View Poll Results: Ostrakon AnthoniusII?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dismiss

14 63.64%
  • Revoke Citizenship

5 22.73%
  • Abstain

3 13.64%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Ostrakon] AnthoniusII

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: [Ostrakon] AnthoniusII

It's hard for me to comment on this, since I know Antonius in RL and I'm aware of his character and his general point of view.
    I'll need to check all the links carefully though, since I was away for a long time.

Wait. Did he really say that?

If TWC is faninced by the Turkish Govermment and that is the reason that leaves unckecked Abdulmecid I to do as he pleases we all must know.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 08, 2022 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    It's hard for me to comment on this, since I know Antonius in RL and I'm aware of his character and his general point of view.
    I'll need to check all the links carefully though, since I was away for a long time.

Wait. Did he really say that?
    He often targeted Abdulmecid I claiming that he is an agent of the Turkish government. Most of AnthoniusII's general hostility is hidden behind moderation discretion deletions. It's impossible to link to them.

There aren't many posts left to link to because of that. Remaining examples:
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    WILL some high rank "official" of TWC , give a CLEAR answer an not hide nehind irony like 5 years old children?
    SO instead of sarcasm and irony prove that your high ranks and awards are worthing having them and find a lolution to save TWC. Everything else is rubish!
    yOUU DEMOSTRATE YOUR AWARDS and ranks but what they will be usefull for if TWC dies?
    Are you capable to answer these simple questions OR NOT?
    Seriusly you would not like that option. Garb would not tolerate many ironic post of yours that you write simply because you think you have no one to control your manners over other members.
    Beware what you wsih though.
    TWC does not mean Akar's or anyone else's personal show of superiority .
    Lets supose that I am a conspirecy guy...What I see here is a well co-ordinated attempt by Flinn and Akar to take the complete control of TWC without to need to answer to anyone for their actions or desisions. That is the definision of a hiden dictatorship...But again...I am simply a consiracy guy ... The problem is that everywhere i turn in to the Administration Section of TWC Flinn and Akar go together like the "couples" of the Theban Sacred Band. Maybe my eyes cheating me because I ma too old ...If that so forgive my conspiracy theory.
    Arguing with you that obviusly does not know how Church Laws aplly reminds me an old Pannonic quote"
    'The king said frowning: “Don’t torment Methodius, as he’s already sweating like in an oven!” And Methodios said: “Milord, some people met a sweaty philosopher once and asked him why he is sweating so much, to which he replied: “I argued with idiots!
    "Panonic Hagiography of St. Methodios”, 9th c.St.Methodios reply to King Louis the German.St.Kliment of Ohrid.
    That is my answer to end this discusion here.
    I hope you wont take it too personaly and use your fictional title to report this post....when you run out of arguments.
    How hard is for you to understand that what i write is writen in Ecumenical Councils and I have discusted them with Proffesors of Church/Religion Law ?
    In the future though a PM would be a more polite remindment than a Warning because you are in quarell with me personally (aspesialy Akar and z3n).
    Ideally, we'd get a number of posts that required moderation action but that is not allowed.
    The Armenian Issue

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Quite ironic considering how you're being prompt to critize Moderation wherever you can
    If you think criticism is the same as an attack (it's not).

In the current case, Anthonius II is an offender to who?
    Offender means someone who has committed a crime, or in this case broken a rule.

You can not reasonnably compare Anthonius II behaviour to Ponti's one.
    It is comparable in the sense that both are cases of egregious misbehaviour by citizens - if the standards we hold ourselves by are not upheld in these cases, then when will they be?

Most of AnthoniusII's general hostility is hidden behind moderation discretion deletions. It's impossible to link to them.
    This is one of the problems that keeps rearing its head with the Ostrakon procedure. The most egregious posts are deleted or edited, leaving only those that are uncitizen-like but not blatantly rule breaking. The Citizenry is left to infer what sort of material was deleted from the little that is allowed to remain. In Ponti's case it was a similar issue. His blatantly rule breaking posts were deleted and even the screenshots of them were deleted by moderation leaving only the offensive but not ToS breaking posts to be argued over.
    Last edited by Akar; April 08, 2022 at 04:32 PM.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

This is why the old system was better. There was no inferring necessary.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post
    If you think criticism is the same as an attack (it's not).
    Really? What about these examples then?
    More than sufficient evidence has already been provided. This is nowhere near the first time this issue has been brought up. And last time it was, mods abused their powers to force the conversation to shut down.
    It's reassuring to see moderation call a thread where numerous people complaining about their selective inaction a "flame thread". How convenient for them that anyone who complains about them is "flaming" them. Love seeing criticism silenced.
    This is nothing new. There have been numerous complaints about this sort of thing and every single time it's been swept under the rug by Moderation.

They do not care.
    What is happening is a moderator has deleted your post but didn't feel like letting you or anyone else know that the post was deleted and not just, you know, a server error or something.

Our community is absolutely of a size where moderation should no longer be relying on the crutch of "tHeReS jUsT sOoOoO mAnY pOsTs mOdeRaTeD iT wOulD Be SooOoOoO hArD". If you moderated a post you should absolutely be able to explain what was wrong with it. And if it's suddenly restored just because of public outcry, why was the post even deleted in the first place?

This is a shockingly regular occurrence here.
    Your edit doesn't clear up either.

Why are posts being deleted that do not violate the ToS?

Why are posts being restored only due to public outcry?

Which moderator made the decision to delete CDA's posts without due cause?
    Oh look, Iskar has accidentally stumbled onto the exact issue at hand here, that Moderation policy should be made public.

There is no such obligation.

The Consul's authority and power is defined, granted, and limited solely via the Constitution, not some archaic list of policies in a hidden subforum in a locked filing cabinet in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door reading "beware of the leopard".
    Should I carry on?

Offender means someone who has committed a crime, or in this case broken a rule.
    I know what offender means. My english is not that bad. Thank you. My question is: who does consider Anthonius II as an offender?

It is comparable in the sense that both are cases of egregious misbehaviour by citizens - if the standards we hold ourselves by are not upheld in these cases, then when will they be?
    Again, the curia is puttting the cart before the horse. How can we claim that a citizen doesn't respect our standards when they're not defined in their main principle (because that's quite subjective, isn't it)?

This is one of the problems that keeps rearing its head with the Ostrakon procedure. The most egregious posts are deleted or edited, leaving only those that are uncitizen-like but not blatantly rule breaking. The Citizenry is left to infer what sort of material was deleted from the little that is allowed to remain. In Ponti's case it was a similar issue. His blatantly rule breaking posts were deleted and even the screenshots of them were deleted by moderation leaving only the offensive but not ToS breaking posts to be argued over.
    Right, let's keep these kind of ToS breaches public for public stoning. Great
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; April 09, 2022 at 05:39 AM. Reason: typo again
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Right, let's keep these kind of ToS breaches public for public stoning. Great
    I believe you have intentionally misunderstood the point.

Blog Entries

I believe that you have perfectly understood my point, haven't you?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

This is not a place to word out your grievances for an other person. The purpose of the thread is to discuss AnthoniusII's conduct and his conduct only. Please keep your discussion within that context.
    The Armenian Issue

Blog Entries

I'm just demonstrating that Akar does what he basically reproaches to Anthonius when it comes to criticize TWC Staff. The posts I've quoted are pretty similar to those from Anthonius you have posted yourself.
    So, if you approve this ostrakon against Anthonius, then you can issue one against Akar as well for the same reasons. Or are we applying different standards depending on the concerned citizen?
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; April 09, 2022 at 12:49 PM.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Let's try to stay on topic, please.

"The Consul recognizes that off topic and personal references are allowed, within reason."
    I believe we're venturing into "unreasonable" territory here.
    Last edited by Akar; April 09, 2022 at 03:05 PM.

I do not know what the current standards of what warrants an ostrakon are - but in my time it was carried out for grievous matters. He lacks eloquence but I have seen other Citizens post similar content wrapped up in finer words.

On this basis I oppose.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Belisarius View Post
    I do not know what the current standards of what warrants an ostrakon are - but in my time it was carried out for grievous matters.
    Deleting the site and such.

On topic now, I cannot decide what comes out as more poor. The ostrakon itself or Anthonius posting behavior. On that basis, I abstain.

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

Hello guys, i am not very active anymore, usually i check the site but i do not write anything and accidentally i found this thread.
    if my vote means something i oppose. Have a nice day!
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

the turkish gov part is just genial

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Just for the record, votes will have impact when the poll is added. Anything before is merely arguments.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Speaking of which, the poll should have been added 2 days ago.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Has this been abandoned? Poll should have been started already. If this is not going to go to vote now it should be closed.
    Last edited by Gaius Baltar; April 10, 2022 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Add information

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    ...and an amendment made that clearly states SND obligations for curia staff.
    Just following up: [Amendment] Ensuring non disclosure compliance in the curia

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Pretty much needed

I distinctly remember when I was a Censor, 7 years ago, that there were instructions in the Politia for the Curator and Censors, or they were instructed via PM in either case specific instruction was given, to not divulge anything to anyone unless the citizen in question specifically requests the proceedings to be made public.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast