Thread: How can windows 10 edit CAS file?

Default How can windows 10 edit CAS file?

I have tried the CAS converter, but it doesn't support 3dsmax 2020, and iwte seems not support window 10, could anyone help me please? Thank you very much!

Default Re: How can windows 10 edit CAS file?

The latest versions of IWTE definitely work on Windows 10. Using IWTE to convert to .dae and then opening in Blender, 3ds, etc. is the recommended workflow. If that absolutely refuses to work for you, you can try Modeler's Toolbox or GOAT to convert .cas to .ms3d for opening in Milkshape and then exporting from there to some format that will work in Blender, 3ds, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by yxyxy123 View Post
    I have tried the CAS converter, but it doesn't support 3dsmax 2020, and iwte seems not support window 10, could anyone help me please? Thank you very much!
    IWTE definitely supports windows 10, I'm on windows 10... the error message you sent me on pm about windows 10 isn't anything IWTE would generate, that sounds like you have some other 'issue' with your system. (and I just checked the .exe through Virus Total to double check it is not us!)

The last bit of the message
    and after I tried to covert the Cas to dae , this warning cames out:
    Completed - but cross check for errors in dos box
    That is the standard message - that means it should be fine and you should have a .dae file in the /to_dae folder below the .exe
    The dos box is the black cmd window, for some more complex operations there can be useful messages in that. If you have any error messages in that please take a screenshot and post it here.

to use the .dae files in 3dsMax you need the Khronos Open Collada plug in https://github.com/KhronosGroup/Open...nCOLLADA-Tools - that doesn't look like it goes up to 2020 version - but you can use Blender (which is free) without any extra plug-ins, simply import/export the .dae files via Collada

EDIT: someone just found these for me: https://github.com/RemiArnaud/OpenCOLLADA
    neither wilddog or I have Max so can't help with how to use...

Thank you for your reply , I just download the blender , but everything seems new to me , could you tell me how will I assign the bone in blender?

ohhhh , thank you so much for your reply, I also tested the dae file and I think it is truely work well, may I know how will I assign the bone of dae file in blender? and "without any extra plug-ins, simply import/export the .dae files via Collada" does it means I can't simply export dae file but through "collada" function? I am sorry I am so confused... thank you again!

yes you just use the
    File > Export > Collada (default) (.dae)
    button to export, then use IWTE to convert the .dae back to .cas

https://wiki.twcenter.net/index.php?...one_Assignment
    has info about bone weighting in Blender to suit the animated strat models (characters) - but if you're doing the static resource/residence models you don't have any bones or weighting.

thank you so much for your reply,may I know for the" input the number of bones" how will I know how many bones are there(in MT2 )?

m2tw strat model figures the answer is 1

that figure is about number of bones each vertex can be weighted to - for that type of .cas it should be 1 - e.g. each vertex is just weighted 100% to a bone, and the movement happens by stretching the face between the vertexes

thank you very much!

hi I just found a new problem , may I know why when I import the obj file , the blender cames out an error? does it means blender can't read obj file or I need to do something to import the obj in the blender?

In theory Blender will import .obj files, but I think there are different ways of saving obj (with / without uvs?)

anyway for that question you need Google - for general Blender questions you'll be better off with a general internet search, instead of in TW only areas.

thank you so much for your help, I am sorry for I used much of your Time, thank you very much and have a good day!

just successfully export the dea and it does work , thank you so much again for your great help !