Thread: Do you doubt about some youtubers who win a Call of Duty game without failing not even once?

Default Do you doubt about some youtubers who win a Call of Duty game without failing not even once?

I have my doubts about certain youtubers who go through a whole Call of Duty or Medal of Honor or Battlefield game single player campaign at the highest difficulty level without dying not even once. They don't even show the screen where you choose the difficulty level before starting the campaign.
    I'm not saying it is completely impossible to go through a whole campaign at the highest difficulty level continuously without dying anywhere in the game. But probably only a few people in the world are capable of making it. Certain missions are nearly impossible to win without failing not even once. You normally win those missions after many attempts.
    Do you think it is likely they actually play it at easy or normal so that they can continuously go through the whole campaign without dying?
    Last edited by twgamer20197; March 10, 2022 at 08:38 PM.

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you doubt about some youtubers who win a Call of Duty game without failing not even once?

Maybe, maybe not. Just depends. I'm sure some people fake it but there's also plenty of people you can watch attempting to do it on Twitch and they obviously only upload the time that they succeed. I think you're overestimating the difficulty of playing through a CoD or Battlefield game without dying, especially if you keep trying over and over.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Default Re: Do you doubt about some youtubers who win a Call of Duty game without failing not even once?

Or another possibility is that in case they play those games at the hardest difficulty level, is that they edit the video by removing the parts where they die
    Last edited by twgamer20197; March 11, 2022 at 06:43 AM.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

There are so many Twitch streams of peopling attempting these things and only uploading the time they succeed - I seriously doubt that any significant number of these attempts are edited. If you really applied yourself you'd be able to do it too, I imagine.

I used to solo raids in Destiny and Borderlands as well as a few other games. It's just a matter of knowing the game and level inside and out and being willing to try it again and again until you get it.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

In singleplayer I concur with Akar entirely. Singleplayer content is predictable at a fundamental level; practice and familiarity are key even in harder campaigns. It's not always easy but it's 100% possible. Multiplayer is where you're far more likely to see videos curated for interesting parts where the player wasn't whupped.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

My point is that if you present a CALL OF DUTY OR MEDAL OF HONOR OR A BATTLE FIELD gameplay video as supposedly played at the hardest difficulty level but if you don't show the part where you choose the difficulty level ( that's one of the reasons I doubt about certain youtubers ) because you actually played it at easy or normal, that's dishonesty. Or if you play it at the hardest level but you edit the video by removing the parts where you failed, it is also dishonesty.

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

My point is
    That wasn't your original point though.

Obviously if someone cheats that is dishonest - but that wasn't your initial claim.

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Not to mention by the logic in this thread, you can simply edit in a part where you set the difficulty one way and the rest of the video is played at a lower setting.

If you lack the basic trust we're talking about here that yes, people can indeed play at that competence and they shouldn't have to go well out of their way to demonstrate beyond any possible doubt that nothing could have possibly been funny, then to be quite frank you are unlikely to be the audience they are going for, because the primary audience can believe - and in some cases, believe quite authoritatively - that it is possible and you don't have to show every itty bit of detail to demonstrate it. It's just a good job that takes discipline and time to master that most people won't bother to do, and so it is nice to see when someone does.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?

In my case I still struggle winning all the Call of Duty 4: Modern Wafare missions at Veteran level without dying anywhere in the mission lol. I still need a lot of practice.

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

You can get there with time, I'm sure.