Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What would we do if we didn't have Christmas and Easter?

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: What would we do if we didn't have Christmas and Easter?

conon394,

Christianity is about God making rebirth happen to a sinner through Grace. That is what the Scriptures teach and why they are the Key to salvation. So, no matter what others have said the truth lies in what the Bible says and only what the Bible says.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    conon394,

Christianity is about God making rebirth happen to a sinner through Grace. That is what the Scriptures teach and why they are the Key to salvation. So, no matter what others have said the truth lies in what the Bible says and only what the Bible says.
    I find interesting you have criticized Islamic suicide bombers here have you not? But here your statement of absolute faith to me seem very much no different from the ones they express. Which is the same absolutism that crusaders expressed when they said Deus Vult and butchered non believers.
    Last edited by conon394; April 20, 2022 at 10:36 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Remember, Conon, god has predetermined literally everything - so if you want to go out and butcher 50 non believers god is not only okay with that, he actually created you with the sole purpose of doing so.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Akar,

Strange that you should say that because being true and you being against there being a God why are you not afraid of what you might do next? Would you not rather know that you belong to God by being saved now rather than carry on wondering what your longterm future holds?

Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Akar,

Strange that you should say that because being true and you being against there being a God why are you not afraid of what you might do next? Would you not rather know that you belong to God by being saved now rather than carry on wondering what your longterm future holds?
    Actually I would say should not be the more worried. You posted your Thesis to the door and are all hard in for it. But what if you are wrong. I rather say have optimism about all kinds on things I come across each day and can look forward to big finish with some optimism. After all if you wrong in your absolutist belief we might end up as dorm mates... or not I mean according to the old polish catholic priest when I was a kid I just have a ton of purgatory to face you might in more trouble. But if somebody else is right well I guess it be interesting to see how plays out with the hard core types who were wrong.
    Last edited by conon394; April 21, 2022 at 10:20 PM.

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Why would I be worried about what I do next? I have impulse control and a sense of morality that isn't derived from being afraid god will be mad at me.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Actually I would say should not be the more worried. You posted your Thesis to the door and are all hard in for it. But what if you are wrong. I rather say have optimism about all kinds on things I come across each day and can look forward to big finish with some optimism. After all if you wrong in your absolutist belief we might end up as dorm mates... or not I mean according to the old polish catholic priest when I was a kid I just have a ton of purgatory to face you might in more trouble. But if somebody else is right well I guess it be interesting to see how plays out with the hard core types who were wrong.
    conon394,

The thing is ole fella, that you speak without experience whereas I do speak of experience and of course I'm talking of God. These experiences have not lessened my belief, rather enhanced my belief but can you say the same?

conon394,

The thing is ole fella, that you speak without experience whereas I do speak of experience and of course I'm talking of God. These experiences have not lessened my belief, rather enhanced my belief but can you say the same?
    That in general the measured observations of the world in a rational manor suggest the an Iron mythology is incorrect. Yep pretty confident on that. Open minded on the future. But all things considered pretty happy not to be talking to your god.

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    That in general the measured observations of the world in a rational manor suggest the an Iron mythology is incorrect. Yep pretty confident on that. Open minded on the future. But all things considered pretty happy not to be talking to your god.
    conon394,

But it is not rational to believe that out of nothing came a huge explosion by which worlds were made and on our world the ingredients were gathered to make a soup out of which came the first inkling of life and that over billions of years.

conon394,

But it is not rational to believe that out of nothing came a huge explosion by which worlds were made and on our world the ingredients were gathered to make a soup out of which came the first inkling of life and that over billions of years.

It is the definition of rational since it fits the observable evidence, better than creation myths created of various peoples certainly better than the OT.
    Last edited by conon394; April 23, 2022 at 09:13 PM.

conon394,

The observable evidence is that intelligent design is behind all of creation something scientists cannot accept as being God. The thing is that they cannot give an answer to where and what that intelligent design is, rather to cobble together that mere chance got us here over billions of years which they cannot prove.

The observable evidence is that intelligent design is behind all of creation something scientists cannot accept as being God
    Err No. Also as a Young earth creationist biblical literalalist... you don't don't need to evoke smoking pile on pseudo science that is Intelligent design. Kinda looks like you thrashing about a bit.

The thing is that they cannot give an answer to where and what that intelligent design is, rather to cobble together that mere chance got us here over billions of years which they cannot prove.
    You can't prove something to somebody who moves the goal posts and or closes their eyes.
    Last edited by conon394; April 24, 2022 at 07:12 AM.

conon394,

Look around you man and tell me how everything you see came out of a bowl of soup?

Praeses

The problem with soup is when strawmen try to drink it it leaks out everywhere.

Genesis 1 has one version of events of creation, Genesis 2:2 gives a flatly contradictory order of event. Look around your Bible, which version is true?
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

conon394,

Look around you man and tell me how everything you see came out of a bowl of soup?
    Yes I would prefer the proper term Aboigenesis.

Ketzerfreund's Avatar Domesticus

For Easter, just watch "The Wicker Man" (1973) for your answer.
    "Oh, to be truly happy! To be an imbecile." - Wobbly Headed Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Ketzerfreund View Post
    For Easter, just watch "The Wicker Man" (1973) for your answer.
    Ketzerfreund,

I remember watching that film but vaguely and did so because the guy who starred in it, Edward Woodward, was one of my favourite actors. It wasn't a film suitable for children though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123