Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creating a virtual SSD - is this possible?

Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Creating a virtual SSD - is this possible?

Ok, so i just did a quick google search and it seems like EVGA is selling a RTX 3050 for $249. I wanna go ahead and make this purchase, but i would like to know if this is compatible with my ASUS Z87 pro motherboard?

EDIT: heres the link to the EVGA website https://www.evga.com/products/produc...08G-P5-3551-KR

Ok, I know I'm being really indecisive here, but I decided not to purchase this card lol. I'm just gonna save up for a full upgrade later this yr or next yr.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; May 16, 2022 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Double posting

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Evga has shipping costs btw, unless you've bought from them before as a member. They're not bad cards, although one of their GTX titans had a bad superclock (factory overclocked guarenteed speed under warranty) and I had to underclock it.

Waiting is probably fine, tbh, swtor pvp isn't in a great spot with all the constant gear grinding. Maybe you should try Smite? It's free PvP without gearing issues and 4 buttons (not much to learn aside from 4 abilities each for the 40-60 possible gods/classes), although Arena teamfight is complex in its own way.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/386360/SMITE/

Probably lower system graphics requirements too for Smite compared to Swtor, The playerbase is entirely pvp players and some old swtor PvP people play it from what I've seen.

You should definitely give Smite a try imo, conversely these days swtor pvp is either a highly skilled top 10 player duo queueing together (that's what I did) or a group of 4 highly skilled players from ranked. The rest are all pugs who get farmed to death or given a mercy 3 cap. I dont remember seeing any casual groups or pugs left really. The solo pugs are all very low quality so they're hard to carry vs the farming elite players.

Smite doesn't have that problem since it's a PvP game, the players are usually decent (to the point Ive queued as a duo and beaten streamers, grandmaster players in groups, and full ranked premades consistently) whereas swtor pugs are the opposite (usually horrible). So imo you'll get a better experience playing Smite.
    Last edited by z3n; May 14, 2022 at 01:27 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    Evga has shipping costs btw, unless you've bought from them before as a member. They're not bad cards, although one of their GTX titans had a bad superclock (factory overclocked guarenteed speed under warranty) and I had to underclock it.

Waiting is probably fine, tbh, swtor pvp isn't in a great spot with all the constant gear grinding. Maybe you should try Smite? It's free PvP without gearing issues and 4 buttons (not much to learn aside from 4 abilities each for the 40-60 possible gods/classes), although Arena teamfight is complex in its own way.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/386360/SMITE/

Probably lower system graphics requirements too for Smite compared to Swtor, The playerbase is entirely pvp players and some old swtor PvP people play it from what I've seen.

You should definitely give Smite a try imo, conversely these days swtor pvp is either a highly skilled top 10 player duo queueing together (that's what I did) or a group of 4 highly skilled players from ranked. The rest are all pugs who get farmed to death or given a mercy 3 cap. I dont remember seeing any casual groups or pugs left really. The solo pugs are all very low quality so they're hard to carry vs the farming elite players.

Smite doesn't have that problem since it's a PvP game, the players are usually decent (to the point Ive queued as a duo and beaten streamers, grandmaster players in groups, and full ranked premades consistently) whereas swtor pugs are the opposite (usually horrible). So imo you'll get a better experience playing Smite.

I love the gear grinding in SWTOR lol. Doing PVE missions to level up while queuing for WZ's, freaking love it(also occasionally you bump into imps while doing PVE missions, i lost count of how many imps i killed lol). I remember playing as a Jedi Sentinel once and I ended up getting 1.1 million total damage. But this was like 5 or 6 years ago Made a lot of cool friends in the process too.

Smite sounds interesting, but how much space does it take up??? I have 2 120gb SSD's and their very low on space. my 2nd SSD only has 38gbs left.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Douchebag View Post
    I love the gear grinding in SWTOR lol. Doing PVE missions to level up while queuing for WZ's, freaking love it(also occasionally you bump into imps while doing PVE missions, i lost count of how many imps i killed lol). I remember playing as a Jedi Sentinel once and I ended up getting 1.1 million total damage. But this was like 5 or 6 years ago Made a lot of cool friends in the process too.

Smite sounds interesting, but how much space does it take up??? I have 2 120gb SSD's and their very low on space. my 2nd SSD only has 38gbs left.
    Steam says smite req is 30gb of space, not at my computer so can't check.

For swtor, Theres no open world pvp anymore, they changed it to have none. The gear called augments cost around 2-3 billion credits per piece and you need augments on all 14 or 16 slots. So it costs about 50 billion credits total, this is way too expensive for most players, or would clear their whole bank out. So you only see elite players with the augs, and its like a 10-20% performance increase in damage and survivability. Gear grinding is mainly PvE now, they used to have PvP grinding but they removed it. Technically PvP grinding exists but it's very inefficient. Anyway you'll probably like smite more imo unless the ranked 4 man premades finally got bored and quit farming the really bad pug players.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Steam says smite req is 30gb of space, not at my computer so can't check.

For swtor, Theres no open world pvp anymore, they changed it to have none. The gear called augments cost around 2-3 billion credits per piece and you need augments on all 14 or 16 slots. So it costs about 50 billion credits total, this is way too expensive for most players, or would clear their whole bank out. So you only see elite players with the augs, and its like a 10-20% performance increase in damage and survivability. Gear grinding is mainly PvE now, they used to have PvP grinding but they removed it. Technically PvP grinding exists but it's very inefficient. Anyway you'll probably like smite more imo unless the ranked 4 man premades finally got bored and quit farming the really bad pug players.
    No more open world PVP!?!?!?!!! please tell me ur lying lol. I remember ganking low lvled alts on alderaan or tatooine and forcing players to bring in their main.

This is unacceptable. Is this for all servers??? What a huge freakin turn off. Makes me not want to go back to SWTOR.

I forgot what augments were. Are those used to boost certain items stats? If i remember correctly? I thought in PVP the only thing that mattered was this one specific stat, i forgot what it was called, but mine was like 2500 something. I think it increases damages done to an enemy player.

I might give smite a go, we'll see what happens.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Douchebag View Post
    No more open world PVP!?!?!?!!! please tell me ur lying lol. I remember ganking low lvled alts on alderaan or tatooine and forcing players to bring in their main.

This is unacceptable. Is this for all servers??? What a huge freakin turn off. Makes me not want to go back to SWTOR.

I forgot what augments were. Are those used to boost certain items stats? If i remember correctly? I thought in PVP the only thing that mattered was this one specific stat, i forgot what it was called, but mine was like 2500 something. I think it increases damages done to an enemy player.

I might give smite a go, we'll see what happens.
    Nah, expertise stat doesn't exist anymore on gear. They removed that maybe 3-4 years ago.

And technically there is still the very small (0.00000000001%) chance that open world pvp can happen but they made it so open world pvp happens on another map server (they call it an instance, but its really a separate server with like 1 player at any given time if youre lucky pretty much). Nobody goes on that map server by default, especially not low leveled people.

I only really saw those map servers empty or with 1 player like I said, although I distantly recall one time these years ago people wanted me to come help them quickly farm a world boss with their 20 person guild before swapping back to the PvE map server.

My old guild (way back now, 5 years ago maybe?) used to organize big events for open world pvp on those separate map servers but thats kinda stopped since the person who used to do that stopped playing. I saw on my steam friends list that they play smite now too, but I haven't talked to them in a while.

You could maybe do organized open world pvp like that if you advertised for it, but your chances of a low level gank forcing them to get their mains are like 0.00000000001%. Oh also, there's sometimes guild vs guild open world pvp during the official organized events but that attracts maybe 10 ranked players who hang around on Ilum chatting and emoting at each other, maybe 1 or 2 duels. And then when some dumb casual guild tries to attack them everybody kills them.

Swtor devs are very anti pvp now imo, thats partly why we left to play Smite.
    Last edited by z3n; May 14, 2022 at 09:49 PM.
    The AI Workshop Creator

Nah, expertise stat doesn't exist anymore on gear. They removed that maybe 3-4 years ago.

And technically there is still the very small (0.00000000001%) chance that open world pvp can happen but they made it so open world pvp happens on another map server (they call it an instance, but its really a separate server with like 1 player at any given time if youre lucky pretty much). Nobody goes on that map server by default, especially not low leveled people.

I only really saw those map servers empty or with 1 player like I said, although I distantly recall one time these years ago people wanted me to come help them quickly farm a world boss with their 20 person guild before swapping back to the PvE map server.

My old guild (way back now, 5 years ago maybe?) used to organize big events for open world pvp on those separate map servers but thats kinda stopped since the person who used to do that stopped playing. I saw on my steam friends list that they play smite now too, but I haven't talked to them in a while.

You could maybe do organized open world pvp like that if you advertised for it, but your chances of a low level gank forcing them to get their mains are like 0.00000000001%. Oh also, there's sometimes guild vs guild open world pvp during the official organized events but that attracts maybe 10 ranked players who hang around on Ilum chatting and emoting at each other, maybe 1 or 2 duels. And then when some dumb casual guild tries to attack them everybody kills them.

Swtor devs are very anti pvp now imo, thats partly why we left to play Smite.
    Wait, no more expertise? So how do you get PVP Gear then??? I Remember trading in WZ coins or whatever for PVP gear with expertise stats. Whats the difference between PVP gear and PVE gear then? Unless PVE gear can be now used for PVP? I have some decent PVE gear for my trooper, they look like one of those imperial snow troopers from the Original SW series.

I remember that one area on tatooine where you can attack anyone regardless of your faction. is that the 'instance' area? Thats not bad if thats the case. But its still disappointing you cant attack anyone outside those specific areas. So if i was doing dailies(i think thats what it was called?) on section X, i wont be able to attack any players?

Gree events are awesome. They have these constant battles to control the center of the map...i believe it spawns some droid? Its for PVE i think.

Hows the player count btw? I Remember on certain days i had to wait hours just to join a WZ match.

Moderator Emeritus

No, there's no world pvp anymore. You can't attack people unless you go to those separate instances (where nobody goes). Also I dont think anybody really goes to the tatooine area, but maybe? I never tried or did. And PvP gear is sort of PvE gear (2-3 years ago, maybe different now), except worse. So PvE players have better stats bc they're usually less skilled and SWTOR devs dont like PvP players like I said.

When queueing you get a lot of the same players, (maybe this is matchmakings fault but I doubt it) but the WZ pops happen pretty frequently on the one East Coast server, I forget its name but its the one that isnt Satele Shan (if thats the name?).

One time I saw the player pop of SWTOR compared to Smite and it was very bad for SWTOR compared to Smite. Smite had pure PvP players, and SWTOR has majority story / pve players. So at any given time you'll have maybe 30 players queueing for PvP and getting a pop.

Whereas for Smite it's a lot more, you can check player pop on steam -> https://steamcharts.com/app/386360 (10'000 pvp players) vs https://steamcharts.com/app/1286830 (5000 mainly story / pve players). Real PvP player count is very low on swtor, you can easily see the pop queueing at any given time by checking the PvP maps and number playing, its always under 100 even at prime time on the most populated server.
    The AI Workshop Creator

Thank you z3n, I'll be downloading smite sometime tonight. Do you think my GT 710 1GB graphic card should be able to handle this? I have a 1080p monitor but I dont mind lowering the resolution to 800×600 lol :p

Also, wuts ur steam ID?
    Last edited by Douchebag; May 17, 2022 at 08:45 PM.

I cant login for some reason :/

Moderator Emeritus

They do maitenance on Tuesdays for some reason around 8-10PM EST, it's pretty dumb but usually only lasts 15 minutes. I think tonight it lasted a little longer than than normal for some reason but I haven't played in a while.

I'll PM you
    The AI Workshop Creator

OK, i just played 1 round and this game is addicting lmao. Played as that guan yu guy. Forgot how much dmg i did but i ended up getting 11k dmg mitigation

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12