Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHIP v. 098 - archive of discussion during testing

Default Re: SSHIP_098 April 7th 2022 - for testing

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    Do you have any software running in the background? The game seems very sensitive to this. I had CTDs that disappeared just because I closed my internet browser which I left open in the background.
    Give us your savegame so we can see if the same thing happens to us.
    Here is link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FQy...ew?usp=sharing

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Muramasa1794 View Post
    Here you've got turn 28, and turn 29.

Might've found an error in the descr_strat at line 5786, I think "character Robert, general, named character, age 50"
    is supposed to read "character Robert, general, named character, male, age 50". With that little correction, he shows up as a proper English family member instead of a NE General's Bodyguard with no character attached.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Legionary View Post
    Might've found an error in the descr_strat at line 5786, I think "character Robert, general, named character, age 50"
    is supposed to read "character Robert, general, named character, male, age 50". With that little correction, he shows up as a proper English family member instead of a NE General's Bodyguard with no character attached.
    thanks, @Silver Legionary, indeed! will be fixed in the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPistol View Post
    Just an update to this: I still get the disinherited trait after marriage to a general UNLESS they are part of the mission where a general asks for a princess to marry. So it seems the game does not like it when a princess marries a faction general without the designated mission. I've been able to marry enemy generals and bring them to my side without trouble.
    Yeah, I still haven't time to delve into the princesses traits...
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; July 02, 2022 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post

Yeah, I still haven't time to delve into the princesses traits...
    No worries, I just thought I'd give updates when I come across something new. This is the first time since vanilla that I've come across this problem.

Is it a princess trait issue or a general trait issue? I understand that the traits of the princess get reflected onto the general, so maybe the "disinherited" is a hidden trait of the princess, but from the language it sounds like the general is the problem (the nobles don't like the general the princess has married)?

No worries, I just thought I'd give updates when I come across something new. This is the first time since vanilla that I've come across this problem.

Is it a princess trait issue or a general trait issue? I understand that the traits of the princess get reflected onto the general, so maybe the "disinherited" is a hidden trait of the princess, but from the language it sounds like the general is the problem (the nobles don't like the general the princess has married)?
    actually, you may be right to point out at this trait. It seems Kilo11 might have misunderstood this trait while working on the descriptions two years ago. What I see in the code is:
    Code:
    {WifeWasFactionHeir_desc}This man's wife could have produced possible heirs, but thanks to the character of this man the nobles won't accept his sons anymore.
    {WifeWasFactionHeir_effects_desc}No effects
    {WifeWasFactionHeir}Wife Disinherited
    Code:
    ;------------------------------------------
    Trait  WifeIsFactionHeir
    Characters family

Level WifeWasFactionHeir
       Description WifeWasFactionHeir_desc
       EffectsDescription WifeWasFactionHeir_effects_desc
       Threshold 1 

Level WifeIsFactionHeir
       Description WifeIsFactionHeir_desc
       EffectsDescription WifeIsFactionHeir_effects_desc
       Threshold 2
    Code:
    Trigger valid_heir_43 ; Characters who marry such daughters are given a trait telling the game they did that
     WhenToTest CharacterMarriesPrincess

Condition SpouseTrait PrincessFactionHeir = 1
        and Trait Factionleader = 0
        and not CharFactionType venice
        and not CharFactionType pisa

Affects WifeIsFactionHeir 1 Chance 100

Trigger valid_heir_5 ; Biological sons of men married to daughters of valid claimants receive automatic weak claims if not in republic
     WhenToTest CharacterComesOfAge

Condition FatherTrait WifeIsFactionHeir = 1
         and Trait Usurper = 0
         and Trait BastardSon  = 0
    	 and Trait WeakClaimant = 0

Affects WeakClaimant 1 Chance 100
    Trigger valid_heir_41b ; Daughters of claimants give their claims to their children
     WhenToTest CharacterTurnStart

Condition FatherTrait WifeIsFactionHeir > 0
        and AgentType = princess
    	and Trait PrincessWeakFactionHeir = 0

Affects PrincessWeakFactionHeir 1 Chance 100
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; July 04, 2022 at 12:30 PM.

Here you've got turn 28, and turn 29.
    Thank you

Hi Everyone

Been playing this for some time, and then I started getting a CTD that won't go away no matter how many times I restart the game, which usually worked in previous cases.

I'm playing as the Abbasids, and here's my save and crash log:
    system.log.txt
    Abbasids.7z

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Qattos View Post
    Hi Everyone

Been playing this for some time, and then I started getting a CTD that won't go away no matter how many times I restart the game, which usually worked in previous cases.
    hmmmmm, no indication in the log other than it's during Rum turn... I've run it on my comp, and it crashes as well... doesn't look I can help, at least not quickly.
    Code:
    14:07:21.002 [game.script] [always] ------ testing rum leader for policies14:07:21.002 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 50632 in mods/SSHIP098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:07:21.002 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 50635 in mods/SSHIP098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:07:21.002 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 50639 in mods/SSHIP098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:07:21.002 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 50642 in mods/SSHIP098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:07:21.002 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 50645 in mods/SSHIP098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:07:21.002 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 50648 in mods/SSHIP098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:07:21.002 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 50651 in mods/SSHIP098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:07:21.002 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 50656 in mods/SSHIP098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:07:21.002 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 50660 in mods/SSHIP098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:07:21.002 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 50668 in mods/SSHIP098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:07:21.002 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 50678 in mods/SSHIP098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:07:21.003 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 50684 in mods/SSHIP098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:07:21.003 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 50687 in mods/SSHIP098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:07:21.003 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_event_counter> at line 50687 in mods/SSHIP098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:07:21.003 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 50690 in mods/SSHIP098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:07:21.003 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 50697 in mods/SSHIP098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:07:21.003 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <log> at line 50763 in mods/SSHIP098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    14:07:21.003 [game.script] [always] ------ Script end
    14:07:21.003 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Update_AI> fired
    14:07:21.003 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Update_AI_islam> fired
    14:07:21.003 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <rum> fired
    14:07:21.003 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0083b_Update_Allies> fired
    14:07:21.003 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0084b_Update_Enemies> fired
    14:07:21.003 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0085_Update_Religion> fired
    14:07:21.003 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0108_Update_Untrustworthy_Factions_Minor> fired
    14:07:21.003 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0049_P_Normalise_Non_catholic> fired
    14:07:21.003 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Global_DecreaseOverTime> fired
    14:07:21.003 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Theologians_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    14:07:21.004 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Merchants_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    14:07:21.004 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Thiefs_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    14:07:21.004 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Assassins_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    14:07:21.004 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Woodsmens_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    14:07:21.004 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <HorseBreeders_No_Guild_Bonus> fired
    14:07:21.227 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Qattos, you may try to open the console and type 'surrender_regions rum' - it allowed me to pass to the next turn. Rum faction will disappear though, but they may reemerge later.

actually, you may be right to point out at this trait. It seems Kilo11 might have misunderstood this trait while working on the descriptions two years ago. What I see in the code is:
    Code:
    {WifeWasFactionHeir_desc}This man's wife could have produced possible heirs, but thanks to the character of this man the nobles won't accept his sons anymore.
    {WifeWasFactionHeir_effects_desc}No effects
    {WifeWasFactionHeir}Wife Disinherited
    Code:
    Trait  WifeIsFactionHeir
    Characters family

Level WifeWasFactionHeir
       Description WifeWasFactionHeir_desc
       EffectsDescription WifeWasFactionHeir_effects_desc
       Threshold 1 

Level WifeIsFactionHeir
       Description WifeIsFactionHeir_desc
       EffectsDescription WifeIsFactionHeir_effects_desc
       Threshold 2
    Code:
    Trigger valid_heir_43 ; Characters who marry such daughters are given a trait telling the game they did that
     WhenToTest CharacterMarriesPrincess

Condition SpouseTrait PrincessFactionHeir = 1

Affects WifeIsFactionHeir 1 Chance 100

Trigger valid_heir_5 ; Biological sons of men married to daughters of valid claimants receive automatic weak claims if not in republic
     WhenToTest CharacterComesOfAge

Condition FatherTrait WifeIsFactionHeir = 1
         and Trait Usurper = 0
         and Trait BastardSon  = 0
         and Trait WeakClaimant = 0

Affects WeakClaimant 1 Chance 100
    Trigger valid_heir_41b ; Daughters of claimants give their claims to their children
     WhenToTest CharacterTurnStart

Condition FatherTrait WifeIsFactionHeir > 0
        and AgentType = princess
        and Trait PrincessWeakFactionHeir = 0

Affects PrincessWeakFactionHeir 1 Chance 100
    Interesting, so the description doesn't accurately depict the trait?

Interesting, so the description doesn't accurately depict the trait?
    It doesn't. I've changed it somehow for the next version.

Thanks Jurand for at least testing it, and thanks Macaras for the solution, not the best of solutions but a solution nonetheless, besides it gets rid of those pesky Rums

Foederatus

0981 fixes coming up soon, or are you working on sth specific for the next update?
    asking for a friend :-p

Quote Originally Posted by Asake View Post
    0981 fixes coming up soon, or are you working on sth specific for the next update?
    asking for a friend :-p
    Actually we're working on a new "one-folder" version of 0.98, and it should come soon: Jurand merged all the team's works and I'm putting the build through various checkers and fixing small stuff here and there.

No major breakthrough from the previous April version, but a steady progress and improvements!
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    Actually we're working on a new "one-folder" version of 0.98, and it should come soon: Jurand merged all the team's works and I'm putting the build through various checkers and fixing small stuff here and there.

No major breakthrough from the previous April version, but a steady progress and improvements!
    Good to know waiting for it

Something weird just happened, Im playing Byzantium and masons guild builded a small catholic church for me in Caesarea
    https://ibb.co/ZBh1Lgf
    https://ibb.co/g4pg9sQ

Quote Originally Posted by Tomek2000s View Post
    Something weird just happened, Im playing Byzantium and masons guild builded a small catholic church for me in Caesarea
    https://ibb.co/ZBh1Lgf
    https://ibb.co/g4pg9sQ
    it's an interesting bug indeed, thanks - we'll have a look why it may happens and how to warn player / prevent it.

@Tomek2000s: Thanks for the report!

@Jurand: I had a quick look at descr_missions, didn't find anything suspicious but I don't know the file well.
    It seems to me there's only the rewards coded here, not the gifts.
    I'm reading this to see if I finde somehing: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ide-for-Guilds
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Can some one explain the evolution script for the byzantine pronoia?