Thread: Missing Unit Icons

Default Missing Unit Icons

Just did a fresh install of M2TW, EBii and the latest patch (downloaded via the google drive, the other links were dead). Followed all instructions, installation not in program files

I have launched a Rome campaign, and everything is launching/running smoothly, but there are many unit icons missing. Triarii, Principes, Hastati, Leves, all have missing icons on the army list screen. Most still have portraits in the detailed unit description, but some don't even have that.

Anyone else experienced this, or have any ideas for a fix?

Default Re: Missing Unit Icons

That's a common issue that happens when not all files were installed. The fact that your game functions fine means that only the .tga image files are missing - the text assets are fine. You have to restart the installation process. Before you do that, could you share which OS you're using? Extracting a zipped file to a folder could cause issues, especially on Macs

Same isue as Murhphy. Tried reinstalling 3 times with R3.5 patch on Google Drive (Copy and paste after extracting twice, copy and paste without extracting). Still no joy. This didn't happen on 3.5 but after R3.5 patch only. OS Window. Any suggestions?

Here's a zipped file containing all 2.35a unit cards, along with unreleased new cavalry unit cards. Make sure to extract them to your EBII installation with "smart merging". That it, all folders, instead of replacing their counterparts, will inject their contents. Extract this to data/ui/units

https://www.mediafire.com/file/esgeh...units.zip/file

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    Here's a zipped file containing all 2.35a unit cards, along with unreleased new cavalry unit cards. Make sure to extract them to your EBII installation with "smart merging". That it, all folders, instead of replacing their counterparts, will inject their contents. Extract this to data/ui/units

Hey Shoebopp, thank you for helping out! Just to be sure, so this is what I should do:

1) Install 2.35a as normal, apply hot fix as installation guide
    2) Download your zip file, unzip after undownload
    3) Copy and paste onto data/ui/units, press OK to overwrite all

Would that be it?

You should make sure that you are doing a "smart overwrite". That's when your source folders don't replace the destination folders, but instead the source contents are merged with the destination contents, and the nested folders inside have their source contents merged with the destination contents, and so forth. For example, consider the following two folder structures

SOURCE:
    data
    ---ui
    ------units
    ---------infantryA
    ---------infantryB
    ------unit_info

DESTINATION:
    data
    ---ui
    ------units
    ---------infantryC
    ---------infantryD
    ------unit_info

A "dumb merge" would cause the DESTINATION to look like

data
    ---ui
    ------units
    ---------infantryA
    ---------infantryB
    ------unit_info

while a "smart merge" would make it look like

data
    ---ui
    ------units
    ---------infantryA
    ---------infantryB
    ---------infantryC
    ---------infantryD
    ------unit_info

How to ensure to do a "smart merge" depends on whether you're using a Windows or Mac, but I suggest being very careful with the unzipping process. It sounds like your original problem might have been due to a "dumb merge" completely wiping out swathes of image files. Make sure you're doing a smart merge with the new UI cards

You should make sure that you are doing a "smart overwrite". That's when your source folders don't replace the destination folders, but instead the source contents are merged with the destination contents, and the nested folders inside have their source contents merged with the destination contents, and so forth. For example, consider the following two folder structures

SOURCE:
    data
    ---ui
    ------units
    ---------infantryA
    ---------infantryB
    ------unit_info

DESTINATION:
    data
    ---ui
    ------units
    ---------infantryC
    ---------infantryD
    ------unit_info

A "dumb merge" would cause the DESTINATION to look like

data
    ---ui
    ------units
    ---------infantryA
    ---------infantryB
    ------unit_info

while a "smart merge" would make it look like

data
    ---ui
    ------units
    ---------infantryA
    ---------infantryB
    ---------infantryC
    ---------infantryD
    ------unit_info

How to ensure to do a "smart merge" depends on whether you're using a Windows or Mac, but I suggest being very careful with the unzipping process. It sounds like your original problem might have been due to a "dumb merge" completely wiping out swathes of image files. Make sure you're doing a smart merge with the new UI cards
    That sounds right - I have reinstalled 2.35 again, and applied the patch individually. The installation said that, for window users, click yes to overwrite all files:

"2a - Windows) Open the zip and copy and paste the "data" folder over that same folder in your EBII folder. Say "yes" to overwrite all files"

But going by what you say, it seems what I need to do is say yes to others except UI>units? Trying to understand what to do before doing it again - installing 2.35 takes ages

Same issue here on Windows, copying over files provided by Shoebopp fixed it. My guess is something may have went wrong with the cards within the download itself - especially since as I see some old unit cards have been updated. But what exactly it is I could not tell. Easier to just make a whole new upload of the mod.

Hey if you are (dumb) like me you may have forgotten to download the 2.35A patch - I just assumed it was a link to the 2.35 installer and didn't download it. This caused some icons and images to disappear when I applied the 2.35A R3.5 fix. Hope it helps.

any chance you could reupload this? i'm having the same problem, and i've spent countless hours trying to get it working correctly.

forgot to quote what i was talking about smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Africanus View Post
    forgot to quote what i was talking about smh.
    Here it is https://www.mediafire.com/file/2unvzjgrw5d1wh3/files.zip/file

roma.rarDon't know if you will be willing to deal with bugs from 2.35A (if it is a bug).

I have attached a save file. What happens is, that bonuses from my FMs in Likash and Sigan don't apply correctly( or i have some reserves in understading between law bonuses and unrest maluses). With law and corruption- his presence even cause, that any other sources of law are not applied and nullify a 5% from already built up small shrine of Jupiter.

Now, i can't say if that has something to do with type of settlement( pastoral), or govtype - both civitas libera, but i can't say i have noticed this one in any other of my previously conquered cities.

Can someone explain to me better?