Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Total Vanilla Beyond 3.6 Release - Surprise!

Dragour's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Total Vanilla Beyond 3.6 Release - Surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by Hillly View Post
    Amazing news, I love the mod! I've got a new laptop recently so tried to redownload the game & mod, the game runs on its own, but for some reason when I try to launch the mod Batch file, it crashes with the message 'Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.'. Has anyone else experienced this and know how to get around it?
    A few people seem to have this problem and Azumi could never find the answer =( the only thing I could suggest is to make sure you have applied the 4gb patch to the Medieval2.exe (in the base game folder)

Quote Originally Posted by Hillly View Post
    Amazing news, I love the mod! I've got a new laptop recently so tried to redownload the game & mod, the game runs on its own, but for some reason when I try to launch the mod Batch file, it crashes with the message 'Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.'. Has anyone else experienced this and know how to get around it?
    Hi Hilly,
    Thank you for your message.
    Has the mod been unzipped to the Mod folder of medieval two? So that the end of the address is like "Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\totalvanillab"and then directly inside there is the batch?
    At your disposal.
    All the best

Greetings! How do I fix the fact that "advanced" ports with an increased number of sea lanes don't work? Both Venice, Tripoli, and Stettin have a maximum of 4 maritime trade routes everywhere.

Hi Der,

Yeah I've unzipped to mod folder and run from there, tried it with both the steam version and a CD version I had, both same issues for some reason, I'm going to try and dig out my old laptop see if I can still run it on there because the mods too good to miss out on!

(this is off the top of my head and might be missing a step since I always run mods off the .bat, but sometimes works when the old school method won't)

Have you tried renaming the TVB mod folder to one of the Kingdoms DLC, then launching from steam to the same Kingdoms campaign instead?

As in rename one of them to "crusades1" so you can then rename your TVB folder to "crusades", then try launching Medieval 2 from steam and pick the Crusades campaign option? It's magically worked for me before...

Edit: You might also need to rename the TVB bat to "medieval2_crusades" for the above example as well. Any of the other Kingdoms mod folders work as well.
    Last edited by mlc82; September 22, 2022 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Typo

hi,i want to ask.. i'm playing your mod and i wanted to edit one thing.. I would like to add Stone Fort to the map from the beginning of the campaign and prohibit them from being built by factions anywhere on the map.. the problem is that when I edit the subor descr_strat it doesn't appear on the campaign map. could you advise me something?

Je možné niekde získať verziu 1.0 s klasickou mapou Európy?

I think you got the wrong mod discussion Rudes.

no,I wanted to get to the total vanilla 1.0 mod

Error message during installation.. 'Path too long'?

Hi, I'm enjoying this mod very much and have played it a lot. I am looking for someone who can modify it for me, by:
    - adding two more fractions to Americas. There is not much action in Americas right now.
    - adding more provinces at areas of North and South America, Africa, Middle-East to Asia (so the density will be similar to Europe).

I don't need changes to accurately reflect on historical data, but it is a bonus. I don't know if others also want that, but if they do I would be happy if changes are shared to the public.

I am offering payment for changes via PayPal starting at 50€.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12