Thread: NTW on Windows 11

Icon4 NTW on Windows 11

Any chance to play on Windows 11?
    I use Steam, windows 11 22000.527.
    Compatibility mode doesn't help.
    When I launch the game steam shows Running for a 3 seconds and after that nothing. Log folder is empty. Any clues for launch to record the log?

Default Re: NTW on Windows 11

Quote Originally Posted by Rodrigo The Scarred View Post
    Any chance to play on Windows 11?
    I use Steam, windows 11 22000.527.
    Compatibility mode doesn't help.
    When I launch the game steam shows Running for a 3 seconds and after that nothing. Log folder is empty. Any clues for launch to record the log?

I have the same problem.
    Look hire : https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...12th-gen-intel

The games boot up and do not crash but the esc key and space bar do not work. Space bar for speeding up units. I have not attempted further. Someone else must have same problem
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Rodrigo, I discovered that if you play in compatibility mode and select windows 8, the vanilla game will run but you can't use any mods at all. Thats ok for me with MTW2, RTW1 and ETW but I need mods to fully enjoy NTW. So at this point its go back to windows 10 of don't play NTW. Very sad. I 2025 Microsoft will stop supporting windows 10. I how someone comes up with a solution before that.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

I was having the same problem but in Windows 10 where the program never launched from Steam or directly from the .exe. I have an Intel LGA1700 12th gen processor and it seems like this is the culprit based on posts from other users on other sites. Someone released an unofficial fix a few weeks ago: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...cores-enabled/

This fix worked for me, mods and all. NTW appears exactly as it was when I was last able to play it on my machine over two years ago before my old video card died (anyone remember what trying to buy a video card 2021-2022 was like?). No framerate issues, or any other issues as far as I can tell. Creative Assembly, Intel, and/or Microsoft all owe that guy a paycheck.

Thanks for this - could this fix the lod problem on modern graphiccards? In spite of ultra settings it looks like the lowest.