Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SEVEN YEARS WAR project SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

Lordsith's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default SEVEN YEARS WAR project SUGGESTIONS, COMMMENTS, QUESTIONS & DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION

THE SEVEN YEARS' WAR
    (1756-1763)

This is the overhaul mod for NTW, based on the the Seven Years' War period, with the features from Imperial Destroyer project.
    Tons of changes. This is the completely a new game!
    Briefly:
    -Added lot of new units.
    -Completely reworked CAI.
    -Completely reworked technology tree.
    -Completely reworked followers.
    -Histroically accurate traits for faction leaders.
    -Tons of new historically accurate generals, ministers, gentelmen, and admirals.
    -Reworked building effects.
    -Added new buildings.
    -New histrically accurate portraits.
    -Fixed a lot of vanilla bugs.
    -Changed to the 18th century pictures and icons.
    -New music compositions.
    -New historically accurate flags.
    Better to see once than hear a hundred times!

Screenshots:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I would like to thank and credit all the modders who worked on Empire total war and their excellent works which were used in this project.
    Last edited by Lordsith; March 06, 2022 at 08:09 PM.

Patrician

Default Re: SEVEN YEARS' WAR project

Hello everyone!
    Download link is ready.
    Last edited by Lordsith; February 28, 2022 at 11:30 AM.

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Just one or two days ago I was searching to see if there was a Seven Years' War mod, and now I stumbled upon this newly released one. What a pleasant coincidence.

Wonderfull work, i tried it and i really love musket accuracy and smoke. I saw that french jagers (maybe also others jagers)dont have smoke after firing. In future you will work on a better graphic for napoleon like what you did for empire? And can i suggest to make Corsica an indipendent state with is leader Pasquale Paoli? Because i think is better than have genoa without the city of genoa.
    Last edited by napoleone; March 24, 2021 at 05:58 PM.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by napoleone View Post
    Wonderfull work, i tried it and i really love musket accuracy and smoke. I saw that french jagers (maybe also others jagers)dont have smoke after firing. In future you will work on a better graphic for napoleon like what you did for empire? And can i suggest to make Corsica an indipendent state with is leader Pasquale Paoli? Because i think is better than have genoa without the city of genoa.
    Good suggestion, changed to Corsican republic

Icon4 Re: SEVEN YEARS' WAR project

I want so bad to play this mod but after i follow the instructions and i start the gameis,in loading screen i wait for one minute and then crushes
    i don t know what to do,ihope to solve this problem because i loved imperial destroyer and this mod i want to try so muuuch

cant open it crashes

I've had fun with it so far, but I feel like there's something missing. Maybe I'm missing some of the systems from NTW3, LME and Masters of Europe.

Has some kind of new building system been considered? I think on the strategic level it feels too much like vanilla NTW, which I'm not a fan of.

bk2-modder's Avatar Libertus

Pretty great to see 18th Century content for Napoleon Total War, awesome work!

where do i put my starpos file?

nevermind, you just need to add a folder called SYW in campaigns folder and put your starpos and scripting in it

need more units, tweaks, and more

Can we have the drumsounds for empire?

I'm so glad to see LordSith back after his amazing Imperial Destroyer mod. Hope this mod gets more attention. NTW needs some love too

Patrician

legate's Avatar Campidoctor

Where do I find the user.script?

This is awesome! I was looking for the seven years war mod on Total War series for a long time and so glad to see one at last.
    Haven't you figured out how to keep the French-Austrian alliance for more than a turn yet? Maybe you can reference what TGW mod did to maintain the alliances

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by hongdino View Post
    This is awesome! I was looking for the seven years war mod on Total War series for a long time and so glad to see one at last.
    Haven't you figured out how to keep the French-Austrian alliance for more than a turn yet? Maybe you can reference what TGW mod did to maintain the alliances
    I've already fixed that problem
    The new version will be MUCH more better in all aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordsith View Post
    I've already fixed that problem
    The new version will be MUCH more better in all aspects.
    That is great. I played your mod as Prussia and found out some things that need to be fixed.
    1. Diplomatic relation between the main actors of the war. In your mod, France and Russia are in a terrible relationship and Prussian-Austrian relation is pretty good despite they should be in a brink of war. You might wanna change that to the proper diplomatic relation as they had in 1756.

2. Playing as Prussia, I declared war on Austria and engaged in a war against French, Russian and Austrian alliance. But soon I found that neither Austrians nor Russians does not send their army to attack me. Austrian army stationed in Vienna never moved out of it though I took one province of theirs, and Russians did not care about me because their war with Poland. I hope in your next version AI would attack player more aggressively.

3. Lack of units and special mechanics, unlike Imperial Destroyer in ETW! But I can assume you are fully aware of this and will add much more things later. So I put this on the third

In general, I think this mod has great potential. And I believe you will release works that show better quality over time, Just like what you did for Imperial Destroyer mod(which I really enjoyed to play!). Keep up the great work!

Civis

Any news on when the next version is gonna drop?

Patrician

New version, is close to finish

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast