Thread: Looking for a very simple mod: Playing with Bohemia in ETW

Icon5 Looking for a very simple mod: Playing with Bohemia in ETW

There are unused voice files in Czech language for the units that you control in the campaign map which are hidden in the audio files of vanilla Empire: Total War.

I have seen a few mods which add Bohemia as a new emergent faction (besides adding and modifying a ton of new things in the game), but all of them are so big and have so many files that when I try to modify startpos.esf to make Bohemia playable some annoying glitches start to appear.

Therefore, can anyone make a relatively simple mod where Bohemia is added as a playable faction (even if it is done by replacing another existing faction, changing its name, its location and its flag)? I just need that, I'm not asking for new units, new textures, other new factions...Just Bohemia, with its own flag and with its capital in Prague. It doesn't even matter the language the units speak as I can try later to change their language into Czech (I have very basic knowledge of modding and although I do not know how to make a new faction like Bohemia, I think I know how to change the language the units would speak).

So, in summary, can anyone make just a relatively small mod where you can play as Bohemia? Thank you in advance!

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Looking for a very simple mod: Playing with Bohemia in ETW

Transferred to the ETW modifications forum, as a proposal.

It seems like this wouldn't be too much trouble to pull off (though I'm not an ETW modder, wouldn't know), so I'm hoping someone will see this soonish. More likely it'll be seen by the right people here in the ETW section anyway. If you don't get a response to this within the week I could try to dig up some resources on adding factions and see what could be done.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Quote Originally Posted by Dismounted Feudal Knight View Post

It seems like this wouldn't be too much trouble to pull off (though I'm not an ETW modder, wouldn't know), so I'm hoping someone will see this soonish. More likely it'll be seen by the right people here in the ETW section anyway. If you don't get a response to this within the week I could try to dig up some resources on adding factions and see what could be done.
    Thank you very much! I agree, I don't think it would be difficult (for me, it is indeed, but it must be different for other users with experience). I will contact with you within a week if this post receives no more answers

Thank you again!

Quote Originally Posted by Dismounted Feudal Knight View Post

Hey there

As no one else has shown interest in this and there has been a couple of weeks, would you mind take a look to this?

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Ah, that's unfortunate; to be honest I'm not even sure exactly what I'm looking for as my experience is mainly with Medieval 2, but with this in mind I'll try to get to it alongside other TWC business over the next few days.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?