Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHIP v. 098 - archive of discussion during testing

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: SSHIP_098 April 7th 2022 - for testing

My experience with Pisa in VH/VH is really very pleasant with many twists and turns. I only had one crash at the end of the battle which did not happen again after restarting it (which incidentally allowed me to save the life of my heir who had succumbed to this one)
    Overall the game seems well balanced.

Some details of my campaign arrived now on turn 55 (year 1159):

I succeeded in allying myself with Venice and France to dissuade the Holy Germanic empire which made the war to me to extend its conquests in my territory.

My heir succeeded in a crusade against Halab, but his father the Podesta of Pisa died of old age shortly after taking the city. My heir becoming king, I wanted him to return to the capital; alas, his armada was surrounded by pirates near the island of Rhodes. They sank my fleet, but fortunately, my new sovereign had previously taken refuge on the island!
    A rescue fleet made up of 2 galleys, one of which is a war one, came to recover my king and his army...
    Alas! Once again alas! A new pirate attack this time sank my 2 armadas without the king and his men who could escape this time.

What could be improved:

1 - Aren't pirates a bit too powerful? They still sank me several galleys in 55 rpm including 2 galleys of war !

2 - The chosen heir was an adopted general who was already married... too bad, because my sovereign had two unmarried brothers and an unmarried 15-year-old son as well. Here is a missed opportunity to create a beautiful alliance by marriage!

I have now exceeded 72 rpm and I love my campaign with Pisa !
    My faction leader managed to take Tunis and crush the relief army (not without difficulty). I still have a territory to take before possessing what should entitle me to the crown. My king is also duke of Milan, I hope it's not a problem... also he would be stupid from his first features. Do the new traits take precedence over the old ones ?

Otherwise I redid the "crossbow militia" and "urban crossbow militia" units so that we can differentiate them in the game.
    What is curious is that the "urban crossbow militia" unit is actually the one "levy crossbowmen". I also gave this last name to the "soldier" line of the EDU as well as to the "armour_ug_models" line and also to the .mesh.
    My work and my tests continue !

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    I have now exceeded 72 rpm and I love my campaign with Pisa !
    Apparently Portugal, Pisa and also the Crusader States are the best facction on SSHIP. Very fun to play
    Fall of the Republic & Rise of the Empire: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...FRRE-mod-links

Hello, I have a question regarding the crown system - can only specific factions gain their crowns?

For example, do I have to be playing as Sicily in order to get the Italian crown? Or can any faction who conquers that territory get it?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by khatmar View Post
    Hello, I have a question regarding the crown system - can only specific factions gain their crowns?
    For example, do I have to be playing as Sicily in order to get the Italian crown? Or can any faction who conquers that territory get it?
    Only specific factions in in the previous versions - because in the ver. April 7th I've made a mistake and in a few cases one can get others' crowns as well. Is fixed in the new patch that's in gestation.

;========== Crown of SCANDINAVIA ==============================;

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger crown_denmark_Lands_Conquered
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEndInSettlement

Condition Trait Fit_Crown_denmark > 0
    and FactionType denmark
    and I_SettlementOwner Ribe = denmark
    and I_SettlementOwner Lund = denmark
    and I_SettlementOwner Visby = denmark
    and I_SettlementOwner Skara = denmark
    and I_SettlementOwner Sigtuna = denmark
    and I_SettlementOwner Roskilde = denmark
    and I_SettlementOwner Oslo = denmark
    and I_SettlementOwner Bergen = denmark
    and I_SettlementOwner Kalmar = denmark
    and I_SettlementOwner Lubeck = denmark
    and I_SettlementOwner Szczecin = denmark
    and I_SettlementOwner Kolyvan = denmark
    and I_SettlementOwner Turku = denmark

AcquireAncillary crown_scandinavia chance 100

Trigger crown_denmark_Legacy

Condition Trait Fit_Crown_denmark > 0
    and FactionType denmark
    and Trait Crownholder > 2
    and Trait Crownholder < 4

Trigger crown_denmark_AI

Condition not FactionIsLocal
    and Trait Fit_Crown_denmark > 0
    and FactionType denmark
    and I_SettlementOwner Ribe = denmark
    and I_SettlementOwner Lund = denmark
    and I_SettlementOwner Skara = denmark
    and I_SettlementOwner Sigtuna = denmark
    and I_SettlementOwner Roskilde = denmark
    and I_SettlementOwner Oslo = denmark
    and I_SettlementOwner Bergen = denmark
    and I_SettlementOwner Kalmar = denmark
    and I_SettlementOwner Lubeck = denmark
    and not I_WorldwideAncillaryExists crown_scandinavia

Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; June 05, 2022 at 11:04 AM.

Izualik's Avatar Foederatus

Feedback from my 200 turns into France gameplay:
    - for 200 turns not a single CTD or any error;
    - not sure if it is bug, but the whole game I'm not able to secure any alliances. I mean with anyone even when I set it as very generous or add any amount of money
    - again not sure if it's bug, but pope hate me the whole. I am not able to secure more the 4-5 crosses in the pope stance even though I fulfill every his wish/mission and a I am not playing any aggressively

hey i cant download the mod because of mega limits. could you upload it to something else like mediafire please? so people like me can download it without problems

@Izualik: that's very good news ! The stability of the new version is indeed essential before its official publication.
    For AI, I know that @Macaras, @Belovèse and @Jurand of Cracow are constantly improving. Relevance of alliances and relations with the pope already have improvements being tested by the developers.

@Rasguer: the version uploaded on Mega is only 3.45 GB. There shouldn't be a limitation below 5 GB normally.

So far I have experienced only one CTD, in custom battle. It's a custom battle between Denmark and Norway, don't remember the map but it's something like "Russian Plains" or something like that. The CTD happens only if the composition of the two armies is in a specific way (x Mailed Knights, y Feudal Knights, z Huskarlar, etc). I also tried to change the configuration file and setting the swapBAI to false, but it doesn't help.

I tried to change the config_ai_battle file to an old version of SSHIP one, and the CTD doesn't happen anymore

After figuring out how to install .98 correctly, stability has been great. I have had a couple of instances of CTDs on the battlescape, fighting Sicily while playing as Pisa. Saves have been attached.
    • For 'Crash Attack Altavilla' the CTD occurs during battle with the Sicily force of Ermanno d'Altavilla by Bari, when I attack with either Stefano Visconti or Rosso Visconti. The CTD occurs a few minutes into the battle, and seems to happen regardless of which tile I attack from.
    • For 'Crash Attack Giacomo' a very similar CTD happens in battle when I attack Captain Giacomo near Bari with Brunaccio di natali. Again, the crash happens a few minutes after the battle starts.

My guess is some bug involving reinforcements, simply because in both cases there are reinforcing enemy armies and the crash happens a few minutes into the battle which is about when reinforcing units should be entering the battle.

Outside of these two cases I don't believe I've had any crashes after 174 turns of play, a huge improvement from .97. The team has done a great job here.

Bugs found:
    • The Albigensian Heresy popup keeps happening, turn after turn.
    • The Port with Dockyard building has a base cost of 1200 gold, which seems very low. I think an extra zero is missing here.

• While playing as Pisa, Venice attacks and fails to take Verona several times. They like to go to war with the HRE over Freiberg, as well as fighting Serbia and Hungary in the balkans. This makes it very easy for player-Pisa to take all of northern Italy, and lacking Verona weakens Venice significantly.
    • Similarly, Sicily struggles to take Napoli. When I played as Pisa, Napoli was still rebel at turn 20 after several failed attacks by Sicily, and Sicily was fighting the byzantines in the balkans.
    • Excommunications happen a lot, and the AI factions don't seem to care very much about avoiding it. I think this tends to benefit the stronger AI catholic factions (particularly the HRE), who are strong enough that they don't get dogpiled because they are so strong.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmalk View Post
    ...My guess is some bug involving reinforcements, simply because in both cases there are reinforcing enemy armies and the crash happens a few minutes into the battle which is about when reinforcing units should be entering the battle.

Bugs found:
    • The Albigensian Heresy popup keeps happening, turn after turn.
    • The Port with Dockyard building has a base cost of 1200 gold, which seems very low. I think an extra zero is missing here.

• While playing as Pisa, Venice attacks and fails to take Verona several times. They like to go to war with the HRE over Freiberg, as well as fighting Serbia and Hungary in the balkans. This makes it very easy for player-Pisa to take all of northern Italy, and lacking Verona weakens Venice significantly.
    • Similarly, Sicily struggles to take Napoli. When I played as Pisa, Napoli was still rebel at turn 20 after several failed attacks by Sicily, and Sicily was fighting the byzantines in the balkans.
    • Excommunications happen a lot, and the AI factions don't seem to care very much about avoiding it. I think this tends to benefit the stronger AI catholic factions (particularly the HRE), who are strong enough that they don't get dogpiled because they are so strong.
    Thanks for the feedback, @Fishmalk!
    crash - yes, I've heard about issues with reinforcement, tought luck.
    Albigensians - thanks, I've fixed it for the patch.
    Port - thanks, indeed 0 was missing.
    Venice & Verona - well, we've got a scripted siege for it but it may fail to fire in certain circumstances
    monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType venice and I_TurnNumber > 12

log --- Script start : venice siege Verona
    if not I_IsFactionAIControlled venice
    log ------ terminate monitor (player control the faction)
    terminate_monitor
    end_if

if I_TurnNumber = 13

if not I_SettlementOwner Verona = slave
    log ------ terminate monitor (settlement is controlled by another faction
    terminate_monitor
    end_if

if I_SettlementUnderSiege Verona
    log ------ terminate monitor (settlement is already under siege)
    terminate_monitor
    end_if

log ------ spawn army
    spawn_army
    faction venice
    character Raffiano Morosini, named character, age 33, x 158, y 172, family
    traits LoyaltyStarter 3 , ContentGeneral 2 , MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 3 , GoodCommander 3 , ReligionStarter 1 , BiologicalSon 1 , Handsome 8 , Intelligent 5
    unit SE Bodyguard exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Italian Cavalry Militia exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Dismounted Sword Mailed Knights exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Armored Sergeants exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Armored Sergeants exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Urban Spear Militia exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Urban Spear Militia exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Urban Crossbow Militia exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Urban Crossbow Militia exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    end
    log ------ siege settlement
    siege_settlement Raffiano Morosini, Verona, maintain
    end_if

if I_TurnNumber = 14
    log ------ attack settlement
    console_command auto_win attacker
    siege_settlement Raffiano Morosini, Verona, attack
    log ------ terminate monitor
    terminate_monitor
    end_if
    log ------ Script end
    end_monitor
    Sicily should take it... the initial garrison is not so big (although may be supplemented by fresh recruitment)
    ; NAPLEScharacter sub_faction sicily, Landolfo de_Napoli, named character, male, age 42, x 182, y 139
    traits LoyaltyStarter 1 , NaturalMilitarySkill 1 , MilitaryInclination 1 , ReligiousActivity 2 , ReligionStarter 1, GoodCommander 2 , HarshRuler 2 , StrategyChivalry 2
    army
    unit Sergeant Spearmen exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Mercenary Spearmen exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Urban Spear Militia exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Urban Spear Militia exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Urban Crossbow Militia exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Urban Crossbow Militia exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    yeah, excommunication is a problem. but non of us has modded it (I suppose, maybe @Macaras?). Still, it adds change to the game, perhaps is not detrimental to the player's experience.

yeah, excommunication is a problem. but non of us has modded it (I suppose, maybe @Macaras?). Still, it adds change to the game, perhaps is not detrimental to the player's experience.
    Yes, I lowered the number of excommunications already, but still they appear somewhat too much. In the next version of my AI I will lower the invasion priority even less when there is a cease hostilities mission from the Pope, should help a little.

So I'm 100 turns into a Kingdom of Aragon campaign, the stability its great. I've only experienced one CTD and it was during a battle, also I experienced one siege where all the enemy units were invisible, setting the medieval.exe to admin fixed it.

I have experienced a few broken mechanics and bugs.

The first being the "Resistance!" Spawned armies. When conquering Cordoba, Granada and Murcia from the Almoravids, instead of Moorish Resistance fighters it spawned neutral Portuguese armies. Very strange. Then they just wandered back to Portugal.

Also, I believe Cordoba's Unique Building + Theologian guilds (one in Cordoba and one in Zaragoza) is utterly broken. I'm on turn 92 i believe and I have 12 cardinals. Other factions have 0 or maybe 1 at most, every 5 turns I can build 2 new priests and they become instant cardinals as other factions have no priests. At this rate I will own the catholic church 70% of the game if i keep massing out priests as I'll have residual favor. Seems broken.

Also just general feedback, moors are entirely too weak, from crusade mechanic and just general not understanding how to properly navigate their armies they are easily overwhelmed and pushed out of Iberia vs a player thats not even trying.

One other thing is France is so focused on Barcelona its completely let paris, and other core French regions go to England. It sends all its best troops to attack my full garrison at Barcelona even know Paris' english garrison is 3 units.

Thank you for the fantastic mod. I am truly enjoying myself.

Foederatus

I just read the good news with a crashfree france playthrough, i wish i had the same with my england xD
    im around turn 50 and got at least 10+ end-turn or end-battle crashes so far
    loading the autosave solved it each time so far...

do you guys want the log in those cases? i can start sending them...
    love the mod

Quote Originally Posted by Hcktbone View Post
    The first being the "Resistance!" Spawned armies. When conquering Cordoba, Granada and Murcia from the Almoravids, instead of Moorish Resistance fighters it spawned neutral Portuguese armies. Very strange. Then they just wandered back to Portugal.

Also, I believe Cordoba's Unique Building + Theologian guilds (one in Cordoba and one in Zaragoza) is utterly broken. I'm on turn 92 i believe and I have 12 cardinals. Other factions have 0 or maybe 1 at most, every 5 turns I can build 2 new priests and they become instant cardinals as other factions have no priests. At this rate I will own the catholic church 70% of the game if i keep massing out priests as I'll have residual favor. Seems broken.

Also just general feedback, moors are entirely too weak, from crusade mechanic and just general not understanding how to properly navigate their armies they are easily overwhelmed and pushed out of Iberia vs a player thats not even trying.

One other thing is France is so focused on Barcelona its completely let paris, and other core French regions go to England. It sends all its best troops to attack my full garrison at Barcelona even know Paris' english garrison is 3 units.
    I'll have a look at Cordoba, thanks for the hint. So many cardinals is a sign or a bug indeed.

Thanks for the feedback on the AI behaviour. Really interesting to read it.
    France and Barcelona - didn't know it besides the AI leaving weak garrisons behind (this happens a lot).
    Moors already have a special mechanism to support them. Perhaps it's not enough...
    Code:
        ;======================================================================================================	;------- Berber Help for Moors  -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    	;======================================================================================================
    	; by JoC 2021

;====================================================================================================== Berber Help for Moors
    	; historically, two major events occured: the Almoravid and the Almohad invasions
    	; the goal is to provide some help to Almoravids if they have problems
    	; script is a replica of Turcoman Help for Rum script
    	; it does not have a time limit

monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart FactionType moors
    		and I_NumberOfSettlements moors < 5
    		and RandomPercent < 20
    		and I_EventCounter Berber_Help_for_Moors < 1

log -------------------- Script : Berber Help for Moors (1) INFORMATION ---------------------

historic_event BERBER_HELP_MOORS

log -------------------- Script : Berber Help for Moors (2) TERMINATION AFTER ? -- to be modified in the future

if I_NumberOfSettlements moors < 1
    			terminate_monitor
    		end_if

log -------------------- Script : Berber Help for Moors (3) FUNDING FOR THE ARMIES -----------

if I_EventCounter temp_purse_moors < 1			; in case it was increased somewhere else in the script
    			add_money moors 5000						; in case the faction is in debts and would disband the armies outright			
    			increment_kings_purse moors 5000			; to ensure the AI doesn't disband the armies for some time
    			inc_event_counter temp_purse_moors 21		; this counter goes down in another script and after 20 turns this additional income is removed
    		end_if

log -------------------- Script : Berber Help for Moors (4) SPAWN OF ARMIES ------------------

if RandomPercent > 80
    			log ------ spawn Ali ibn_Zuhr
    			spawn_army
    				faction moors
    				character	Ali ibn_Zuhr, named character, age 35, x 37, y 108
    				traits LoyaltyStarter 3 , MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 3 , GoodCommander 3 , ReligionStarter 1 , Handsome 7 , Intelligent 8 
    					unit		ME Bodyguard				exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit		Berber Light Cavalry		exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit		Berber Light Cavalry		exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit		Berber Light Cavalry		exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit		Berber Light Cavalry		exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0				
    					unit		Lamtuna Spearmen			exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit		Lamtuna Spearmen			exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit		Lamtuna Spearmen			exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit		Lamtuna Spearmen			exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0					
    					unit		Berber Javelinmen			exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit		Berber Javelinmen			exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit		Berber Archers				exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit		Berber Archers				exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit		Berber Archers				exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit		Berber Archers				exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0					
    			end

inc_event_counter Berber_Help_for_Moors 30		; it goes down in another script			
    		end_if

if RandomPercent > 60
    			log ------ spawn Mujahid ibn_Sayyid
    			spawn_army
    				faction moors
    				character	Mujahid ibn_Sayyid, named character, age 32, x 38, y 108
    				traits LoyaltyStarter 2 , MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 1 , GoodCommander 1 , ReligionStarter 1 , Handsome 6 , Intelligent 7 , GoodCavalryGeneral 2 , Miserly 2
    					unit		Berber Light Cavalry		exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    			end

end_if

if RandomPercent > 40
    			log ------ spawn Utba ibn_Ja_qub
    			spawn_army
    				faction moors
    				character	Utba ibn_Ja_qub, named character, age 28, x 39, y 108
    				traits LoyaltyStarter 2 , MilitaryInclination 1 , Military_Edu 1 , StrategyDread 3 , ReligionStarter 1 , Handsome 5 , Intelligent 5 , GoodCavalryGeneral 2 , Generous 2
    			end

end_if

log -------------------- Script :Berber Help for Moors (5) CHANGES IN DIPLOMACY & ADDITIONAL UNREST ------------------

; ------ SEVILLA

if I_SettlementOwner Sevilla = portugal
                console_command diplomatic_stance moors portugal war
    			add_settlement_turmoil Sevilla 8						; set public unrest to 40% - it will decrease over time				
            end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Sevilla = spain
                console_command diplomatic_stance moors spain war
    			add_settlement_turmoil Sevilla 8				
            end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Sevilla = aragon
                console_command diplomatic_stance moors aragon war
            end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Sevilla = france
                console_command diplomatic_stance moors france war
            end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Sevilla = england
                console_command diplomatic_stance moors england war
            end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Sevilla = hre
                console_command diplomatic_stance moors hre war
            end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Sevilla = pisa
                console_command diplomatic_stance moors pisa war
            end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Sevilla = sicily
                console_command diplomatic_stance moors sicily war
            end_if

; ------ GRANADA

if I_SettlementOwner Granada = portugal
    			add_settlement_turmoil Granada 8						; set public unrest to 40% - it will decrease over time				
            end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Granada = spain
    			add_settlement_turmoil Granada 8				
            end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Granada = aragon
            end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Granada = france
            end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Granada = england
            end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Granada = hre
            end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Granada = pisa
            end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Granada = sicily
            end_if

; ------ CORDOBA

if I_SettlementOwner Cordoba = portugal
    			add_settlement_turmoil Cordoba 8						; set public unrest to 40% - it will decrease over time				
            end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Cordoba = spain
    			add_settlement_turmoil Cordoba 8				
            end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Cordoba = aragon
            end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Cordoba = france
            end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Cordoba = england
            end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Cordoba = hre
            end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Cordoba = pisa
            end_if

if I_SettlementOwner Cordoba = sicily
            end_if

log -------------------- Script : Berber Help for Moors (6) END ------------------

end_monitor
    Cordoba et all - who the population is loyal to is a matter of chance. Also Portuguese armies may be spawned:
    Code:
    		log --- Cordoba AFTER CAPTURE ARMY SPAWN ----------------------------------------------------

if I_NumberOfSettlements spain > 0						; faction that the population is loyal to exists
    		and I_EventCounter faction_size_small == 0				; the conqueror is not a small faction
    		and RandomPercent < 66									; some randomness is always good
    		and I_EventCounter DifficultyLevel == 4	; only for H/VH difficulties
    		and I_EventCounter Cordoba_turns_in_our_realm > 47		; to avoid situation of spawning many armies in a loop situation (conquer-retake-conquer...)
    		and I_EventCounter faction_turn_spain == 0				;
    		and I_EventCounter leap_year_counter == 1				; unknown to whom the population would be loyal - to be updated once reforms for Spain are made

spawn_army
    				faction spain
    					character random_name, named character, age 37, x 40, y 120
                        traits CounterOfBattles 4, NaturalMilitarySkill 2 , GoodCommander 1 , Hardened 1 , StrategyDread 1 , Feck 4 , BattleScarred 3 , Xenophobia 3 ; F
    						unit	SE Bodyguard			exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    						unit	Jinetes					exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    						unit	Armored Swordsmen		exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    						unit	Sergeant Spearmen		exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    						unit	Almughavars				exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    						unit	Almughavars				exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    						unit	Axe Militia				exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    						unit	Axe Militia				exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    						unit	Urban Crossbow Militia	exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    						unit	Hunters					exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                end

if I_EventCounter is_the_player == 1
    				historic_event SETTLEMENT_CAPTURE_REBELLION
    			end_if

end_if

if I_NumberOfSettlements portugal > 0						; faction that the population is loyal to exists
    		and I_EventCounter faction_size_small == 0				; the conqueror is not a small faction
    		and I_EventCounter Cordoba_turns_in_our_realm > 47		; to avoid situation of spawning many armies in a loop situation (conquer-retake-conquer...)
    		and I_EventCounter faction_turn_portugal < 1			;
    		and I_EventCounter leap_year_counter == 2				; unknown to whom the population would be loyal - to be updated once reforms for Spain are made

spawn_army
    				faction portugal
                        traits CounterOfBattles 4, NaturalMilitarySkill 2 , GoodCommander 1 , Hardened 1 , StrategyDread 1 , Feck 4 , BattleScarred 3 , Xenophobia 3 ; F
    						unit	SE Bodyguard			exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    						unit	Jinetes					exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    						unit	Sergeant Spearmen		exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    						unit	Sergeant Spearmen		exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    						unit	Lusitanian Javelinmen	exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    						unit	Lusitanian Javelinmen	exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    						unit	Axe Militia				exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    						unit	Axe Militia				exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    						unit	Urban Crossbow Militia	exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    						unit	Hunters					exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0	
                end

end_if

end_if

if I_NumberOfSettlements moors > 0						; faction that the population is loyal to exists
    		and I_EventCounter faction_turn_moors == 0				;
    		and I_EventCounter leap_year_counter > 2				; unknown to whom the population would be loyal - to be updated once reforms for Spain are made

spawn_army
    				faction moors
    					unit		Dismounted Arab Cavalry		exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit		Dismounted Arab Cavalry		exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit		Lamtuna Spearmen			exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    					unit		Berber Archers				exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                end

end_if

Thanks for the reply. I can upload a save of game later if you want to see the cardinals in action. Also, my opinion would to keep eastern Iberia as Portuguese spawns, as they really benefit from the extra armies to survive, but keep Al-Andulus provinces to spawn moorish Resistance, as they could use the help.

On a side note, I love the Berber Warlord Rises script, that your team as implemented. The berber armies that spawn really caught me off guard and it was fun to face rather then the predictable naval assaults from Africa that I can easily repel with war galleys. We need more scripts such as these, they give the game flavour.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPistol View Post
    Every time I marry one of my princesses with an existing general, he gets the "wife disinherited" trait, even when they're part of the royal family (sometimes I marry cousins). Is this intentional?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I've gave a first review Princesses' traits some two years ago, and on my list I've got to review them thouroughly. So It may happen, thanks for pointing it out, I'll investigate once I'm back on this issue.
    Just an update to this: I still get the disinherited trait after marriage to a general UNLESS they are part of the mission where a general asks for a princess to marry. So it seems the game does not like it when a princess marries a faction general without the designated mission. I've been able to marry enemy generals and bring them to my side without trouble.

Hcktbone could you describe how did you got rid of Moors so easily ? I thought Aragon is one of the difficult factions to play, and it should not be so easy to focus on Moors, because of the Castile and France being a threat from other directions.. Of course if the game is one on one human vs AI, without other factions interfering, the latter has no chances. That's why the situation I want to achieve with AI is if you are not careful you should be attacked from other directions as well.

Constant crashes in my Eastern Roman campaign. Evertime I end my turn and after it goes through all the other factions movement in crashes going to turn 28.

Quote Originally Posted by Muramasa1794 View Post
    Constant crashes in my Eastern Roman campaign. Evertime I end my turn and after it goes through all the other factions movement in crashes going to turn 28.
    Do you have any software running in the background? The game seems very sensitive to this. I had CTDs that disappeared just because I closed my internet browser which I left open in the background.
    Give us your savegame so we can see if the same thing happens to us.