Thread: Will we ever see Augustan reforms for Rome that make managing the Cursus easier?

Default Will we ever see Augustan reforms for Rome that make managing the Cursus easier?

I don't even care about new units, I just want reforms that makes managing the Cursus over a Mediterranean-spanning empire somewhat realistic.

Default Re: Will we ever see Augustan reforms for Rome that make managing the Cursus easier?

The Player's Guide references the Augustan Reforms as "Not in game", implying that it might be added in the future. I don't think though the EBII team will ever implement this reform though. Historically, it occurred in 45BC, which is like only 150 or so turns before the end of the campaign (less time for you to enjoy the new features), and 950 or so turns into the campaign (next to no one ever goes this far into the campaign). EBII reforms tend to have minimum wait times to prevent the player from achieving the reform before it happened in real life, so either the Augustan Reforms will be implemented but it would be a "post-game" achievement few EBII players would ever enjoy, or not implemented at all due to the lack of playability

Default Re: Will we ever see Augustan reforms for Rome that make managing the Cursus easier?

A pity. How do people deal with the Cursus in the late game then, aside from ignoring it completely?

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

They should rethink the time limits a bit tbh. Game allows for faster expansion than in real life.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Quote Originally Posted by Morrowgan View Post
    They should rethink the time limits a bit tbh. Game allows for faster expansion than in real life.
    DEI's system is better, I think, limiting reforms to a smaller turn time and imperium level (although obviously MedII doesn't allow for this). 500 turns is a bit much.

Hi bud,

The Provincial governor traits give you bonuses that counter the penalties due to lack of Imperium.

I can't think of the list but Sicily, Sardinia or Corsica and Cisalpine Gaul have them.

I'm sure someone knows more about the traits than me.

Cheers

I could be wrong since I read it awhile ago

I don't find it that difficult. On maturity, they go to Rome for school. They stay in school until Erudite, then they start military service. At 29, they start running for office. At this age they won't go past Erudite. If elected quaestor, they govern a local province. When elected Praetor, they get a more distant province. When elected Consul, the fight in the wars. When Consul/Proconsul expires they retire to a permanent governorship. They don't go back for subsequent Consular elections unless needed and no other candidates are available.

I find that minimizes unnecessary travel with a far flung empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    The Player's Guide references the Augustan Reforms as "Not in game", implying that it might be added in the future. I don't think though the EBII team will ever implement this reform though. Historically, it occurred in 45BC, which is like only 150 or so turns before the end of the campaign (less time for you to enjoy the new features), and 950 or so turns into the campaign (next to no one ever goes this far into the campaign). EBII reforms tend to have minimum wait times to prevent the player from achieving the reform before it happened in real life, so either the Augustan Reforms will be implemented but it would be a "post-game" achievement few EBII players would ever enjoy, or not implemented at all due to the lack of playability
    To be honest, I think the biggest stumbling block would be that it requires an overhaul of an already big and complex trait system.