Thread: EB 2.35a massively buggy

Default EB 2.35a massively buggy

Hey guys,

Long time player, never posted much. Always loved EB1, love EB2. However, after downloading the new patch after a long hiatus away, I'm getting a little bummed out as I'm finding the game to be massively buggy. Fatal graphics error CTDs, general error log CTDs, the list goes on and on and I've only had it for one day! I've reduced my graphics (I have a solid computer, plays all the newest Total War games with zero issues), done all the fixes, but can't seem to escape CTD after CTD in various forms. I've never experienced it this bad, I know it has its moments but I've never minded really. This is becoming close to unplayble for me. Can anyone point me in the right direction if there is a fix to this? I've followed all the instructions on how to install, etc.

Default Re: EB 2.35a massively buggy

seconded

When do the CTDs occur? Like during battle load or during the battle?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    When do the CTDs occur? Like during battle load or during the battle?
    Equally importantly, what platform are you playing on?

I haven't been able to play properly since 2.35a. All my crashes are limited to battles, and seem semi-random in nature - whether at the beginning or an end of a battle, and there's just too many of them to be able to play properly, as it mostly seems to be a game of chance which battle will crash, and it always does so 100% of the time. A real pity. I'm on PC.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Guys i haven't play the mod but please allow me my humble opinion. EBII is one of the most created from scratch literaly mods ever. That means standards we have used from vanila game or previus mods not that extensive in re-creation do not aply here.
    The team worked for many years. Its natural to have some bugs.
    Having my mod's bugs and CTDs as expirience I have to say. The more extensive a mod is the more risk to have bugs. But wonder this. Bugs if reported cirrectly may be solved, but less bugs would worth a less extensive mod?
    So instead of complaining . Make a list of bugs (with images if possible) with extensive info and log txt to help the team solve the problems...
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

The game has crashed on some important battles for my KH campaign, but not with the frequency you guys are suggesting, maybe like one in every 40 battles. That rate is still annoying enough, but not crippling like your situations. Sorry to hear that! I'm playing on PC, Acer laptop, and I'm loving all the new unit models. I'm not sure if reinstalling the game would help, but I realize that's a time-consuming painful chore sometimes. For what it's worth, EBII team, my version of 2.35a works well enough in terms of technical issues!

Aside from that, there's a somewhat bizarre economic situation where for many turns I will inexplicably be going into the red financially, and then suddenly I'll be making tens of thousands of mnai every turn with a roaring economy. Doesn't make any sense to me, even with expensive wars versus sacking a few settlements to obtain some extra money. It seems like the game simply does this to spite you for growing too powerful at a certain point while making tiny factions super rich even when you're conquering the crap out of them. I assume that it's some sort of script causing all of this to make things more balanced or something?

I experienced no such thing.

I am at turn 300 now and only 2 CTD's so far, one naval battle and one defensive siege if memory serves me, it was around turn 50ish.

After that all smooth as shine.

Perhaps you messed up the installation.

I forgot to apply the 4GB patch and was suffering CTD's every 20 minutes. I applied it and now it runs much better.