Thread: LTGD Monitor

Default LTGD Monitor

Recently, I started playing around with the campaign AI, again. I put a good effort but was ultimately defeated. The different aspects that influence the AI behavior are just too numerous, and by the end I was more confused than when I started. I'm burned out for now, but at least something good came of it.

I wrote a program to help me analyze the LTGD log file in real time, while I watched the AI game develop. The program monitors a file and prints whatever values you instruct it, whenever the file changes. I made it not only because of the difficulty and tediousness of scrolling down and searching for whatever value I wanted to see on the log file every turn, but due to the sluggishness of whatever text processor I used to search for the values, after the log got large enough (which can happen really quickly with some mods).

Here it is, in case you find it helpful: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/down...o=file&id=4647

PS: CavalryCMD and Zen, you guys are my heroes. Thanks for all your work! I will post some of my discoveries here as well, in case some inquisitive eyes find them illuminating.

Peace.
    Last edited by XXZit; May 06, 2022 at 01:02 PM.
    PlainEdit Multipurpose editor designed to automate repetitive text modification tasks.

Default Re: LTGD Monitor

Thank you for posting it! It seems very useful, but it doesn't start on my computer. The error massage says it doesn't run on 64 version of windows?

Sorry for that, I went too far stripping down dependencies. Try the new version I uploaded, it's a few KB bigger but it should work fine. I tried it on a virtual machine and had no issues.
    Also, let me know if the explanations for some of the settings are understandable, I tend to be somewhat obtuse when writing -both code and English haha.
    PlainEdit Multipurpose editor designed to automate repetitive text modification tasks.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

That does look very helpful, I also saw the PlainEdit tool which looks perfect for mass edits; thanks for both of those!
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

XXZit, so basically what a guy like me does (who has not much idea what to do with the file): just copies it to the MTW2 main folder which contains executable files. Then I change the path in the ini file to my logs, and then I double click to execute the file. In my case the path is:

input="C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\SSHIP_098\logs\ltgd.log"

But the program doesn't start:

Failed to open: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\SSHIP_098\logs\ltgd.log.
    Reason: ENOENT[2][No such file or directory][The system cannot find the file specified][2]
    The program has terminated. Press the 'Enter' key to quit...

What I do wrong?

Is your log file called "ltgd.log"?
    I play SSHIP as well and I know the default log is called "full.log" so you'd have to change the last part of the path from "ltgd.log" to "full.log"

EDIT: Also the executable can be anywhere You don't have to place it in the game's directory. You could even place it in the log folder itself, then you don't need to write the whole path, just the name of the file.
    Last edited by XXZit; May 07, 2022 at 07:29 PM.

It works, I made a separate log just for ai, but I called it different than ltgd Thank you!

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Many thanks! Great stuff and should be very useful! +rep

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!