Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: Science will not win over Religion

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Science will not win over Religion

conon394,

The first sin as recorded in the lives of man was when Adam, the first man and Eve his wife, disbelieved and disobeyed God so as it was the first sin then it must be the original sin. What's illogical about that?

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    conon394,

The first sin as recorded in the lives of man was when Adam, the first man and Eve his wife, disbelieved and disobeyed God so as it was the first sin then it must be the original sin. What's illogical about that?
    IT is an original sin as asserted in one peoples made up creation story. That I grant is technically correct. It is not how ever taking the take honestly the Augustine original sin that you believe - that has no basis in straightforward reading of the text.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

conon394,

Really then what text is it that denies Adam and Eve being the original sinners?

Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

conon394,

Really then what text is it that denies Adam and Eve being the original sinners?
    None but you are playing at games the point yes in the OT Eve, Adam and Serpent all participate in the recorded fist sin according to the text and are punished for it. However my point was it does not amount to your Calavanist original sin/fallen world belief - that is fact made up quite outside the OT.

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

conon394,

Then carry on reading Genesis as it explains what you cannot see.

Sogdog's Avatar Centenarius

conon394,

According to Science if you clone an individual then the result will be a copy of that individual. Taking DNA from Adam gives you Steve, not Eve. Science wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogdog View Post
    According to Science if you clone an individual then the result will be a copy of that individual. Taking DNA from Adam gives you Steve, not Eve. Science wins.
    No in fact it does not explain the Augustine Manichaeism/Dualism absorbed by Calvin you believe in. That simply is not part of the OT.

conon394,

What did calvinists believe?
    Among the important elements of Calvinism are the following: the authority and sufficiency of Scripture for one to know God and one's duties to God and one's neighbour; the equal authority of both Old and New Testaments, the true interpretation of which is assured by the internal testimony of the Holy Spirit;

That I do believe.