Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: SSHIP v. 098 - archive of discussion during testing

Default Re: SSHIP_098 April 7th 2022 - for testing

Thank you, Jurand. I updated my post with my save file.

I was hoping to ask you something regarding the crown system. How can I get that? I fulfilled the conditions regarding provinces, my ruler is fit to rule and ready to crown. I have 20k+ crowns and my capital has a cathedral. But every turn I just get an uncrowned trait and a ready to be crowned. It is also in my save file, I provided. Could you please help me out? I really love the idea of the crown system, but I cant seem to get it.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by khatmar View Post
    I was hoping to ask you something regarding the crown system. How can I get that? I fulfilled the conditions regarding provinces, my ruler is fit to rule and ready to crown. I have 20k+ crowns and my capital has a cathedral. But every turn I just get an uncrowned trait and a ready to be crowned. It is also in my save file, I provided. Could you please help me out? I really love the idea of the crown system, but I cant seem to get it.
    Well, this is an unfinished business with Denmark. As you can see here (and also in the in-game pic), the Roskilde is the place that has to have cathedral.

Place of coronation: Roskilde (SSHIP 097: both DK and NO; in 098 also Bergen for Norway (Bergen: The city's cathedral was the site of the first royal coronation in Norway in the 1150s, and continued to host royal coronations throughout the 13th century.)
    ;------------------------------------------- 0->1 Trigger Crown_denmark_Fit
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEndInSettlement

Condition FactionIsLocal
    and FactionType denmark
    and IsFactionLeader
    and SettlementName Roskilde
    and SettlementBuildingExists >= cathedral
    and not IsUnderSiege
    and GovernorLoyaltyLevel > loyalty_disillusioned
    and Treasury > 20000
    and Trait Crownholder > 1
    and Trait Crownholder < 4

Affects Fit_Crown_denmark 1 Chance 100
    You can get it also in Jerusalem:
    ;------------------------------------------- 0->1 Jerusalem for the NE Catholic factions (this is the only trigger for KoJ)Trigger Crown_Fit_Jerusalem_NE
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEndInSettlement

Condition FactionIsLocal
    and IsFactionLeader
    and SettlementBuildingExists = holy_sepulchre_3_church ; coronation in Jerusalem, already large town level
    and not IsUnderSiege
    and GovernorLoyaltyLevel > loyalty_disillusioned
    and Treasury > 20000
    and Trait Crownholder > 1
    and Trait Crownholder < 4 ; if he's got alread a crown, he won't get another one
    and I_EventCounter faction_turn_northern_european = 1 ; limits a very rare situation of a FL of one faction getting crown of another faction

Affects Fit_Crown_jerusalem 1 Chance 100
    Affects Fit_Crown_france 1 Chance 100
    Affects Fit_Crown_england 1 Chance 100
    Affects Fit_Crown_hre 1 Chance 100
    Affects Fit_Crown_denmark 1 Chance 100
    Affects Fit_Crown_norway 1 Chance 100
    I've got 75% ready a new regional building for Scandinavia, then the crown will be available not from a cathedral (ie large city), but from a lower level of building.

Hmm, I see, so the only way to get it now is to convert Roskilde to town, then? It starts as a castle and as far as I know you cant build cathedrals in castles, right? Ill try doing that.

Hmm, I see, so the only way to get it now is to convert Roskilde to town, then? It starts as a castle and as far as I know you cant build cathedrals in castles, right? Ill try doing that.
    You're right, it's why I'm saying it's an unfinished business. I'll change it in the next iteration.

However, it seems to me that conquering Jerusalem looks a faster way in your game.

I had 0.9.7 installed, can I just paste the 0.9.8 files over, run the cleaners and it will work fine?
    I just noticed one possible issue, that some units don't show up on the recruitment tab even though I have the building. Are there some hidden recruitment requirements or the building descriptions aren't entirely accurate?
    Can scoutatoi only be recruited from the last tier of the barracks?

Quote Originally Posted by pyrkaboosh View Post
    I had 0.9.7 installed, can I just paste the 0.9.8 files over, run the cleaners and it will work fine?
    I just noticed one possible issue, that some units don't show up on the recruitment tab even though I have the building. Are there some hidden recruitment requirements or the building descriptions aren't entirely accurate?
    Can scoutatoi only be recruited from the last tier of the barracks?
    Can you elaborate / add a pic?
    I can't see problems with the barracks - Skutatoi seem to be available.

;==============================================================================================================================;- BYZANTIUM barracks castle drill_square -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

recruit_pool "Scoutatoi" 1 0.3 2 0 requires factions { byzantium, }
    recruit_pool "Acritae" 1 0.25 2 0 requires factions { byzantium, } and hidden_resource byzantium
    recruit_pool "Acritae" 1 0.17 1 0 requires factions { byzantium, } and not hidden_resource byzantium
    recruit_pool "Acontistae" 1 0.25 2 0 requires factions { byzantium, }
    recruit_pool "Contaratoi" 1 0.25 2 0 requires factions { byzantium, }
    ;==============================================================================================================================;- Byzantium barracks castle ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

recruit_pool "Scoutatoi Swordsmen" 1 0.3 2 0 requires factions { byzantium, }
    recruit_pool "Scoutatoi" 1 0.4 3 0 requires factions { byzantium, }
    recruit_pool "Acritae" 1 0.34 3 0 requires factions { byzantium, } and hidden_resource byzantium
    recruit_pool "Acritae" 1 0.25 2 0 requires factions { byzantium, } and not hidden_resource byzantium
    recruit_pool "Acontistae" 1 0.17 1 0 requires factions { byzantium, }
    recruit_pool "Contaratoi" 1 0.17 1 0 requires factions { byzantium, }
    ;============================================================================================================================================= ;- Byzantium barracks castle armoury -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

recruit_pool "Scoutatoi Swordsmen" 1 0.4 3 0 requires factions { byzantium, }
    recruit_pool "Scoutatoi" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { byzantium, }
    recruit_pool "Acritae" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { byzantium, } and hidden_resource byzantium
    recruit_pool "Acritae" 1 0.34 3 0 requires factions { byzantium, } and not hidden_resource byzantium
    recruit_pool "Contaratoi" 1 0.17 1 0 requires factions { byzantium, }

Started up a new game, I feel the amount of turns to build roads or farming has gotten somewhat out of hand. 20 turns for 3rd level of farms, 30 turns for second level of roads? It's started to be seriously noticeable compared to other buildings. I suppose it's not too bad though, presuming it's going to be somehow balanced with traits or perhaps events, or other buildings changing how difficult to build these, but on first glance it feels overbearing.

EDIT: When the Turks took over Kayseri, for some reason the game acted as if I was the one to conquer it and damaged it's infrastructure, renamed it to Caesaria, and spawned an army for them. You know what, I don't even mind that it spawned an army for them with how unbalanced their situation is at the beginning. I wouldn't even mind if they got a new army for every province they take in Anatolia. Still a bug though, it seems
    Last edited by nvm; May 16, 2022 at 08:18 AM.

Started a Hungary campaign and I have some questions.

1) Is there a list of what units are able to be housed in free upkeep for castles? I see my spear militia fits into the town slots, but I'm confused as to what units my castles can keep in free upkeep.
    2) There are two maps on the faction scroll, is this an "either or" option? Are the colored regions on both maps safe to expand to with negative consequences?

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPistol View Post
    Started a Hungary campaign and I have some questions.

1) Is there a list of what units are able to be housed in free upkeep for castles? I see my spear militia fits into the town slots, but I'm confused as to what units my castles can keep in free upkeep.
    2) There are two maps on the faction scroll, is this an "either or" option? Are the colored regions on both maps safe to expand to with negative consequences?
    (1) no, we haven't compiled such a list, sorry. An unit has to have an attribute "free_upkeep" and the settlement must be able to produce this type of unit.
    (2) yes, either-or. You may read about it in the Crowns thread in this forum. Dark coloured regions are usually safer, lightly may be more problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by nvm View Post
    Started up a new game, I feel the amount of turns to build roads or farming has gotten somewhat out of hand. 20 turns for 3rd level of farms, 30 turns for second level of roads? It's started to be seriously noticeable compared to other buildings. I suppose it's not too bad though, presuming it's going to be somehow balanced with traits or perhaps events, or other buildings changing how difficult to build these, but on first glance it feels overbearing
    Actually, this is the whole point: long turn times for any large infrastructure: roads, farms, mines. For the buildings, the time is much shorter.
    As for the 3rd level of farms: clearing of land was a major development for Eastern Europe and Scandinavia. Presence of the Community Farms at the beginning of the game gives an edge to Western, Southern and more developed regions in the Mediterranean and Orient. So it's intended - although it may get adjusted in the future, if deemed necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by nvm View Post
    EDIT: When the Turks took over Kayseri, for some reason the game acted as if I was the one to conquer it and damaged it's infrastructure, renamed it to Caesaria, and spawned an army for them. You know what, I don't even mind that it spawned an army for them with how unbalanced their situation is at the beginning. I wouldn't even mind if they got a new army for every province they take in Anatolia. Still a bug though, it seems
    Very interesting observations, thanks a lot, we need this kind of feedback!
    How many settlements did Rum had? Only the initial Angora and Konya?
    The code is:
    Code:
        ;====================================================================================================    ;------------------------------------------------------------------------------  Caesarea After Capture

declare_counter current_name_Caesarea                                ; 0 - Kayseri, 1 - Kaisareia, 2 - none yet
        set_counter current_name_Caesarea 0
        set_event_counter Caesarea_turns_in_our_realm 550

monitor_event GeneralCaptureSettlement SettlementName Caesarea

wait 1
            log --- Caesarea AFTER CAPTURE NAME CHANGE ------------------------------------------------

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_orthodox = 1                    ; Kayseri

change_settlement_name Caesarea Caesarea

if I_EventCounter is_the_player == 1 
                and I_CompareCounter current_name_Caesarea > 0
                    historic_event SETTLEMENT_NAME_CHANGE
                end_if

set_counter current_name_Caesarea 0    
            end_if

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_islam = 1                    ; Kaisareia

change_settlement_name Caesarea CaesareaGreek

and I_CompareCounter current_name_Caesarea < 1
                end_if

and I_CompareCounter current_name_Caesarea > 1
                end_if

set_counter current_name_Caesarea 1
            end_if

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_catholic = 0                ; Caesarea

change_settlement_name Caesarea CaesareaLatin

and I_CompareCounter current_name_Caesarea < 2
                end_if

set_counter current_name_Caesarea 2        
            end_if

log --- Caesarea AFTER CAPTURE ARMY SPAWN ----------------------------------------------------

if I_NumberOfSettlements rum > 0                            ; faction exists
            and I_EventCounter faction_size_small == 0                    ; the conqueror is not a small faction
            and RandomPercent < 66                                        ; some randomness is always good
            and I_EventCounter DifficultyLevel == 4    ; only for H/VH difficulties 
            and I_EventCounter Caesarea_turns_in_our_realm > 47        ; to avoid situation of spawning many armies in a loop situation (conquer-retake-conquer...)
            and I_EventCounter faction_turn_rum == 0

spawn_army
                    faction rum
                        character random_name, named character, age 27, x 335, y 127
                        traits CounterOfBattles 2, NaturalMilitarySkill 2 , GoodCommander 2 , Hardened 1 , Anger 2 , BattleScarred 4 , Superstitious 3 ; G
                            unit    ME Bodyguard            exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                            unit    Turkish Horse Archers    exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                            unit    Turkish Horse Archers    exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                            unit    Turkomans                exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0    
                            unit    ME Heavy Spearmen        exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                            unit    Armenian Infantry        exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                            unit    Kurdish Javelinmen        exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                            unit    aor trasc javelin        exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                            unit    aor trasc javelin        exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                            unit    Turkish Archers            exp 7 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                            unit    Turkish Archers            exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
                end

end_if

log --- Caesarea AFTER CAPTURE INITIAL INTEGRATION, BUILDINGS DAMAGED & OTHER COUNTERS ---------

set_event_counter Caesarea_turns_in_our_realm 0

if I_EventCounter faction_turn_rum == 1    
                set_event_counter Caesarea_turns_in_our_realm 20
            end_if

inc_counter number_settlements_conquered_by_player 1
            end_if

and I_EventCounter DifficultyLevel == 4
            and RandomPercent < 66
                console_command set_building_health Caesarea water_supply 30
                historic_event SETTLEMENT_CAPTURE_AQUEDUCT_DAMAGED
            end_if

log --- Caesarea AFTER CAPTURE IMPACT ON PLAYER AGGRESSIVITY REPUTATION ------------------------

and I_EventCounter DifficultyLevel == 4

if I_EventCounter FL_is_crowned_ruler == 1

inc_event_counter player_aggressivity 3

if I_EventCounter FL_diplomatic_skills_counter < 3

if I_EventCounter FL_diplomatic_skills_counter < 2

end_if
                    end_if
                end_if

if I_EventCounter FL_is_crowned_ruler < 1

inc_event_counter player_aggressivity 6

if I_EventCounter FL_diplomatic_skills_counter < 3

if I_EventCounter FL_diplomatic_skills_counter < 2

end_if
                    end_if
                end_if

if I_EventCounter player_aggressivity > 24                    ; 25+, then player is warmonger: very high turmoil, fast deterioration of diplo standing
                and I_EventCounter player_aggressivity_feedback < 3            ; fires only on a change from a lower level
                    historic_event PLAYER_AGGRESSIVITY_WARMONGER            ; info for the player
                    set_event_counter player_aggressivity_feedback 3        ; it will go down in another script
                    log ------ player warmonger info
                end_if

if I_EventCounter player_aggressivity > 12                    ;  13-24, then player is aggressive: high turmoil, deterioration of diplo standing
                and I_EventCounter player_aggressivity < 25
                and I_EventCounter player_aggressivity_feedback < 2            ; fires only on a change from a lower level
                    historic_event PLAYER_AGGRESSIVITY_AGGRESSIVE
                    set_event_counter player_aggressivity_feedback 2
                    log ------ player aggressive info
                end_if

end_if

end_monitor
    what means here is the problem:
    if I_NumberOfSettlements rum > 0 ; faction exists and I_EventCounter faction_size_small == 0 ; the conqueror is not a small faction
    and RandomPercent < 66 ; some randomness is always good
    and I_EventCounter DifficultyLevel == 4 ; only for H/VH difficulties
    and I_EventCounter Caesarea_turns_in_our_realm > 47 ; to avoid situation of spawning many armies in a loop situation (conquer-retake-conquer...)
    what means: this doesn't work: faction_turn_rum. Or there's a problem with faction_size_small.

Now we have to analyse why. I can't see it in the code...
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; May 16, 2022 at 12:01 PM.

Maybe this is also the reason that sometimes the player is called warmonger even without taking over any province? Or the resistance info appearing in strange moments? I noticed it in my game, I wonder if anybody has some similar experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Macaras View Post
    Maybe this is also the reason that sometimes the player is called warmonger even without taking over any province? Or the resistance info appearing in strange moments? I noticed it in my game, I wonder if anybody has some similar experience?
    Yes, this is also my suspicion. It's why @nvm feedback is so valuable: eventually somebody linked that something we knew was happening with a situation. I can't see anything fishy in the code, I count on you, @Macaras, also @Gigantus and especially @Belovese.

Hello, I followed your isntructions and got my Danish king in Jerusalem, constructed the cathedral and he received 3 crowns next turn. Not sure if that was the intention? He got the Scandinavian one (Noroene), Norman crown and the French crown.

Was that supposed to happen?

Hello, I followed your isntructions and got my Danish king in Jerusalem, constructed the cathedral and he received 3 crowns next turn. Not sure if that was the intention? He got the Scandinavian one (Noroene), Norman crown and the French crown.

Was that supposed to happen?
    No, it's not, we need to fix it indeed by adding a condition. Thanks for the info!

EDIT: The bug has been found and will be corrected in a patch.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; May 17, 2022 at 05:06 PM.

Encountering a CTD as Pisa. On turn 54 it crashed during the rebels turn, and now it crashes when loading the save. Continues to do so even after running the two cleaner bats. Save file attached.

Since I may have installed it incorrectly, what exactly is the installation process for 0.98? Do we need to install SS 6.4, apply patches G and H, then extract SSHIP 0.97 onto SS 6.4, and then SSHIP 0.98 on top of 0.97?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmalk View Post
    Encountering a CTD as Pisa. On turn 54 it crashed during the rebels turn, and now it crashes when loading the save. Continues to do so even after running the two cleaner bats. Save file attached.

Since I may have installed it incorrectly, what exactly is the installation process for 0.98? Do we need to install SS 6.4, apply patches G and H, then extract SSHIP 0.97 onto SS 6.4, and then SSHIP 0.98 on top of 0.97?
    I'll have a look and come back to you.

EDIT: your save seems to be corrupted. It starts to load, but the game gets frozen at the end of loading, and stays frozen. It seems that indeed there might be something wrong with your installation (I mean: it's different from mine ;-).

as far as the installation is concerned - this is a stand-alone, just unpack it into the mods folder, no other installation is needed. I've updated the first post in this thread to make it clear, thanks for pointing this issue out.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; May 21, 2022 at 07:30 AM.

personally, I feel the theologians guild should increase the priest recruitment cap instead of a diplomat and the explorer's guild should give a diplomat. I'm at turn 138 with Sicily and it seems other factions are really struggling to get cardinals, except for Venice (which is making it a pain to take northern Italy because the pope is always on their side).
    btw I have only had one crash in 138 turns and it resolved itself after a reload. This is the most engaging total war campaign I have ever played, really good stuff all

Quote Originally Posted by Marus312 View Post
    personally, I feel the theologians guild should increase the priest recruitment cap instead of a diplomat and the explorer's guild should give a diplomat. I'm at turn 138 with Sicily and it seems other factions are really struggling to get cardinals, except for Venice (which is making it a pain to take northern Italy because the pope is always on their side).
    btw I have only had one crash in 138 turns and it resolved itself after a reload. This is the most engaging total war campaign I have ever played, really good stuff all
    Thanks for the feedback!
    on the explorers: they do provide diplomats.
    on the theologians: They do provide priests, but later. Maybe you're right in your opinion, I'll reflect.
    building guild_theologians_guild{
    levels theologians_guild m_theologians_guild gm_theologians_guild
    {
    theologians_guild city requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, greek, southern_european, hungary, poland, russia, kievan_rus, }
    {
    capability
    {
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { northern_european, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { middle_eastern, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { eastern_european, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { greek, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { southern_european, }

agent_limit diplomat 1

agent_limit priest 0
    agent_limit priest 1 requires factions { middle_eastern, }
    agent_limit priest 1 requires factions { southern_european, } and event_counter lateran_council3 1
    agent_limit priest 1 requires factions { northern_european, } and event_counter lateran_council4 1
    agent_limit priest 1 requires factions { poland, } and event_counter POLAND5_COUNCIL_OF_LECZYCA 1
    agent_limit priest 1 requires factions { hungary, } and event_counter GOLDEN_BULL_HUNGARIAN 1
    agent_limit priest 1 requires factions { russia, kievan_rus, } and event_counter EUPHROSYNE 1
    agent_limit priest 1 requires factions { byzantium, } and event_counter BYZANTIUM3_METEORA 1
    agent_limit priest 1 requires factions { serbia, } and event_counter SERBIAN3_SAINT_SAVA 1
    agent_limit priest 1 requires factions { georgia, } and event_counter GEORGIAN3_SHOTA_RUSTAVELI 1
    building guild_explorers_guild{
    levels explorers_guild m_explorers_guild gm_explorers_guild
    {
    explorers_guild city requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
    {
    capability
    {
    agent merchant 0 requires factions { northern_european, }
    agent merchant 0 requires factions { middle_eastern, }
    agent merchant 0 requires factions { eastern_european, }
    agent merchant 0 requires factions { greek, }
    agent merchant 0 requires factions { southern_european, }
    agent_limit merchant 1
    agent_limit diplomat 1
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; May 22, 2022 at 02:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Yes, this is also my suspicion. It's why @nvm feedback is so valuable: eventually somebody linked that something we knew was happening with a situation. I can't see anything fishy in the code, I count on you, @Macaras, also @Gigantus and especially @Belovese.
    Hey guys, I came back from my travels and I'm catching up in the forum, is this issue about warmonger info still needing work or is it resolved?
    Also I'm curious, what was the bug about the multiple crowns being awarded to a single king?
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats

Quote Originally Posted by Belovèse View Post
    Hey guys, I came back from my travels and I'm catching up in the forum, is this issue about warmonger info still needing work or is it resolved?
    Also I'm curious, what was the bug about the multiple crowns being awarded to a single king?
    (2) In EDA the crowns were not constrained by the factions the relevant crown was dedicated to. When I had added possibility to get it in Jerusalem, a king was eligible for a number of crowns, and then the EDA triggered fired. Adding a constraint to all factions should solve the issues, eg. for the Danish crown: " and FactionType denmark "
    (1) If I understand @Macaras findings correctly, replacing wait 1 with wait 0.1 or campaign_wait 1.5 will solve the issue as well.

Thanks, I just read the scripting thread and it is impressive!
    Belovèse's Toolbox: export text files to spreadsheet, detailed unit stats
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project (SSHIP) team member.
    Mini-mods: diplomacy and relation/reputation - detailled unit stats