Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Medieval Mod: 1191

Default A Medieval Mod: 1191

A Medieval Mod: 1191 standalone: -Full list of features in the description. -Better ai both campaign and battle. -new units all around even from previous versions. -new interactive events such as traveling mercenaries. -Merchants are back but very limited, as with limited priests. -Religion now plays a bigger role in the order of your cities. -Should be harder to maintain order all around still might need tweaks. -Game is meant to be a slow build-up of your nation, 6 turns per year early campaign only -Collect artifacts through battle such as special rings, shields, swords, axes, breastplates. Enjoy the mod!
    {{{{newest features here:
    Huge update here's a list of some of the new features:
    1) New Castles and Cities. Several factions have a new look to them.
    2) Great Britain is larger for gameplay reasons, also added more settlements to the region. Should provide much better gameplay.
    3) New Faction- Bulgaria is now in the game with unique quality units to boot.
    4) Cumans roster redone, they look super cool. It's more of a western Cumania look/Slavic. You can still get Kypach looking units a little further east.
    5) In the spirit of Keiv I touched up their roster, models were the same but the textures really enhanced the faction. Also added a settlement for them.
    6) Venice is now Venice again, took flack for changing them before.
    7) Start date is 1191 also working toward making the mod more accurate with history, much has been changed so check out the new mod overhaul.}}}

1. All factions (reskinned) are playable on a very large campaign map. The mod is based on history but is fictional. As of late I'm adjusting to a more historical project. If anyone would like to help please pm me.

2. New Interactivity:
    Traveling Mercs-every so often a mercenary commander may visit your capital offering services. This is an opportunity to gain unique units only available through this process. Be careful not to offend them because they may decide to raid your lands.
    Jousting tournaments-see if your favorite can make it to the highest level of Champion of Knights, with a little luck maybe.

3. New buildings such as:
    training garrisons-new recruits gain experience also allows greek and Italian factions to stage games.
    merc camps-certain units can only be found this way.
    crusader outposts and settlements-go on a crusade and wage war against the east with units from these buildings. (can only build in the east as a catholic faction)
    woodsmen guild-create longbowmen with England with this guild. Just one of the many guilds to build.

4. New resource-dependent buildings such as:
    Weaponsmith-Fight for regions with iron or silver to improve your army's weapons, (hint)it takes a little mining but is well worth the effort.
    Occupy regions with a slave resource to gain a slave-only unit to help soak up the enemy archer's arrows.
    Regions with furs and hides may increase the trade of your leather workers compared to other factions without them.

5. Many ways to play at the beginning of your campaign choose from a siege and captain script also a governer script.
    6. Advanced Battle and multiple Campaign AI personalities 3 different catholic, 2 different eastern, 3 different greek and orthodox.
    INSTALLATION:
    -Find the mod folder in your steamapps/common/Medieval II Total War/mods/
    -once there you should see 4 mods that came with the kingdom's expansion.
    -Pick one of those mod folders for this example we'll use americas mod and rename it to something like americas.original
    -now create a new folder called americas and drop the files into that folder.
    -start steam choose to play americas and it will run.

Here are just some of the new units of the mod:
    Saxon Conscripts

Armenian Archers

Danish Knights

Aragon Knights

Improved Lithuanian Units

English Spearmen

Teutonic Mailed Knights

Armenian Heavy Infantry

Some pics and more info about the mod:
    Cuman Archers

New Scotland Start

England Starting area

One of the new walls

and some more

many of these are made from brick textures from real castles...

exclusive to Venice...

more

There's still more but onto some units...
    Cuman

cuman...

a few Bulgarian units

some random battles

enjoy the mod if you have any questions hit me up.

CREDITS
    special thanks to Koultouras and Socal Infidel TGC, Matthaeus and Leif Eriskon and Pacco for any textures I used by mistake without giving credit in the past

--Huge thanks to the following for the concept ideas detailing from textures to models, scripts, music, and much more.
    SS team, Last Kingdom, Wotw, BC, Bellum Crusis, Deus Vult, Dbm, Third age, Magyar mod, Rusuchi, Kostic unit ideas, Sship, RBAI, Dots, WotN, Kings Banner, Sandy units, nikossiaz real shields, Dolens awesome models and textures. I've reached out to all I can think of for permissions and either got or didnt receive a reply after weeks.

Heres a link to the mod

https://www.moddb.com/mods/a-medieval-mod/downloads
    Last edited by Curt2013; August 14, 2022 at 09:18 AM.

Default Re: A Medieval Mod: 1191

Very, very nice my man.
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Great project, great work! Thanks!

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Wonderful... I will get to it later! I was wondering if you could help me with creating new units? Idk what software to use or how to do it. I am a novice at this stuff and I want an expert opinion. Your great at what you do and I want to create new units myself.

achwell's Avatar Biarchus

great mod and definitely deserves a place in released mod section, been playing it for a few days now, love it. Thank you for sharing

Thanks!

"great mod and definitely deserves a place in released mod section, been playing it for a few days now, love it. Thank you for sharing"

Thanks!
    Last edited by Curt2013; May 12, 2022 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    Wonderful... I will get to it later! I was wondering if you could help me with creating new units? Idk what software to use or how to do it. I am a novice at this stuff and I want an expert opinion. Your great at what you do and I want to create new units myself.
    There are some great tutorials out there in the modding section of the forum. the tools I use are outdated so I would check there for the latest innovations. Enjoy the mod!

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Impressive work ! The mod is tempting, especially thanks to reskin units, landscape and textures of cities and castles. A skill I don't have.

After having tested the mod a little: I am impressed by the work done. It seems to me that the vast majority of units have been redone; it's huge !
    Also, those texture improvements to vary the look of cities look fantastic (I haven't seen them in game yet). For the vegetation, you seem to have taken inspiration from EBII to vary the environments and it seems interesting (although for certain battle maps, the replacement of palm trees - for example - does not always seem advantageous to me).
    It takes time to test the campaign, so I can just tell you that it seems to work well but I'm having a little trouble replaying with your character models on the strategic map and also the anachronistic aspect of the portraits of the generals. I think you could easily get the ones I made for SSHIP.

PS : I saw that you used the model of archers who have a string to their bow: I removed them from SSHIP because they bug in melee with a unit with swords.
    Last edited by kostic; May 17, 2022 at 12:13 PM. Reason: After checking

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Impressive work ! The mod is tempting, especially thanks to reskin units, landscape and textures of cities and castles. A skill I don't have.

After having tested the mod a little: I am impressed by the work done. It seems to me that the vast majority of units have been redone; it's huge !
    Also, those texture improvements to vary the look of cities look fantastic (I haven't seen them in game yet). For the vegetation, you seem to have taken inspiration from EBII to vary the environments and it seems interesting (although for certain battle maps, the replacement of palm trees - for example - does not always seem advantageous to me).
    It takes time to test the campaign, so I can just tell you that it seems to work well but I'm having a little trouble replaying with your character models on the strategic map and also the anachronistic aspect of the portraits of the generals. I think you could easily get the ones I made for SSHIP.

PS : I saw that you used the model of archers who have a string to their bow: I removed them from SSHIP because they bug in melee with a unit with swords.
    Thank you for the feedback, it definitely helps to hear other opinions. Also the city textures would be an easy implementation to SSHIP. I actually got the vegetation from DBM mod. Again feel free to use w/e I created if it helps speed up SSIP.

Nice job in getting your own forum on here! Congrats! I am two seperate mods for unit mod expansion that I am creating, however, my mod isn't done just yet. So I will let you know when the demo version comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    Nice job in getting your own forum on here! Congrats! I am two seperate mods for unit mod expansion that I am creating, however, my mod isn't done just yet. So I will let you know when the demo version comes out.
    Thank you, and good luck on your project looking forward to checking it out!

The mod loads, but when I try to start a custom battle or campaign I get an unexpected error crash to desktop. I am not using steam version of Kingdoms. My SS and SSHIP mods work just fine. Do you have any idea what the problem might be? Thanks!
    Roland searched the continent for the man who'd done him in
    He found him in Mombasa in a barroom drinking gin
    Roland aimed his Thompson gun. He didn't say a word
    But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg
    - Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - 1978

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
    The mod loads, but when I try to start a custom battle or campaign I get an unexpected error crash to desktop. I am not using steam version of Kingdoms. My SS and SSHIP mods work just fine. Do you have any idea what the problem might be? Thanks!
    Only thing I can think of is you might have a corrupt download. I just downloaded the mod from mod.db just to test it and it works fine on my machine. I read from another guy who had similar issue he fixed it with like this "For anyone having CTD's every second or so turn, I set Compatibility mode to Windows 7 and that seems to have fixed it. If anything changes I'll let you know."

Hey I was wondering something. Are you planning on adding more forts by any chance? If not, could you please answer how you did it? I believe warfare would be way more interesting. Supposedly, if I wanted to increase garrison slots for both cities and forts, how could I do it? Btw, compliments on your work. You did a fantastic job!

Hi, Thank you for this beautiful mod. I do have a question, I downloaded and played the first version but now I see multiple versions of MEDM can you tell me what is the difference and what to download and which patch belongs to which version please

Amended 9-22-2022 to be correct:

The order should be MEDM Build 2, Patch 1.0 for Build 2, Patch 2.0 for Build 2, Quick Fix for Patch 2.

Many of the changes are new unit models. There are probably some other changes listed alongside the download link as well.
    Last edited by Kilgore Trout; September 21, 2022 at 09:56 PM.

Hi Kilgore Trout, thank you for your replay

Uh-oh, I was mistaken. You also need at apply Patch 1. The order should be MEDM Build 2, Patch 1.0 for Build 2, Patch 2.0 for Build 2, Quick Fix for Patch 2.

Hi Kilgore Trout, thanks mate, got it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast