View Poll Results: Ostrakon AnthoniusII?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dismiss

14 63.64%
  • Revoke Citizenship

5 22.73%
  • Abstain

3 13.64%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Ostrakon] AnthoniusII

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Default Re: [Ostrakon] AnthoniusII

There is no such thing in the Politia nor do the Consul and his Censors receive any such PM from moderation/administration. That is patently false.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

There was the last time I was there. If you did not receive any instructions on the matter that means Hex have not been doing their job (again).
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Or, even more likely, it could just mean that you are mistaken.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I would imagine most likely is that the process changed. 7 years is barely out of the tail wind of the CDEC and the curial moderation process has changed significantly since obviously, with roles rising and falling and the process certainly going through at least three iterations since I joined.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Voted for dismissal.
    Last edited by Gaius Baltar; April 10, 2022 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Add information

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Voted for dismissal.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Quote Originally Posted by Dismounted Feudal Knight View Post
    I would imagine most likely is that the process changed. 7 years is barely out of the tail wind of the CDEC and the curial moderation process has changed significantly since obviously, with roles rising and falling and the process certainly going through at least three iterations since I joined.
    As per Lifth's post here the process was changed by mistake. Curators were always bound by Non-Disclosure, especially since they deal with infractions and can see moderator reports.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Good, cleared up. Lets write it in. For topic pertinence and to continue the above, dismiss voted.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex Magistrate

Abstaining. Was going to vote for dismissal, but PoVG and Akar have convinced me to the extent that now I can't really justify either outcome. There is no 'official' room to give a modder more leeway when he's talking on the subject of modding than, say, a citizen debating a topic in the mudpit. I think in the past, we just looked away when a highly decorated modder crossed the line sometimes. This ostrakon, though, forces the issue and brings out into the open that the Ostrakon, a fundamental aspect underpinning the justification for the existence of citizenship, is a dead letter.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

I agree with you, and if this wasn't a binary choice I would probably vote for some form of temporary suspension, but as it stands I cannot endorse permanently* stripping a citizen of his badge simply because of some off-color remarks and rants written in puddle English.

It should be clear to everyone at this point that the ostrakon process lacks granularity

Voting dismiss.

* I don't think he's going to apply again if ostrakoned.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    I agree with you, and if this wasn't a binary choice I would probably vote for some form of temporary suspension, but as it stands I cannot endorse permanently* stripping a citizen of his badge simply because of some off-color remarks and rants written in puddle English.

It should be clear to everyone at this point that the ostrakon process lacks granularity

Voting dismiss.

* I don't think he's going to apply again if ostrakoned.
    Agreed! So I voted for dismissal as well.
    Let's move forward, guys!

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

^^ Same here
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Haven't changed my mind - dismissed.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

If anything I think this shows how bad the current Ostrakon setup is where there is near-unanimous agreement that the individual’s behavior has been unbecoming of a citizen and worth of *some* punishment but the Curia is literally incapable of dishing it out without by law having to go way further with that punishment than most are comfortable with.

Tiered citizen punishment/suspension is probably something that should exist given the voting habits/standards of the citizenship body, and the lack of such measures has been exposed by this Ostrakon proposal.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Voted for dismissal.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

This thread would be a waste of time if it wasn't equally entertaining.
    I voted to dismissed.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

I still agisn think it’s weird this entire conversation got derailed by “personal information leaking” and moved away entirely from discussing the actual merits of the case when I myself just as a participant in several threads with Anthonius and no access to any private information saw those same threads being moderated and action being taken against Anthonius. It was objectively true from any pleb’s eyes he was being constantly, consistently moderated due to breaking ToS over a long period of time and just not being given the full punishment for it with mods being extremely lenient. It seems most people, many of whom came back to TWC from long breaks specifically to vote here, were unhappy with the proposal itself due to its quality/their personal feelings towards the accused that they refused to even really analyze the evidence at all or if any action should be taken at all.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

If you totally ignore the 'leak' and it's implication towards action taken already by a curial officer and totally ignore the action already taken against him elsewhere (the appeals listed, edits you mention) then there isn't really much left other then behavior that doesn't really rise above behavior seen elsewhere - the major difference being that in Anthonius' case it's explicit (as opposed to being couched in intentionally ambiguous terms, eg implicit) because of his limited command of English. Appeal procedures would provide a very fertile proving ground of that.
    Last edited by Gigantus; April 14, 2022 at 10:47 PM.

Voted
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    If you totally ignore the 'leak' and it's implication towards action taken already by a curial officer and totally ignore the action already taken against him elsewhere (the appeals listed, edits you mention) then there isn't really much left other then behavior that doesn't really rise above behavior seen elsewhere - the major difference being that in Anthonius' case it's explicit (as opposed to being couched in intentionally ambiguous terms, eg implicit) because of his limited command of English. Appeal procedures would provide a very fertile proving ground of that.
    I don't really think he is just like any other member but with just bad English. Yes, his language skills are obvious but I have also seen him mocking and insulting other people's language skills as well. His hostility towards people that tried to help him and people that merely followed TWC procedures also stand out. To say he is like any other forum member is a major disservice.
    The Armenian Issue

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast