive show to make, and is not that popular.

Its a shame because there isnt many concept science fiction stuff out there being made.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/6/7/23...bros-discovery
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; June 16, 2022 at 06:55 PM.