Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHIP v. 098 - archive of discussion during testing

Default Re: SSHIP_098 April 7th 2022 - for testing

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    ilnurMeft, I am not sure why this small armies appear. Are you using the default AI - Piter's? Because I was testing this one and my impression is always the opposite, the armies that are send are measured so that the AI has a chance to win. This three scutatoi would be send only if you have a small garrison. If you are using the Piter's ai I will try to find out whats the problem.
    I made no changes in the AI configuration file. The AI in the campaign is the one which is set by default.
    These 3-5 scoutatoi are measured by the game as stronger than an army of Serbian troops. My assumption is that Serbian units (which are all levies in early game) strength in auto-calc battles is grossly underestimated compared to that of the Romans, even when they sit in a stone castle.

Good morning,The first thing I wanted to share is my thanks to the mod's developers.I haven't played the mod in a year and admits that the newest twst versions 0.98 bring huge changes to the gameplay. The campaign is challenging, lots of new buildings and scripts.It's great to play. However, I would like to ask about the hotseat campaigns.Is it adapted to the game? With the ''Sword Brothers'', we noticed during the game that the very hard level only appears with the comunicat to the first player - the starting player, another one is normal difficulty. Armies do not desert with debt above 2500. AI makes strange wars like Pisa - the Papal State in 5th turn.Perhaps it is possible to quickly make some changes to make the hotseat like a campaign for one game?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Grathus View Post
    I would like to ask about the hotseat campaigns.Is it adapted to the game? With the ''Sword Brothers'', we noticed during the game that the very hard level only appears with the comunicat to the first player - the starting player, another one is normal difficulty. Armies do not desert with debt above 2500. AI makes strange wars like Pisa - the Papal State in 5th turn.Perhaps it is possible to quickly make some changes to make the hotseat like a campaign for one game?
    Hi Grathus,
    I admit having paid no attention to the HotSeat. I don't know how does it play out, coding was not adjusted.
    Mercenaries should desert with any debt higher than 500, but normal units will not be disbanded. The armies also do not desert in debt.
    Indeed a strange war Pisa vs the Papal state - maybe @Macaras would try pinpoint why.
    I don't think quick changes are possible, but I don't know to what extend they are needed. Most scrips should work as intended, I'd guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Hi Grathus,
    I admit having paid no attention to the HotSeat. I don't know how does it play out, coding was not adjusted.
    Mercenaries should desert with any debt higher than 500, but normal units will not be disbanded. The armies also do not desert in debt.
    Indeed a strange war Pisa vs the Papal state - maybe @Macaras would try pinpoint why.
    I don't think quick changes are possible, but I don't know to what extend they are needed. Most scrips should work as intended, I'd guess.

Thank you for Your response. I'd like to add that I tested the campaign a bit and after running the map and bin file cleaner before, the AI is better and harder to beat in the hotseat campaign. However, Pisa continues to attack the Papal State as I break my campaigns all over again, but this is only hotseat campaing problem.

PS: In the single player campaign: I'm amazed at the challenge level of playing Rus. I feel very grateful for the opportunity to play a refined mod. Thank You!
    Last edited by Grathus; April 11, 2022 at 08:02 AM.

I run a test and see that Rome rebelled ?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

So maybe somewhere there the problem appears- Pisa takes over Rome from the rebels, but then Rome rebels against Pisa, automatically joins papal state and the war starts?

I am not sure if this may be caused by some of the scripts, or changes descr_campaign? I don't think its related to ai, I didn't change anything regarding the papal states recently..
    I noticed that playing hotseat a different faction then Papal States- the Rome is ok. So maybe there is a faction that raises the rebelliousness of the human player cities, that was raised recently and this is the cause of problems with Papal State?
    Last edited by Macaras; April 11, 2022 at 10:28 AM.

In the single player campaign: I'm amazed at the challenge level of playing Rus. I feel very grateful for the opportunity to play a refined mod. Thank You!
    For Rus, I've created not one, but two special regional building lines (Lavra, Chude), five unique buildings (Zoloti Vorota, Hanseatic Kontor in Novgorod, three cathedrals), I've added a few rebel armies at the beginning, and adjusted things like fertility of provinces, or initial set of buildings. And first and foremost: the dynamic integration of provinces system, eg.:
    Code:
        ;============================================================================================================ 
       ;------------------------------------------------------------------------------  Polotsk Settlement Situation

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart SettlementName Polotsk

set_counter Polotsk_turmoil_points 0

log --- (.A.)   Polotsk Turmoil Points (for the Player) ------------------------------------------------

if I_EventCounter is_the_player == 1
            and I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm > 4 

if I_EventCounter FL_policy_protector < 1                    ; base unrest value - if no FL policy protector
                and I_EventCounter DifficultyLevel > 2                        ; Hard or Very Hard difficulty
                and I_EventCounter faction_size_small == 0                    ; 
                    inc_counter Polotsk_turmoil_points 2                        ; 2 for factions 4-9 settlements
                    if I_EventCounter faction_size_medium < 1                ; 
                        inc_counter Polotsk_turmoil_points 2                    ; 4 for factions 10-19 settlements
                        if I_EventCounter faction_size_large < 1            ;
                            inc_counter Polotsk_turmoil_points 2                ; 6 for factions 20+ settlements
                        end_if
                    end_if
                end_if

if I_EventCounter FL_is_crowned_ruler < 1                            ; FL is UNcrowned - it will be true for the most of the factions for a long time
                    inc_counter Polotsk_turmoil_points 4                                ; 4 for a home province
                    if I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 390
                        inc_counter Polotsk_turmoil_points 1
                        if I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 290                ; many provinces have initial 200, so they will have +2
                            if I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 190
                                if I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 90
                                    if I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 30
                                        inc_counter Polotsk_turmoil_points 1            ; +5 for a new conquered province
                                    end_if
                                end_if
                            end_if
                        end_if
                    end_if                
                end_if

if I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 480                                 ; province not yet integrated into our realm: 0-9
                    if I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 320
                        if I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 160
                            if I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 90
                                if I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 50
                                    if I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 25
                                        if I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 16
                                            if I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 12
                                                if I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 8    ; right after capture: 9
                                                end_if
                                            end_if
                                        end_if
                                    end_if
                                end_if
                            end_if
                        end_if
                    end_if
                end_if        

if I_EventCounter FL_policy_greedy_ruler > 0                ; people hate greedy FL
                and I_EventCounter DifficultyLevel == 4                        ; Very Hard difficulty
                and I_EventCounter faction_size_small == 0                    ; doesn't matter for small factions - everybody knows him
                    inc_counter Polotsk_turmoil_points 3                        ; 3+3
                    if I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 300
                        if I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 200
                            if I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 100
                            end_if
                        end_if
                    end_if
                end_if

if I_EventCounter FL_weak_on_the_throne > 0                    ; weak FL (low authority or weak usurper)
                and I_EventCounter faction_size_small == 0                    ; doesn't matter for small factions
                    inc_counter Polotsk_turmoil_points 5                        ; 5+5
                    if I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 440
                        if I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 340
                            if I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 240
                                if I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 140
                                    if I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 40
                                    end_if
                                end_if
                            end_if
                        end_if
                    end_if                
                end_if

if I_EventCounter FL_player_is_new_this_turn > 0            ; (one-off) shock for the kingdom: FL died
                and I_EventCounter faction_size_small == 0                    ; doesn't matter for small factions            
                    inc_counter Polotsk_turmoil_points 10                        ; 10+10
                    if I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 450
                        inc_counter Polotsk_turmoil_points 2
                        if I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 350
                            if I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 250
                                if I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 150
                                    if I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 50
                                    end_if
                                end_if
                            end_if
                        end_if
                    end_if                
                end_if

if I_EventCounter player_aggressivity > 6                    ; (conquest of 1 settlement adds 3-18 aggressivity pts., usually 12)
                    inc_counter Polotsk_turmoil_points 4
                    if I_EventCounter player_aggressivity > 12
                        inc_counter Polotsk_turmoil_points 8
                        if I_EventCounter player_aggressivity > 24
                            inc_counter Polotsk_turmoil_points 16                ; cumulative, so levels of turmoi points: 4-12-28
                        end_if
                    end_if
                end_if

end_if

log --- (.B.)   Polotsk Turmoil Points (for AI) ---------------------------------------------------

if I_EventCounter is_the_player == 0

set_event_counter Polotsk_is_owned_by_AI 1
                set_event_counter Polotsk_is_owned_by_player 0

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_kievan_rus == 0
                and I_EventCounter faction_turn_russia == 0
                and I_EventCounter faction_turn_poland == 0
                and I_EventCounter faction_turn_lithuania == 0
                and I_EventCounter faction_size_small == 0
                   inc_counter Polotsk_turmoil_points 20
                end_if

if I_EventCounter FL_weak_on_the_throne > 0
                   inc_counter Polotsk_turmoil_points 10
                end_if

end_if

log --- (.C.)   Polotsk Turmoil Points Translated Into Unrest --------------------------------------

if I_CompareCounter Polotsk_turmoil_points > 5
                add_settlement_turmoil Polotsk 1
                if I_CompareCounter Polotsk_turmoil_points > 10
                    add_settlement_turmoil Polotsk 2
                    if I_CompareCounter Polotsk_turmoil_points > 15
                        add_settlement_turmoil Polotsk 3
                        if I_CompareCounter Polotsk_turmoil_points > 20
                            add_settlement_turmoil Polotsk 4
                            if I_CompareCounter Polotsk_turmoil_points > 25
                                add_settlement_turmoil Polotsk 5
                                if I_CompareCounter Polotsk_turmoil_points > 30
                                    add_settlement_turmoil Polotsk 6
                                    if I_CompareCounter Polotsk_turmoil_points > 35
                                        add_settlement_turmoil Polotsk 7
                                        if I_CompareCounter Polotsk_turmoil_points > 40
                                            add_settlement_turmoil Polotsk 8
                                            if I_CompareCounter Polotsk_turmoil_points > 45
                                                add_settlement_turmoil Polotsk 9
                                                if I_CompareCounter Polotsk_turmoil_points > 50
                                                    add_settlement_turmoil Polotsk 10
                                                    if I_CompareCounter Polotsk_turmoil_points > 55
                                                        add_settlement_turmoil Polotsk 11
                                                        if I_CompareCounter Polotsk_turmoil_points > 60
                                                            add_settlement_turmoil Polotsk 12
                                                        end_if
                                                    end_if
                                                end_if
                                            end_if
                                        end_if
                                    end_if
                                end_if
                            end_if
                        end_if
                    end_if
                end_if
            end_if            

log --- (.D.)   Polotsk Integration Impact on Religious Change Speed --------------------------------         

set_owner_founding_conversion_rate Polotsk 0.005            ; Religious Change Speed: 0.005
                if I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 500
                and I_EventCounter FL_policy_strictly_religious < 1        ; this policy nullifies the non-integration effect
                    set_owner_founding_conversion_rate Polotsk 0.004            ; Religious Change Speed: 0.004
                    if I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 400
                        set_owner_founding_conversion_rate Polotsk 0.003            ; Religious Change Speed: 0.003
                        if I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 300
                            set_owner_founding_conversion_rate Polotsk 0.002            ; Religious Change Speed: 0.002
                            if I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 200
                                set_owner_founding_conversion_rate Polotsk 0.001            ; Religious Change Speed: 0.001
                            end_if
                        end_if
                    end_if
                end_if

log --- (.E.)   Polotsk Integration Process ------------------------------------------------------

if    I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 560

if I_EventCounter FL_weak_on_the_throne == 0                    ; natural integration process but not with a Usurper (thus not during a civil war either)
                    inc_event_counter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm 1
                end_if

if I_EventCounter FL_is_crowned_ruler == 1                    ; if the owner's faction FL has the crown
                    inc_event_counter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm 1            ; integration is faster
                end_if

if I_EventCounter FL_policy_thinks_of_his_people == 1        ; if FL pursues a conducive policy
                    inc_event_counter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm 1            ; integration is faster
                end_if

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_poland > 0                    ; this faction 
                and I_EventCounter poland7_golden_age_player > 0            ; has special circumstances 
                and I_EventCounter FL_weak_on_the_throne == 0            
                    inc_event_counter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm 1            ; that allow faster integration
                end_if

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_russia > 0                    ; this province is a core province of this faction
                and I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 500
                    set_event_counter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm 500        ; already partly integrated
                end_if

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_kievan_rus > 0                ; this province is a core province of this faction
                and I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 200
                    set_event_counter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm 200        ; already partly integrated
                end_if

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_lithuania > 0                ; this province is a core province of this faction
                and I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 200
                    set_event_counter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm 200        ; already partly integrated
                end_if

end_if

log --- (.F.)   Polotsk Infos & Counters for the Player ----------------------------------------

if I_EventCounter is_the_player == 1

set_event_counter Polotsk_is_owned_by_player 1
                set_event_counter Polotsk_is_owned_by_AI 0

set_event_counter FL_player_is_new_this_turn 0

if I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm > 5
                and I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 7
                    historic_event SETTLEMENT_UNREST_NORMAL_RULES_POLOTSK
                end_if    
                if I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm > 197
                and I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 199
                    historic_event SETTLEMENT_UNREST_INTEGRATED_POLOTSK
                end_if
                if I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm > 487
                and I_EventCounter Polotsk_turns_in_our_realm < 489
                    historic_event SETTLEMENT_UNREST_INTEGRATED_POLOTSK
                end_if
            end_if    

end_monitor
    It would be great if you'd post a few pics from your campaing. A save would also be helpful for us to analyse how the mods behaves.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; April 11, 2022 at 01:59 PM.

Thank you for your replies, gentlemen!

First I would like to refer to the hotseat campaign.
    I checked the behavior of AI and Pisa's attack on the Papal State is not due to the rebellion of Rome. Pisa just blocked the Papal Port(6th turn).
    This happens when I choose Egypt to play, when it is not there, it is ok.
    However, when Hungary is chosen to play, Venice attacks HRE with the general himself (3rd turn). In this case, it is the same that if Hungary is not elected, such an incident does not occur.
    Choosing a hotseat campaign has to somehow influence AI decisions.

As for the campaign (single player) Rus, it is early game, but there are some incredibly interesting things on the map. A large selection of new buildings is really happy . It looks like AI is playing very well
    Below is a link with my save game.

By the way, I wanted to report that during the Battle of Chernihiv sige battle, there is always an error and throws it to the desktop.

Thanks again for your replies.

save game:

http://files.fm/f/b97874c2p

Pisa just blocked the Papal Port(6th turn).
    Rus, it is early game, but there are some incredibly interesting things on the map.
    By the way, I wanted to report that during the Battle of Chernihiv sige battle, there is always an error and throws it to the desktop.
    Hi Grathus,
    thanks for the save, we'll have a look with interests.
    Yeah, perhaps @Macaras should review the mechanisms making a faction blocking a port. There may lie a solution. @Macaras - maybe you'd consult @Lustianio, he's an expert in this matters, he once offered us to introduce his script for naval raids he had prepared for the EBII.
    Map - additionally, for the SSHIP 097-8 the resources were screened and improved as well.
    Chernihiv - if you read / watch the news, you see that Chernihiv is an utterly touch nut to cracks and the Russian Army has just failed to conquer it. They experienced exactly the same: any attack proved to be an error and they were thrown back to their starting positions. Perhaps the First Tank Brigade of the Ukrainian Army is there also in our mod? These guys are cyborgs, battleworth a corps of the Russian army.

I'm honestly shocked how much more prone to crashing the mod is compared to EB2 or even EB1, despite both of these being vastly more ambitious total conversion projects. Is there no way that the source of crashes could be discovered by referencing things that EB 2 did not change, but SSHIP had, if any of them actually exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Hi Grathus,
    thanks for the save, we'll have a look with interests.
    Yeah, perhaps @Macaras should review the mechanisms making a faction blocking a port. There may lie a solution. @Macaras - maybe you'd consult @Lustianio, he's an expert in this matters, he once offered us to introduce his script for naval raids he had prepared for the EBII.
    Map - additionally, for the SSHIP 097-8 the resources were screened and improved as well.
    Chernihiv - if you read / watch the news, you see that Chernihiv is an utterly touch nut to cracks and the Russian Army has just failed to conquer it. They experienced exactly the same: any attack proved to be an error and they were thrown back to their starting positions. Perhaps the First Tank Brigade of the Ukrainian Army is there also in our mod? These guys are cyborgs, battleworth a corps of the Russian army.

Hi Jurand of Cracow,

Now I understand my mistake. The Russians, having a modern army, were repelled by First Tank Brigade of Ukraine Army.
    I tried to take the city by chewing on axes and spears...
    Foolish Me!

Quote Originally Posted by nvm View Post
    I'm honestly shocked how much more prone to crashing the mod is compared to EB2 or even EB1, despite both of these being vastly more ambitious total conversion projects. Is there no way that the source of crashes could be discovered by referencing things that EB 2 did not change, but SSHIP had, if any of them actually exist?
    I experience no crashes whatsoever... I've also had heard about a few player also having seen one or two crashes in 100 turns. It seems it's quite different from what was happened a year ago. I'd assume the problem is not in the mod, but in the settings / programs working in the background / other pecularities of your system.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

As for the campaign (single player) Rus, it is early game, but there are some incredibly interesting things on the map. A large selection of new buildings is really happy . It looks like AI is playing very well
    Below is a link with my save game.
    Thanks again for your replies.
    save game:
    http://files.fm/f/b97874c2p
    I indeed tried 2 times to execute this battle of Chernigov and the game crashes after some time... when the camera moves towards the city.
    Here are some shots before the CTD:

Here is also an extract of the 2 logs after the crashes:
    Log 1
    2022.04.12 18:45

ods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.159 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 37599 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.159 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_counter> at line 37599 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.159 [game.script.counter] [trace] counter <a2u7_status> = 0
    18:40:58.159 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 37604 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.159 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 37754 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.159 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 37755 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.159 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 37764 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.159 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 37765 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.159 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 37768 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.159 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 37774 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.159 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 37779 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.159 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 37781 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.159 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 37790 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.160 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 37799 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.160 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 37808 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.160 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 37817 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.160 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 37826 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.160 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 37835 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.160 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 37844 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.160 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 37853 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.160 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 37862 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.160 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 37871 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.160 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 37880 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.160 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 37889 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.160 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 37898 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.160 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 37907 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.160 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 37915 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.160 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 37929 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.160 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 38104 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.160 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 38279 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.160 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 38454 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.160 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 38629 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.160 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 38804 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.160 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 38979 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.160 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 39154 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.161 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 39329 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.161 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 39504 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.161 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 39679 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.161 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 39854 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.161 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <battle_wait> at line 40026 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:40:58.161 [game.script.timer.battle] [trace] Battle timer started 10.00 @ 448, line number 40026
    18:40:59.364 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

On the 2nd log there seems to be a bug on the palisade side. Bad coding ?
    Log 2
    2022.04.12 19:22

19:18:29.280 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/BlockSet/Textures/faction_variations/kievan_rus/NE_large_wooden_palisade_normal.texture
    19:18:29.280 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/BlockSet/Textures/faction_variations/kievan_rus/NE_large_wooden_palisade_normal.texture
    19:18:29.280 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/BlockSet/Textures/NE_large_wooden_palisade_normal.texture
    19:18:29.280 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/BlockSet/Textures/NE_large_wooden_palisade_normal.texture
    19:18:36.986 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/generic/eventpics/battle_capturebuilding.tga
    19:18:36.986 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/eastern_european/eventpics/battle_capturebuilding.tga (from: H:\Europa barbarorum)
    19:18:36.987 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/eastern_european/eventpics/battle_capturebuilding.tga.dds
    19:18:36.987 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/eastern_european/eventpics/battle_capturebuilding.tga (from: H:\Europa barbarorum)
    19:18:36.987 [system.io] [trace] file open,,5D83A970,217308
    19:18:36.987 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/eastern_european/eventpics/battle_capturebuilding.tga (from: H:\Europa barbarorum)
    19:18:36.987 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 28838 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    19:18:36.987 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 28862 in mods/SSHIP_098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    19:18:37.986 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/kievan_rus/Faction_banner_rebels.texture
    19:18:37.986 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/faction_variations/kievan_rus/Faction_banner_rebels.texture
    19:18:37.986 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_rebels.texture
    19:18:37.986 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_rebels.texture
    19:18:37.986 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/kievan_rus/Faction_banner_rebels_trans.texture
    19:18:37.986 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/faction_variations/kievan_rus/Faction_banner_rebels_trans.texture
    19:18:37.986 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_rebels_trans.texture
    19:18:37.986 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_rebels_trans.texture
    19:18:38.487 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/kievan_rus/Faction_banner_rebels.texture
    19:18:38.487 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/faction_variations/kievan_rus/Faction_banner_rebels.texture
    19:18:38.487 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_rebels.texture
    19:18:38.487 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_rebels.texture
    19:18:38.487 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/banners/textures/faction_variations/kievan_rus/Faction_banner_rebels_trans.texture
    19:18:38.487 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/banners/textures/faction_variations/kievan_rus/Faction_banner_rebels_trans.texture
    19:18:38.487 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_rebels_trans.texture
    19:18:38.487 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/banners/textures/Faction_banner_rebels_trans.texture
    19:18:46.343 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/unit_info/slave/Junior_Militia_info.tga
    19:18:46.343 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/unit_info/slave/Junior_Militia_info.tga
    19:18:46.343 [data.missing] [warning] Missing unit image data/ui/unit_info/slave/Junior_Militia_info.tga
    19:18:46.343 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/generic/generic_unit_info.tga
    19:18:46.343 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/ui/generic/generic_unit_info.tga,,not found
    19:18:46.343 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_2.pack,data/ui/generic/generic_unit_info.tga,134444
    19:18:46.343 [system.io] [info] open: found data/ui/generic/generic_unit_info.tga (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    19:18:46.344 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/ui/generic/generic_unit_info.tga,,,-134444
    19:18:46.344 [system.io] [trace] file open,,data/ui/generic/generic_unit_info.tga,,not found
    19:18:46.344 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_2.pack,data/ui/generic/generic_unit_info.tga,134444
    19:18:46.344 [system.io] [info] open: found data/ui/generic/generic_unit_info.tga (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    19:18:46.344 [system.io] [trace] pack data(),,data/ui/generic/generic_unit_info.tga,,,134444
    19:18:46.345 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/ui/generic/generic_unit_info.tga,,,-134444
    19:18:49.696 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/eastern_european/eventpics/battle_capturebuilding.tga,217308
    19:18:49.696 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/eastern_european/eventpics/battle_capturebuilding.tga (from: H:\Europa barbarorum)
    19:18:49.696 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/eastern_european/eventpics/battle_capturebuilding.tga,217308
    19:18:49.696 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/SSHIP_098/data/ui/eastern_european/eventpics/battle_capturebuilding.tga (from: H:\Europa barbarorum)
    19:19:04.544 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

I also notice a difference between the unit icon of the eastern spearmen and that of the previous version of the mod.
    Actual version

Previous version

I also note - but this absence is also present in the previous version - that the rebel units below have neither information nor unit card.
    No unit card, no info for rebels eastern spearmen

No info for rebels Junior militia
    Last edited by kostic; April 12, 2022 at 01:06 PM.

ad 1 - well, that's a problem. I have no expertise in this part of the code, saddly...
    ad 2 - this is because this unit has been stripped of mercenary_attribute and uses icons from the faction's folder, not mercs.
    ad 3 - same here, the problem is: the slave faction doesn't have those icon and pic (I wonder if the model is there? It's your business, @kostic :-)

@Kostic

ad 1: can you send your save file so I try it? You're on the version that is in moddb right?
    What is strange is that in the second log the game is looking for some events pics in the Europa Barbarorum folder

ad 3: I'm a bit rusty, but I think the pics needs to be copied to the slave unit card folder
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

@jurand : For point 2, your explanation surprises me. Indeed, on the previous version, the "smolensk infantry" (Eastern Spearmen) unit no longer has the mercenary attribute. For kyiv, Novgorod and Poland, the icons have all 3 changed with the new version. I don't really mind but it's like you changed the "ui/units" folder.

For point 3, I can correct it myself indeed.

@Belovèse : The backup to be tested is in the message from Grathus.

Ok sship developers, looking at some features in the new version 0.98 of sship mod I have found some bugs/issues or things to improve, I also tell you some proposals that when you have time it would be possible to make them:

-MOORS
    I have seen the new "Alcazar" building and the truth is that it is great and historic to have it in these Iberian lands, in addition to the fact that the Muslims in Spain built many because of the frequent disputes or "razzias" between Christians and Moors.
    -I have realized that they still do not have the text descriptions done, for the Alcazar of Tunis there is no image (a blank photo comes out), and I think that for the Moors it would be good to recruit an infantry unit and a cavalry unit in this military building such as "Berber spearmen" and "Berber light cavalry".
    -Andalusian troops cannot be recruited in Andalusian cities, I have only seen the andalusian spearmen, I have not seen the andalusian archers (I don't know if they have been eliminated) although a unit called "Andalusian militia" should be created with crossbows, shields and swords, the Andalusian units should be an AOR unit for all Andalusia (southern Spain) and that can also be recruited in the cities, not only in the castles.
    These units should replace the "andah militia" of the Moors at least in Andalusia. This would make the Moors have a more unique unit roster made up of Berbers, Andalusians and few troops of Arab origin. Differentiate yourself from the rest of the Muslim factions and not have the generic armies of "andath militia"

-In the settlement of Valencia you can recruit basque archers, this is NOT historical. Basque archers should only be recruited in the Pamplona region and at most in neighboring Burgos and Zaragoza.

-FATIMIES(EGYPT)
    It is the same case as the Moors in terms of their regional units, the black African troops are not available to recruit them, perhaps it is due to the elimination of the old building chain (mercenary barracks), where in Cairo and other settlements such as the most South of Egypt you could recruit black african troops (sudanese warriors, african spearmen, african javalinmen, african archers). These units make the Egyptian unit roster more unique just as the Andalusian and Berber troops make the Moorish unit roster more unique.

-I have observed the same with the Abbasids and Selyuks in their unit roster but with the Persian units.

-ENGLAND AND SICILY

I have noticed that you have changed the city of York for a castle, why is this? Supposedly York was one of the most important cities of that time along with London...

- I have already seen that the Norman units can be recruited both in Sicily and in England, it is a good choice, I commented long ago that they should be regional units focused on the south of Sicily, Normandy and southern England.

- Another point would be that the Welsh Archers were available at the beginning of the game in Wales together with the welsh spearmen(regional unit), therefore it would be a valuable enclave to conquer to obtain these valuable archers, in another post I gave information that already in the s.XII and long before there was evidence of the use of the longbow especially in Wales.

-For the English faction it would be nice to create a unique wonder, perhaps the Tower of London, or as the last level of gallows chain ( gallows- prison- prison complex- Tower of London), this unique building was very important in the Middle Ages for the Englishmen and a symbol of royal power.

-SEVERAL PROPOSALS FOR NEW VERSION OF SSHIP

-Add religion shia islamic( egypt) and jew religion with Jewish communities( new building chain) if is possible
    -Italian colonies (regional buildings for Pisa, Venice and maybe Sicilians) and important settlements that were related to the Italian commercial colonies such as the famous Genoese, Pisan and Venetian neighborhoods in Constantinople
    -Byzantine recruitment, in general, has improved a lot, especially that now the Varangian guard and cataphracts can be recruited in Constantinople, making it more unique, what happens is that I cannot see where mercenary units such as latinikon, vardatorai can be recruited
    -Unique universities (Jurand said some time ago that he wanted to have unique universities like Bologna, Paris or Constantinople)
    -Single ports (Venice, Constantinople...) It would be the same as the single university proposal but for the most important ports and factions with a naval tradition in the Middle Ages (Byzantines, Venetians, Cairo?, Danes?)
    -Slave markets now I have seen that they can be built by all the Muslim factions anywhere, it is a good choice although I do not understand a part of the description, you need them to recruit ghulams and mamluks???
    - With the commercial caravans (building) some time ago I made a proposal about adding more units to its different levels. First level- 1 unit of bedouin infantry / Second level- 2 units bedouin infantry and 1 bedouin cavalry/ Third level- 2 Bedouin infantry, 2 Bedouin cavalry, 1 Bedouin camel riders. This would be more eye-catching in-game to have these units in these locations and historical because these trade caravans were usually guarded by locals or Bedouin.
    - and well the last thing is that as I said, when I have more free time I will continue with my improvements in descr units and descriptions of historical units so that you can include it in the new versions and help you with this part

* This is a small review of some factions that I have been able to see briefly playing the new version, when I have more time I will play campaigns again and I will keep you informed.
    I hope not to be tedious and help you as much as possible to improve, I know that my English is not the best and sometimes my vocabulary can be confused, but all these things are proposals and questions.

I usually love the new version with all the new things it brings and its historical balance!!!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Erzurum ( Qaliqala) - Is raised in the air and meditates

Flying city
    Last edited by Khevsur; April 16, 2022 at 11:14 AM.

Yes! That has been my experience too. The walls are up in the air, so I can’t position archers on them. Impossible to use siege towers and ladders too. Lol

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

The battles are unbalanced. Spearmens very easily escape from the battlefield. Georgian spearmens with a wall of shields and small teams were very dangerous for enemy cavalry. The positive side of Georgian warriors has always been close combat, best possession of spear and sword. Georgian warriors was a good infantry . but it was difficult to fight the nomadic cavalry. I think this will improve in the future. Now the game is in test mode

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Ok sship developers, looking at some features in the new version 0.98 of sship mod I have found some bugs/issues or things to improve, I also tell you some proposals that when you have time it would be possible to make them:

-MOORS
    I have seen the new "Alcazar" building and the truth is that it is great and historic to have it in these Iberian lands, in addition to the fact that the Muslims in Spain built many because of the frequent disputes or "razzias" between Christians and Moors.
    -I have realized that they still do not have the text descriptions done, for the Alcazar of Tunis there is no image (a blank photo comes out), and I think that for the Moors it would be good to recruit an infantry unit and a cavalry unit in this military building such as "Berber spearmen" and "Berber light cavalry".
    -Andalusian troops cannot be recruited in Andalusian cities, I have only seen the andalusian spearmen, I have not seen the andalusian archers (I don't know if they have been eliminated) although a unit called "Andalusian militia" should be created with crossbows, shields and swords, the Andalusian units should be an AOR unit for all Andalusia (southern Spain) and that can also be recruited in the cities, not only in the castles.
    These units should replace the "andah militia" of the Moors at least in Andalusia. This would make the Moors have a more unique unit roster made up of Berbers, Andalusians and few troops of Arab origin. Differentiate yourself from the rest of the Muslim factions and not have the generic armies of "andath militia"

-In the settlement of Valencia you can recruit basque archers, this is NOT historical. Basque archers should only be recruited in the Pamplona region and at most in neighboring Burgos and Zaragoza.

-FATIMIES(EGYPT)
    It is the same case as the Moors in terms of their regional units, the black African troops are not available to recruit them, perhaps it is due to the elimination of the old building chain (mercenary barracks), where in Cairo and other settlements such as the most South of Egypt you could recruit black african troops (sudanese warriors, african spearmen, african javalinmen, african archers). These units make the Egyptian unit roster more unique just as the Andalusian and Berber troops make the Moorish unit roster more unique.

-I have observed the same with the Abbasids and Selyuks in their unit roster but with the Persian units.

-ENGLAND AND SICILY

I have noticed that you have changed the city of York for a castle, why is this? Supposedly York was one of the most important cities of that time along with London...

- I have already seen that the Norman units can be recruited both in Sicily and in England, it is a good choice, I commented long ago that they should be regional units focused on the south of Sicily, Normandy and southern England.

- Another point would be that the Welsh Archers were available at the beginning of the game in Wales together with the welsh spearmen(regional unit), therefore it would be a valuable enclave to conquer to obtain these valuable archers, in another post I gave information that already in the s.XII and long before there was evidence of the use of the longbow especially in Wales.

-For the English faction it would be nice to create a unique wonder, perhaps the Tower of London, or as the last level of gallows chain ( gallows- prison- prison complex- Tower of London), this unique building was very important in the Middle Ages for the Englishmen and a symbol of royal power.

-SEVERAL PROPOSALS FOR NEW VERSION OF SSHIP

-Add religion shia islamic( egypt) and jew religion with Jewish communities( new building chain) if is possible
    -Italian colonies (regional buildings for Pisa, Venice and maybe Sicilians) and important settlements that were related to the Italian commercial colonies such as the famous Genoese, Pisan and Venetian neighborhoods in Constantinople
    -Byzantine recruitment, in general, has improved a lot, especially that now the Varangian guard and cataphracts can be recruited in Constantinople, making it more unique, what happens is that I cannot see where mercenary units such as latinikon, vardatorai can be recruited
    -Unique universities (Jurand said some time ago that he wanted to have unique universities like Bologna, Paris or Constantinople)
    -Single ports (Venice, Constantinople...) It would be the same as the single university proposal but for the most important ports and factions with a naval tradition in the Middle Ages (Byzantines, Venetians, Cairo?, Danes?)
    -Slave markets now I have seen that they can be built by all the Muslim factions anywhere, it is a good choice although I do not understand a part of the description, you need them to recruit ghulams and mamluks???
    - With the commercial caravans (building) some time ago I made a proposal about adding more units to its different levels. First level- 1 unit of bedouin infantry / Second level- 2 units bedouin infantry and 1 bedouin cavalry/ Third level- 2 Bedouin infantry, 2 Bedouin cavalry, 1 Bedouin camel riders. This would be more eye-catching in-game to have these units in these locations and historical because these trade caravans were usually guarded by locals or Bedouin.
    - and well the last thing is that as I said, when I have more free time I will continue with my improvements in descr units and descriptions of historical units so that you can include it in the new versions and help you with this part

* This is a small review of some factions that I have been able to see briefly playing the new version, when I have more time I will play campaigns again and I will keep you informed.
    I hope not to be tedious and help you as much as possible to improve, I know that my English is not the best and sometimes my vocabulary can be confused, but all these things are proposals and questions.

I usually love the new version with all the new things it brings and its historical balance!!!
    eii sship developers I would like you to give me your opinion regarding my previous remark about the missing units (Egyptians) and the other things I mentioned. I am currently reading and subscribing to some historical magazines that can be of great help for the mod.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW